Monsoon Meanderings

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Nelson Binch, May 7, 2003.

  1. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    It's day 3 of day-long mist and thunderstorms. I'm sick of sitting in this house to the point I'm
    either going to get my cruiser out (full fenders) or see how that T.H.E. fender actually works on
    the Big Sur (which also has a decked cargo rack now.) It's freaking May, and it's supposed to be
    humid and hot here by now, now sickly cool and gray all the time. I suddenly feel like I'm living in
    Seattle, not Charlotte. After 4 years of drought and listening to those ********* weathermen whining
    about needing rain, I'm going nuts. I haven't even been able to look at my mountain bike because the
    trails are sickening mud trenches right now (<1> I don't ride muddy trails, damaging them <2> I hate
    being muddy <3> I hate having my bikes *that* muddy - so sue me, I'm a mud-wuss) Driving around town
    is out, since SWMBO has the car and I'm broke anyway. Heck, I might even get on eBay and see if I
    can pick up some fenders for my Schwinn, which is supposed to be the beater bike anyway, or maybe
    I'll slip some MobyBites on the Rockhopper and splash around in the rain. I can only get sick and
    make people think I have SARS or something. Yes folks, I've got cabin fever. I shouldn't complain,
    SWMBO was on vacation last week and the weather was good, but now this is my time. I want to put on
    my Walkman, crank some tunes and lose myself in the ride. I just hate doing that in this depressing
    gray. Maybe I'll just sit around the house and stare at the computer all day long. Maybe I'll write
    some Science Fiction and email it to Fagerlin. That'd make his day. I've got all 7 bikes lined up in
    the kitchen, all perfectly tuned and ready to run, all the small tinkering I can think of (that I
    can afford right now) has been done. Maybe I'll swipe the skewers off the Cruiser and put them on
    the Big Sur. Who even remembers the old Ringlé Cam-Twists. They don't make that many good looking
    fancy skewers any more. They all have these swoopy curves in them now. Guess I'll just stick with
    the Shimano type and try to get my hands on more black XT sets. Icycles has them for $24 but that
    just reminds me again that I'm broke. It's a good thing I don't drink. Maybe I'll drink some coke
    and the caffeine will make me feel better. It's just started pouring again. Dammit, April's over,
    let the showers end.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 4/24/2003

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 4/24/2003

    Tags:

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Nelson Binch <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    Oh, quitcherbitchin' bitch.

    > It's just started pouring again. Dammit, April's over, let the showers end.

    We had a mostly dry April - didn't start getting wet until May.

    Shaun aRe

  3. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

  4. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

  5. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Wed, 7 May 2003 08:11:24 -0400, Nelson Binch wrote:

    > I haven't even been able to look at my mountain bike because the trails are sickening mud trenches
    > right now (<1> I don't ride muddy trails, damaging them <2> I hate being muddy <3> I hate having
    > my bikes *that* muddy - so sue me, I'm a mud-wuss)

    Wait long enough, and you'll get over that. I did...last night. As long as you hose all that crap
    off before it dries, it comes off pretty easily. Let it DRY, and its a mess to get off (I did that
    last week).

    > Maybe I'll just sit around the house and stare at the computer all day long.

    That's a sign that you may be losing it.

    > Maybe I'll write some Science Fiction and email it to Fagerlin. That'd make his day.

    That's a sign that you're DEFINITELY losing it!

    > I've got all 7 bikes lined up in the kitchen,

    Well, that's gotta make the "SWMBO" happy (never have figured out what "SWMBO" means, but I don't
    read every post here).

    Bet it dries out in your neighborhood before it does here (Portland, OR)!

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    BB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Well, that's gotta make the "SWMBO" happy (never have figured out what

    She Who Must Be Obeyed - HTH!

    Shaun aRe - However, it is a fallacy ',;~}~

  7. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    BB wrote:

    >>I haven't even been able to look at my mountain bike because the trails are sickening mud trenches
    >>right now (<1> I don't ride muddy trails, damaging them <2> I hate being muddy <3> I hate having
    >>my bikes *that* muddy - so sue me, I'm a mud-wuss)
    >

    > Wait long enough, and you'll get over that. I did...last night. As long as you hose all that crap
    > off before it dries, it comes off pretty easily. Let it DRY, and its a mess to get off (I did that
    > last week).

    Let it dry and then go out riding on it. It soon comes off. Of course, if you're as anal about
    keeping your bikes clean as Nelson, this is probably not the best course of action :)

    [...]

    > Well, that's gotta make the "SWMBO" happy (never have figured out what "SWMBO" means, but I don't
    > read every post here).

    Well, I guess you'll look at replies to this post - She Who Must Be Obeyed.