Mongoose Pro Deuce Wass up???

Mongoose is usually thought of as a lesser quality brand, but most of the components listed for this model look pretty nice. I don't know the quality of the frame construction for this model, but if the price is right, it might very well be a good starter bike.

if it is a 2001 model that would have been before Mongoose got sold off to Pacific Cycle and they tended to be built abit better then they are now, I got a Mongoose Zero G 3 2002 model and it has held up great though now starting to look at upgrading but it was a great first bike.

Thanks for the replies. The bike seems pretty solid and rides smooth. Is there any upgrades you might reccomend? I want this bike to last a while !

Musashi said:
Thanks for the replies. The bike seems pretty solid and rides smooth. Is there any upgrades you might reccomend? I want this bike to last a while !
I wouldn't upgrade a thing. Again, the majority of the components listed in the spec are known quality parts.

Add a helmet, hydration pack, multi-tool, clipless pedals (once you get used to them, you'll never go back) and hit the trails.