mongoose crossway 250 parts info

Guy Tedesco

Guest
hello. i have the above bike and i want to get a listing of all the parts on the bike. is there a
website that has this. i have no idea what drive train,chain,hub,or bb that my bicyle has. i don't
even know what the frame is made of.-guy from long island

The Crossway was the entry level hybrid by Mongoose shortly before they were bought out. It has a
steel frame and low end Shimano components mixed with Taiwanese parts (hubs, BB, Headset). If I
remember correctly, it also had twist shifters. Was there something in particular you wanted to know
about the bike. You best bet is to post for an old Mongoose catalog, circa 1997-98.

Dann

"guy tedesco" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hello. i have the above bike and i want to get a listing of all the parts on the bike. is there a
> website that has this. i have no idea what drive train,chain,hub,or bb that my bicyle has. i don't
> even know what the frame is made of.-guy from long island

The Shimano equipment on your bike have model designations stamped into each part (hubs FH-MC38 for
example). Your bike's country of origin is labelled as required by law and the seat tube normally
bears a label for the material used in the frame. Mny helpful souls here can further elucidate if
you have a specific question once you know which parts you have.