Money Man Ball

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Highracers Suck, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. bryan just some things i donot understand?

    you claim to not make much $$$ with BROL? let's take a closer look. i count 32 ads in your site and
    at a reported $200 per month cost to them, you will receive $6,400 per month or $76,800 per year.
    now let's take away some monthly expenses for web hosting and paying larry varney, you will still
    make maybe over $65,000! is this amount of money NOT MUCH as you say?

    i remembered you asked for $$$ recently and still have a contribution link on the site to keep BROL
    going? how can $65,000 not be enough for you. do we have to GIVE YOU more money?

    you say you only get ride of out of control messages but this one asks you WHY you claim to not have
    $$$ yet if you collect the bills then you should have plenty to keep BROL going?????

    please answer this and just not delete my message or i will ask the readers at
    altrecbicyclesrecumbent and other net places for their opinion about my concern? Bryan, what about
    the money you charge for people clicking on the ads i think it is called click through or something
    like that? that can ad up to many thousands of dollars so now you are maybe back up to $80,000 or
    so? this is not CHUMP CHANGE. when will you have enough money for BROL? oh yes and i think you are
    still working for the gov. ? add that and i bet you are taking in over $130,000 every year? i
    believe this messaes should not be deleted because it asks you why you still want contributions when
    i think you make enough to keep BROL going.

    Tags:

  2. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    do you guys have "Bryan Ball" envy? give it a freaking break. The guy had the where with all to
    start something, that MANY people enjoy.

    HIGHRACERS SUCKS wrote:

    > bryan just some things i donot understand?
    >
    > you claim to not make much $$$ with BROL? let's take a closer look. i count 32 ads in your site
    > and at a reported $200 per month cost to them, you will receive $6,400 per month or $76,800 per
    > year. now let's take away some monthly expenses for web hosting and paying larry varney, you will
    > still make maybe over $65,000! is this amount of money NOT MUCH as you say?
    >
    > i remembered you asked for $$$ recently and still have a contribution link on the site to keep
    > BROL going? how can $65,000 not be enough for you. do we have to GIVE YOU more money?
    >
    > you say you only get ride of out of control messages but this one asks you WHY you claim to not
    > have $$$ yet if you collect the bills then you should have plenty to keep BROL going?????
    >
    > please answer this and just not delete my message or i will ask the readers at
    > altrecbicyclesrecumbent and other net places for their opinion about my concern? Bryan, what about
    > the money you charge for people clicking on the ads i think it is called click through or
    > something like that? that can ad up to many thousands of dollars so now you are maybe back up to
    > $80,000 or so? this is not CHUMP CHANGE. when will you have enough money for BROL? oh yes and i
    > think you are still working for the gov. ? add that and i bet you are taking in over $130,000
    > every year? i believe this messaes should not be deleted because it asks you why you still want
    > contributions when i think you make enough to keep BROL going.

  3. "HIGHRACERS SUCKS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > bryan just some things i donot understand?

    Appearently, the function of punctuation and capitalizing

    > you claim to not make much $$$ with BROL? let's take a closer look. i count 32 ads in your site
    > and at a reported $200 per month cost to them, you will receive $6,400 per month or $76,800 per
    > year. now let's take away some monthly expenses for web hosting and paying larry varney, you will
    > still make maybe over $65,000! is this amount of money NOT MUCH as you say?

    Interesting SWAG Mr Sucks, sounds like you have analysed this business pretty well. I suggest you
    give web publishing a shot, who know's perhaps you can give Bryan a run for his money. There are at
    least 32 advertisers looking for a cheaper place to advertise. I'm sure with your eloquent writing
    style, your expose' should impress them so much they will flock to your ezine, leaving poor Bryan
    destitute, and devoid of recumbents, and you Mr Sucks would have the last laugh. "HA HA Bryan Ball I
    make rude sentences in your general direction" ,or some such comment.

    > i remembered you asked for $$$ recently and still have a contribution link on the site to keep
    > BROL going? how can $65,000 not be enough for you. do we have to GIVE YOU more money?

    I would imagine it costs alot to keep characters like you off the Joint discussion board

    > you say you only get ride of out of control messages but this one asks you WHY you claim to not
    > have $$$ yet if you collect the bills then you should have plenty to keep BROL going?????
    >
    > please answer this and just not delete my message or i will ask the readers at
    > altrecbicyclesrecumbent and other net places for their opinion about my concern?

