mongosse hybrid mountian bike

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Angelfilter, Mar 8, 2004.

  1. Angelfilter

    Angelfilter Guest

    any else got one

    Tags:

  2. On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:31:59 +1100, "angelfilter"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >any else got one

    I've got a 2002 Mongoose Randonneur - it's probably either
    an entry level touring bike or a commuting bike, depending
    on how you look at
    it. After I upgraded some stuff, I'm happy with it!

    What do you have?

  3. Alan Erskine

    Alan Erskine Guest

    "angelfilter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > any else got one

    Mongoose 850 Crossway, here. Not much experience with bike,
    but the only complaint I have with mine is that the tires
    just don't have enough tread - must change them. I had a bit
    of an oops last year (destroyed a perfectly good backpack,
    but my back would have ended in up in a similar state
    without that, so...) and feel that the lack of grip might be
    the reason.

    Other than that, it's a fantastic bike - easy to ride and
    great fun on bike paths, roads, trails etc. Wouldn't think
    of any serious off-road (mountain bike) stuff, but that's
    why I bought this - I don't do off-road.

    --
    Alan Erskine
    We can get people to the Moon in five years,

  4. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    news:[email protected]...
    wrote:
    > > On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:31:59 +1100, "angelfilter"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >>any else got one
    > >
    > > I've got a 2002 Mongoose Randonneur - it's probably
    > > either an entry level touring bike or a commuting bike,
    > > depending on how you look at
    > > it. After I upgraded some stuff, I'm happy with it!

    Any of you guys ride a Mongoose around Hawthorn and ride a
    "cruiser" style bike too?

    I spotted the guy again today (who rides the cruiser) and
    wanted a closer look at the bike, but he was on a
    Mongoose today!

    No fair! Bring back the cruiser!

    hippy

  5. Joel Mayes

    Joel Mayes Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, hippy wrote:
    > "Joel Mayes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> In article <[email protected]>,
    >> Andrew Reddaway
    > wrote:

    >> > I've got a 2002 Mongoose Randonneur - it's probably
    >> > either an entry level touring bike or a commuting bike,
    >> > depending on how you look at
    >> > it. After I upgraded some stuff, I'm happy with it!
    >
    > Any of you guys ride a Mongoose around Hawthorn and ride a
    > "cruiser" style bike too?
    >
    > I spotted the guy again today (who rides the cruiser) and
    > wanted a closer look at the bike, but he was on a
    > Mongoose today!
    >
    > No fair! Bring back the cruiser!
    >
    > hippy

    Not me I ride either the Randonneur, or a 20+ year old
    custom framed 10 speed racer which I picked up for $7 for a
    pawn shop, beutiful bike, was obviously someones pride and
    joy before they got ride of it.

    I do have an old cruiser but I'm not riding it until I get a
    chance to replace the bake pedal breaks with hand brakes.
    --
    | Joel Mayes | /~\ ASCII Ribbon campaign Accordionist | \_/
    | stop HTML mail and news Musician | / \ Music Teacher |

  6. On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 23:50:06 +1100, "hippy" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Any of you guys ride a Mongoose around Hawthorn and ride a
    >"cruiser" style bike too?

    Not me either - Randonneur and road bike here...

  7. Angelfilter

    Angelfilter Guest

    crossways 250 i think....
    its damn old