mongoose sx 4.3

Kaiser

Guest
Hows everyone i have had this bike for 3 years so far so good no problems i do mild off roading and
was thinking about upgrading from a threaded fork to an affordable threadless rock shox fork can
anyone tell me how to get my fork size, is this upgrade worth it for this bike and other then the
fork what other components do i need for the change..... i did measure the fork and i got a little
over 1" i'm not to good with bikes so i would appreciate any help thanxxxxxxxx....................

kaiser wrote:
> Hows everyone i have had this bike for 3 years so far so good no problems i do mild off roading
> and was thinking about upgrading from a threaded fork to an affordable threadless rock shox fork
> can anyone tell me how to get my fork size, is this upgrade worth it for this bike and other then
> the fork what other components do i need for the change..... i did measure the fork and i got a
> little over 1" i'm not to good with bikes so i would appreciate any help
> thanxxxxxxxx....................

ifyouredoingmildoffroadingonamongoosethenyouprobablydontneedtoupgradeyourforkschancesarethatits11/8-
butyourebestoffchecking thedocumentationyougotwhenyouboughtit

> kaiser wrote:
> > Hows everyone i have had this bike for 3 years so far so good no problems i do mild off roading
> > and was thinking about upgrading from a threaded fork to an affordable threadless rock shox fork
> > can anyone tell me how to get my fork size, is this upgrade worth it for this bike and other
> > then the fork what other components do i need for the change..... i did measure the fork and i
> > got a little over 1" i'm not to good with bikes so i would appreciate any help
> > thanxxxxxxxx....................

ifyouredoingmildoffroadingonamongoosethenyouprobablydontneedtoupgradeyourfor
kschancesarethatits11/8butyourebestoffchecking
> thedocumentationyougotwhenyouboughtit

Sweet Bomb, sweet....heheh.....

Shaun aRe - good advice on both counts.

Does that Mongoose say Pro on the frame, if not just ride it till something does go wrong. Then move
on over and up to a good, better bike. All I can say .

Fire up MTB 03

[email protected] wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Does that Mongoose say Pro on the frame, if not just ride it till something does go wrong. Then
> move on over and up to a good, better bike. All I can say .
>
> Fire up MTB 03

i'm curious what is a better bike to you guys... a more expensive one? if its because of components
i bought this bike with decent components,its got disc brakes spinergy xyclone wheels.... bomba
wrote. ifyouredoingmildoffroadingonamongoosethenyouprobablydontneedtoupgradeyourforkschancesarethat-
its11/8butyourebestoffchecking thedocumentationyougotwhenyouboughtit

bombagivemeyourexpertadvice...............

kaiser wrote:
> [email protected] wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Does that Mongoose say Pro on the frame, if not just ride it till something does go wrong. Then
>>move on over and up to a good, better bike. All I can say .
>>
>>Fire up MTB 03
>

> i'm curious what is a better bike to you guys... a more expensive one?

Partly. It's the all in package, a good frame with good components. Mongoose has a pretty bad rep
since they got bought out by Pacific.

> if its because of components i bought this bike with decent components,its got disc brakes
> spinergy xyclone wheels....

The phrase, 'you can't polish a turd' springs to mind...

Keep the good bits and get yourself a good fork and frame package.

And see, you can do punctuation and grammar when you try :)

So do you also think the new GT bikes are bad? just curious, a bud is thinking of getting one.

TBF wrote:

>>Partly. It's the all in package, a good frame with good components. Mongoose has a pretty bad rep
>>since they got bought out by Pacific.

> So do you also think the new GT bikes are bad? just curious, a bud is thinking of getting one.

There's not a huge amount to go on yet. The GT bmxes look terrible, but it looks like they've so far
done an ok job with Schwinn mtbs, and the GTs are supposed to higher spec.

I'd be wary of the new GTs, at least until there's more info / feedback.

"kaiser" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Does that Mongoose say Pro on the frame, if not just ride it till something does go wrong. Then
> > move on over and up to a good, better bike. All I can say .
> >
> > Fire up MTB 03
>
> i'm curious what is a better bike to you guys... a more expensive one?

One not bought at a dept store. Doesn't have to be expensive.

Pete