    My opinion is that you have had your feelings hurt by Bryan Ball, probably rightfully so. IMO you
    aren't doing much to promote your case. I suggest you write in anger and edit a bit more
    intelligently. I suspect you have some intelligence, since you obviously have done a great deal of
    research on the following...

    > Bryan, what about the money you charge for people clicking on the ads i think it is called click
    > through or something like that? that can ad up

    Interesting concept Bryan, Mr Sucks could be onto something. You better check out that "Click
    Through" thing you could be throwing money out the window.

    > to many thousands of dollars so now you are maybe back up to $80,000 or so? this is not CHUMP
    > CHANGE. when will you have enough money for BROL? oh yes and i think you are still working for the
    > gov. ? add that and i bet you are taking in over $130,000 every year?

    Bryan, if you're reading this, and I suppose you will, perhaps you can explain the concept of
    capitalizm to Mr Sucks. He'll need it in the web publishing business.

    i believe this messaes
    > should not be deleted because it asks you why you still want contributions when i think you make
    > enough to keep BROL going.

    I wouldn't delete this one for the world, it's a good example to any one who is considering the
    start of a web publication. There are a few Mr. Sucks out there, and that's what they like to do.

    Denny in Sayre, Pa "Bent but not Broken"

    P.S. I usually don't get involved in rants, but this one was just too much fun to pass up.

  4. Perhaps I should enlighted you. First, I'm am biting my tongue trying to restrain myself. Allow me
    to introduce myself, I'm Rick Horwitz, co-owner of Hellbent Cycles Inc. I am one of those advertiser
    on BROL. As for the money I pay for my link and banner on BROL, it is chump change. Mind you I am a
    small fish in this big lake of the recumbent market. There is no pay to click on BROL! It is a flat
    out annual fee.

    In this small world of recumbents there exist four major publications internationally. You are
    insulting one of them. Please back off.

    Respectfully,

    Rick Horwitz http://www.hellbentcycles.com

    "HIGHRACERS SUCKS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > bryan just some things i donot understand?
    >
    > you claim to not make much $$$ with BROL? let's take a closer look. i count 32 ads in your site
    > and at a reported $200 per month cost to them, you will receive $6,400 per month or $76,800 per
    > year. now let's take away some monthly expenses for web hosting and paying larry varney, you will
    > still make maybe over $65,000! is this amount of money NOT MUCH as you say?
    >
    > i remembered you asked for $$$ recently and still have a contribution link on the site to keep
    > BROL going? how can $65,000 not be enough for you. do we have to GIVE YOU more money?
    >
    > you say you only get ride of out of control messages but this one asks you WHY you claim to not
    > have $$$ yet if you collect the bills then you should have plenty to keep BROL going?????
    >
    > please answer this and just not delete my message or i will ask the readers at
    > altrecbicyclesrecumbent and other net places for their opinion about my concern? Bryan, what about
    > the money you charge for people clicking on the ads i think it is called click through or
    > something like that? that can ad up to many thousands of dollars so now you are maybe back up to
    > $80,000 or so? this is not CHUMP CHANGE. when will you have enough money for BROL? oh yes and i
    > think you are still working for the gov. ? add that and i bet you are taking in over $130,000
    > every year? i believe this messaes should not be deleted because it asks you why you still want
    > contributions when i think you make enough to keep BROL going.

  5. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Denny Voorhees wrote:

    > "HIGHRACERS SUCKS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > bryan just some things i donot understand?
    >
    > Appearently, the function of punctuation and capitalizing

    Sentences usually end with a period. ;)

    Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

  6. <Chas>

    <Chas> Guest

    This guy has a hard on for Bryan because Bryan threw him off the BROL discussion board. Ignore him
    and, with a little luck he'll go away. His math skills suck, he can't be bothered to learn how much
    it really costs to host and maintain a site like BROL. And I know that Bryan has to pay EZBoard to
    host the forums. Ain't nothing free on the net but BS, and certain people have that in abundance. If
    he didn't keep changing his ISP, he'd remain in my killfile forever, but being the troll that he is,
    he changes ISPs every week or more often, so putting him in the killfile doesn't help. Poor bastard,
    if he had even half a life, he'd get out and ride instead of plagueing us with his pathetic drivel.

