Mongoose Morzine or Iron-Horse Cyclone ('01)

303squadron

Guest
I have a very limited budget and want to buy a road bike for $400 or less. Already looked in three
bikes shops and they sell nothing for less than $550 (Giant). Too much.

****'s sells the Mongoose Morzine for $400. SportsMart sells the 2001 Iron-Horse Cyclone for $330.
Both are road bikes.

The Morzine is all aluminum (7005 alloy), while the Iron Horse is 6000 series Al alloy frame with a
chom-moly fork. Both have Shimano Sora crank sets. Wheels are (of course) aluminum. Welds look great
on both bikes. Both bikes fit me. Both stores have a bike service guys who seem competent and
helpful. The SportsMart has a huge dedicated bike service department and I saw bike brands (the
"better" brands) being serviced that they do not even sell!

Other than the usual "buy from a local bike shop" (too many $$$) or anti-Mongoose rant thing, anyone
have any comments on these two models. Preferably from people who have actually owned the bikes.

Thanks.

- 303sq

"303squadron" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have a very limited budget and want to buy a road bike for $400 or less. Already looked in three
> bikes shops and they sell nothing for less than
$550
> (Giant). Too much.
>
> ****'s sells the Mongoose Morzine for $400. SportsMart sells the 2001 Iron-Horse Cyclone for $330.
> Both are road bikes.

Bicycling raved about the Cyclone, for what it's worth. They called it a return to the general
purpose road bike. Apparently it's been quite a good seller for Iron Horse. Have you checked
http://www.roadbikereview.com ?