Monoplanar brake cpads

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Wreckless Eric, Jan 18, 2006.

  1. Hello,

    I have a set of Campy Monoplanar brakes, circa early 90's. I
    think mine are Athena, although when these style brakes were 1st
    introduced they were, I believe, Chorus.

    Does anybody know if pads are available that will fit these
    holders? The holders are round at the front, unlike Super/Neuvo
    Record, but are chrome-plated steel, unlike their current pad
    holders.

    -Eric

    --
    Miss Baby was alright until me and Junior turned her head around.

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    Wreckless Eric wrote:
    > I have a set of Campy Monoplanar brakes, circa early 90's. I
    > think mine are Athena, although when these style brakes were 1st
    > introduced they were, I believe, Chorus.
    >
    > Does anybody know if pads are available that will fit these
    > holders? The holders are round at the front, unlike Super/Neuvo
    > Record, but are chrome-plated steel, unlike their current pad
    > holders.

    We have the originals:
    http://www.yellowjersey.org/cabrx.html

    Kool Stop aftermarket pads are better stopping but you'd
    have to round one end yourself (which seems tedious for just
    a brake pad to me)

    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org