mongosse hybrid mountian bike

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:31:59 +1100, "angelfilter"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>any else got one

I've got a 2002 Mongoose Randonneur - it's probably either
an entry level touring bike or a commuting bike, depending
on how you look at
it. After I upgraded some stuff, I'm happy with it!

What do you have?

"angelfilter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> any else got one

Mongoose 850 Crossway, here. Not much experience with bike,
but the only complaint I have with mine is that the tires
just don't have enough tread - must change them. I had a bit
of an oops last year (destroyed a perfectly good backpack,
but my back would have ended in up in a similar state
without that, so...) and feel that the lack of grip might be
the reason.

Other than that, it's a fantastic bike - easy to ride and
great fun on bike paths, roads, trails etc. Wouldn't think
of any serious off-road (mountain bike) stuff, but that's
why I bought this - I don't do off-road.

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

news:[email protected]...
wrote:
> > On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:31:59 +1100, "angelfilter"
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>any else got one
> >
> > I've got a 2002 Mongoose Randonneur - it's probably
> > either an entry level touring bike or a commuting bike,
> > depending on how you look at
> > it. After I upgraded some stuff, I'm happy with it!

Any of you guys ride a Mongoose around Hawthorn and ride a
"cruiser" style bike too?

I spotted the guy again today (who rides the cruiser) and
wanted a closer look at the bike, but he was on a
Mongoose today!

No fair! Bring back the cruiser!

hippy

In article <[email protected]>, hippy wrote:
> "Joel Mayes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> Andrew Reddaway
> wrote:

>> > I've got a 2002 Mongoose Randonneur - it's probably
>> > either an entry level touring bike or a commuting bike,
>> > depending on how you look at
>> > it. After I upgraded some stuff, I'm happy with it!
>
> Any of you guys ride a Mongoose around Hawthorn and ride a
> "cruiser" style bike too?
>
> I spotted the guy again today (who rides the cruiser) and
> wanted a closer look at the bike, but he was on a
> Mongoose today!
>
> No fair! Bring back the cruiser!
>
> hippy

Not me I ride either the Randonneur, or a 20+ year old
custom framed 10 speed racer which I picked up for $7 for a
pawn shop, beutiful bike, was obviously someones pride and
joy before they got ride of it.

I do have an old cruiser but I'm not riding it until I get a
chance to replace the bake pedal breaks with hand brakes.
--
| Joel Mayes | /~\ ASCII Ribbon campaign Accordionist | \_/
| stop HTML mail and news Musician | / \ Music Teacher |

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 23:50:06 +1100, "hippy" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Any of you guys ride a Mongoose around Hawthorn and ride a
>"cruiser" style bike too?

Not me either - Randonneur and road bike here...

crossways 250 i think....
its damn old