mongoose sx 4.3

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Kaiser, Jan 28, 2003.

  1. Kaiser

    Kaiser Guest

    Hows everyone i have had this bike for 3 years so far so good no problems i do mild off roading and
    was thinking about upgrading from a threaded fork to an affordable threadless rock shox fork can
    anyone tell me how to get my fork size, is this upgrade worth it for this bike and other then the
    fork what other components do i need for the change..... i did measure the fork and i got a little
    over 1" i'm not to good with bikes so i would appreciate any help thanxxxxxxxx....................

    Tags:

  2. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    kaiser wrote:
    > Hows everyone i have had this bike for 3 years so far so good no problems i do mild off roading
    > and was thinking about upgrading from a threaded fork to an affordable threadless rock shox fork
    > can anyone tell me how to get my fork size, is this upgrade worth it for this bike and other then
    > the fork what other components do i need for the change..... i did measure the fork and i got a
    > little over 1" i'm not to good with bikes so i would appreciate any help
    > thanxxxxxxxx....................

    ifyouredoingmildoffroadingonamongoosethenyouprobablydontneedtoupgradeyourforkschancesarethatits11/8-
    butyourebestoffchecking thedocumentationyougotwhenyouboughtit

  3. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > kaiser wrote:
    > > Hows everyone i have had this bike for 3 years so far so good no problems i do mild off roading
    > > and was thinking about upgrading from a threaded fork to an affordable threadless rock shox fork
    > > can anyone tell me how to get my fork size, is this upgrade worth it for this bike and other
    > > then the fork what other components do i need for the change..... i did measure the fork and i
    > > got a little over 1" i'm not to good with bikes so i would appreciate any help
    > > thanxxxxxxxx....................

    ifyouredoingmildoffroadingonamongoosethenyouprobablydontneedtoupgradeyourfor
    kschancesarethatits11/8butyourebestoffchecking
    > thedocumentationyougotwhenyouboughtit

    Sweet Bomb, sweet....heheh.....

    Shaun aRe - good advice on both counts.

  4. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Does that Mongoose say Pro on the frame, if not just ride it till something does go wrong. Then move
    on over and up to a good, better bike. All I can say .

    Fire up MTB 03

  5. Kaiser

    Kaiser Guest

    [email protected] wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Does that Mongoose say Pro on the frame, if not just ride it till something does go wrong. Then
    > move on over and up to a good, better bike. All I can say .
    >
    > Fire up MTB 03

    i'm curious what is a better bike to you guys... a more expensive one? if its because of components
    i bought this bike with decent components,its got disc brakes spinergy xyclone wheels.... bomba
    wrote. ifyouredoingmildoffroadingonamongoosethenyouprobablydontneedtoupgradeyourforkschancesarethat-
    its11/8butyourebestoffchecking thedocumentationyougotwhenyouboughtit

    bombagivemeyourexpertadvice...............

  6. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    kaiser wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>Does that Mongoose say Pro on the frame, if not just ride it till something does go wrong. Then
    >>move on over and up to a good, better bike. All I can say .
    >>
    >>Fire up MTB 03
    >

    > i'm curious what is a better bike to you guys... a more expensive one?

    Partly. It's the all in package, a good frame with good components. Mongoose has a pretty bad rep
    since they got bought out by Pacific.

    > if its because of components i bought this bike with decent components,its got disc brakes
    > spinergy xyclone wheels....

    The phrase, 'you can't polish a turd' springs to mind...

    Keep the good bits and get yourself a good fork and frame package.

    And see, you can do punctuation and grammar when you try :)

  7. Tbf

    Tbf Guest

    So do you also think the new GT bikes are bad? just curious, a bud is thinking of getting one.

    > kaiser wrote:
    > > [email protected] wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > >>Does that Mongoose say Pro on the frame, if not just ride it till something does go wrong. Then
    > >>move on over and up to a good, better bike. All I can say .
    > >>
    > >>Fire up MTB 03
    > >

    > > i'm curious what is a better bike to you guys... a more expensive one?
    >
    > Partly. It's the all in package, a good frame with good components. Mongoose has a pretty bad rep
    > since they got bought out by Pacific.
    >
    > > if its because of components i bought this bike with decent components,its got disc brakes
    > > spinergy xyclone wheels....
    >
    > The phrase, 'you can't polish a turd' springs to mind...
    >
    > Keep the good bits and get yourself a good fork and frame package.
    >
    > And see, you can do punctuation and grammar when you try :)

  8. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    TBF wrote:

    >>Partly. It's the all in package, a good frame with good components. Mongoose has a pretty bad rep
    >>since they got bought out by Pacific.

    > So do you also think the new GT bikes are bad? just curious, a bud is thinking of getting one.

    There's not a huge amount to go on yet. The GT bmxes look terrible, but it looks like they've so far
    done an ok job with Schwinn mtbs, and the GTs are supposed to higher spec.

    I'd be wary of the new GTs, at least until there's more info / feedback.

  9. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "kaiser" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Does that Mongoose say Pro on the frame, if not just ride it till something does go wrong. Then
    > > move on over and up to a good, better bike. All I can say .
    > >
    > > Fire up MTB 03
    >
    > i'm curious what is a better bike to you guys... a more expensive one?

    One not bought at a dept store. Doesn't have to be expensive.

    Pete