    <Chas

  7. Tom; Thank you. Denny

    > Denny Voorhees wrote:
    > >
    > > "HIGHRACERS SUCKS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > bryan just some things i donot understand?
    > >
    > > Appearently, the function of punctuation and capitalizing
    >
    > Sentences usually end with a period. ;)
    >
    > Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

  8. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Tom Sherman wrote:

    > Sentences usually end with a period. ;)

    Or other punctuation mark, I should add.

  9. Rocketman

    Rocketman Guest

    > Tom Sherman wrote:
    > >
    > > Sentences usually end with a period. ;)
    >
    > Or other punctuation mark, I should add.

    Sentence fragment. Doesn't need a period. Or deserve won.

    Rocketman

  10. Geoff Adams

    Geoff Adams Guest

    HIGHRACERS SUCKS,

    Maybe you should examine what your own time is worth, eh? You're counting ads on BROL?! You're
    calculating Larry Varney's "pay"?! You're taking the time to figure out Bryan's financial picture?!
    Now THAT is something I "donot" understand... and it's just plain sad. Brother, you need to just
    RELAX and focus your attention on a more worthwhile wrong to be righted. If BROL is a hair across
    your ass, then just stay away from it.

    HIGHRACERS SUCKS wrote:

    > bryan just some things i donot understand?
    >
    > you claim to not make much $$$ with BROL? let's take a closer look. i count 32 ads in your site
    > and at a reported $200 per month cost to them, you will receive $6,400 per month or $76,800 per
    > year. now let's take away some monthly expenses for web hosting and paying larry varney, you will
    > still make maybe over $65,000! is this amount of money NOT MUCH as you say?
    >
    > i remembered you asked for $$$ recently and still have a contribution link on the site to keep
    > BROL going? how can $65,000 not be enough for you. do we have to GIVE YOU more money?
    >
    > you say you only get ride of out of control messages but this one asks you WHY you claim to not
    > have $$$ yet if you collect the bills then you should have plenty to keep BROL going?????
    >
    > please answer this and just not delete my message or i will ask the readers at
    > altrecbicyclesrecumbent and other net places for their opinion about my concern? Bryan, what about
    > the money you charge for people clicking on the ads i think it is called click through or
    > something like that? that can ad up to many thousands of dollars so now you are maybe back up to
    > $80,000 or so? this is not CHUMP CHANGE. when will you have enough money for BROL? oh yes and i
    > think you are still working for the gov. ? add that and i bet you are taking in over $130,000
    > every year? i believe this messaes should not be deleted because it asks you why you still want
    > contributions when i think you make enough to keep BROL going.

  11. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Mikael Seierup wrote:

    > Go away, you crazy stalker. Not from alt.rec.alarms by any chance are you?
    >
    > "HIGHRACERS SUCKS" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    > news:[email protected]...

    Robert Bass has not posted to a.r.b.r. in a long time, so I would not expect to see postings from
    Jacob Ashbury and his Bass hating friends.

    The real identity of "HIGHRACERS SUCKS" is pretty obvious, unless someone is doing a very good
    impersonation. And no, I am not saying who I think it is, so don't ask.

    Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

  12. Tom Blum

    Tom Blum Guest

    My scientufuc wild ass guess is that either Ed Gin or Jimmy are the suckers. Either (or both??)
    appear to be having a really bad midlife crisis.

    May time heal them.

    Tom

  13. Bentrider

    Bentrider Guest

    WOW! You're right! I should be rich! Why am I not retired by now?

    You must have never seen my ad rates (you're WAY off) or worked for the gov't (you're EVEN FARTHER
    off). If you can find me a way to make $135K a year, I'll hire you and you can keep half of it.

    Bryan Ball www.bentrideronline.com

  14. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    'BentRider wrote:

    > WOW! You're right! I should be rich! Why am I not retired by now?
    >
    > You must have never seen my ad rates (you're WAY off) or worked for the gov't (you're EVEN FARTHER
    > off). If you can find me a way to make $135K a year, I'll hire you and you can keep half of it.

    Byran,

    You are too late. In the 1990's you could have taken BROL public on NASDAQ, transferred most of the
    proceeds from the IPO to yourself in the form of salary, and then gone bankrupt when the stock value
    plummeted.

    Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

    "There is enough in the world for everyone's need; there is not enough for everyone's greed." -
    Mohandas Gandhi

  15. John Foltz

    John Foltz Guest

    Tom Sherman wrote:

    > The real identity of "HIGHRACERS SUCKS" is pretty obvious, unless someone is doing a very good
    > impersonation. And no, I am not saying who I think it is, so don't ask.

    I'm disappointed and saddened that the individual in question would post that stuff. I'm *almost
    certain* I know who it is, and he should know better. And no, I still won't throw out a name either.

    Posts like that are childish. He's not impressing anyone here, and if he wants to behave that way,
    he should stay at Monkey Island.
    --

    John Foltz --- O _ Baron --- _O _ V-Rex 24 --- _\\/\-%)

  16. Tzenobite

    Tzenobite Guest

    first of all, respect to mr. ball! he does a work, he do it very good, so why he can't make money
    with it? mr. sucks works for free?

    > In this small world of recumbents there exist four major publications internationally. You are
    > insulting one of them. Please back off.
    i love to keep myself informed about recumbent related life and news, but i know only brol and
    rcn... can you tell me how is called the other two? thanks ;-) mate

  17. Skip

    Skip Guest

    "tzenobite" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:231120031259134758%[email protected]...
    > first of all, respect to mr. ball! he does a work, he do it very good, so why he can't make money
    > with it? mr. sucks works for free?

    Right tzenobite, If mr. sucks thinks it's so easy you have to wonder why he doesn't try it himself.
    I really tire of people who denigrate hard work and resent the earnings of others.

    skip

  18. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    skip wrote:

    > Right tzenobite, If mr. sucks thinks it's so easy you have to wonder why he doesn't try it
    > himself. I really tire of people who denigrate hard work and resent the earnings of others.

    Mr. Skip Anonymous,

    Most of the people who work really hard do not receive much compensation for it. I suggest working
    in agricultural labor or contract factory labor if you do not believe this.

    At a higher educational level, hard work is rewarded by being assigned more work, while those who
    play the favoritism game get the promotions and high salaries.

    Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

    "There is enough in the world for everyone's need; there is not enough for everyone's greed." -
    Mohandas Gandhi

  19. Skip

    Skip Guest

    > skip wrote:
    > >
    > > Right tzenobite, If mr. sucks thinks it's so easy you have to wonder
    why he
    > > doesn't try it himself. I really tire of people who denigrate hard
    work
    > > and resent the earnings of others.
    >
    > Mr. Skip Anonymous,
    >
    > Most of the people who work really hard do not receive much compensation for it. I suggest working
    > in agricultural labor or contract factory labor if you do not believe this.

    At one time or another in my life I have done both of those things and I know you are right. It's
    hard work for low pay.

    From the front porch of my house I can see a tobacco field farmed by an 81 year old man and his 60
    year old son. I have known them both for as long as I can remember. Growing tobacco is backbreaking
    manual labor and if you haven't done it you don't know how hard agricultural labor can be. I have
    the utmost respect for these men and admiration for their labor. And I do get pissed when their
    labor is denigrated and they are stereotyped as rednecks, bigots, wife beaters, drunks, cyclist
    haters, etc. etc. It's complete lack of respect for who they are and what they do. They have neither
    the time nor the inclination to care about this sort of thing, but I
    do.

    > At a higher educational level, hard work is rewarded by being assigned more work, while those who
    > play the favoritism game get the promotions and high salaries.

    I've done this kind of work too and I have seen what you are talking about happen. It's not always
    the case, but it happens often. That's why for the past twenty years I chose to be an independent
    contractor or commissioned salesman where there was a direct connection between my income and the
    results I achieved. My income has always been adequate and I am forever thankful I chose this
    course. It gives me the freedom to sail my own ship.

    However, back to my original post, I still find tiresome those who denigrate hard work and resent
    the earnings of others such as mr. sucks seemed to be doing concerning Mr. Ball. I have no doubt Mr.
    Ball works long and hard to accomplish all that he does. I'm certain whatever money he makes is more
    than well deserved.

    I hope his publishing venture leads him to even greater success, both personal and financial.

    anonymously yours,

    skip