mongoose crossway 250 parts info

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Guy Tedesco, Apr 4, 2003.

  1. Guy Tedesco

    Guy Tedesco Guest

    hello. i have the above bike and i want to get a listing of all the parts on the bike. is there a
    website that has this. i have no idea what drive train,chain,hub,or bb that my bicyle has. i don't
    even know what the frame is made of.-guy from long island

    Tags:

  2. Dann Francis

    Dann Francis Guest

    The Crossway was the entry level hybrid by Mongoose shortly before they were bought out. It has a
    steel frame and low end Shimano components mixed with Taiwanese parts (hubs, BB, Headset). If I
    remember correctly, it also had twist shifters. Was there something in particular you wanted to know
    about the bike. You best bet is to post for an old Mongoose catalog, circa 1997-98.

    Dann

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "guy tedesco" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hello. i have the above bike and i want to get a listing of all the parts on the bike. is there a
    > website that has this. i have no idea what drive train,chain,hub,or bb that my bicyle has. i don't
    > even know what the frame is made of.-guy from long island

    The Shimano equipment on your bike have model designations stamped into each part (hubs FH-MC38 for
    example). Your bike's country of origin is labelled as required by law and the seat tube normally
    bears a label for the material used in the frame. Mny helpful souls here can further elucidate if
    you have a specific question once you know which parts you have.