Monsoon Meanderings

Nelson Binch

Guest
It's day 3 of day-long mist and thunderstorms. I'm sick of sitting in this house to the point I'm
either going to get my cruiser out (full fenders) or see how that T.H.E. fender actually works on
the Big Sur (which also has a decked cargo rack now.) It's freaking May, and it's supposed to be
humid and hot here by now, now sickly cool and gray all the time. I suddenly feel like I'm living in
Seattle, not Charlotte. After 4 years of drought and listening to those ********* weathermen whining
about needing rain, I'm going nuts. I haven't even been able to look at my mountain bike because the
trails are sickening mud trenches right now (<1> I don't ride muddy trails, damaging them <2> I hate
being muddy <3> I hate having my bikes *that* muddy - so sue me, I'm a mud-wuss) Driving around town
is out, since SWMBO has the car and I'm broke anyway. Heck, I might even get on eBay and see if I
can pick up some fenders for my Schwinn, which is supposed to be the beater bike anyway, or maybe
I'll slip some MobyBites on the Rockhopper and splash around in the rain. I can only get sick and
make people think I have SARS or something. Yes folks, I've got cabin fever. I shouldn't complain,
SWMBO was on vacation last week and the weather was good, but now this is my time. I want to put on
my Walkman, crank some tunes and lose myself in the ride. I just hate doing that in this depressing
gray. Maybe I'll just sit around the house and stare at the computer all day long. Maybe I'll write
some Science Fiction and email it to Fagerlin. That'd make his day. I've got all 7 bikes lined up in
the kitchen, all perfectly tuned and ready to run, all the small tinkering I can think of (that I
can afford right now) has been done. Maybe I'll swipe the skewers off the Cruiser and put them on
the Big Sur. Who even remembers the old Ringlé Cam-Twists. They don't make that many good looking
fancy skewers any more. They all have these swoopy curves in them now. Guess I'll just stick with
the Shimano type and try to get my hands on more black XT sets. Icycles has them for $24 but that
just reminds me again that I'm broke. It's a good thing I don't drink. Maybe I'll drink some coke
and the caffeine will make me feel better. It's just started pouring again. Dammit, April's over,
let the showers end.

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 4/24/2003

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 4/24/2003

Nelson Binch <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Oh, quitcherbitchin' *****.

> It's just started pouring again. Dammit, April's over, let the showers end.

We had a mostly dry April - didn't start getting wet until May.

Shaun aRe

On Wed, 7 May 2003 08:11:24 -0400, Nelson Binch wrote:

> I haven't even been able to look at my mountain bike because the trails are sickening mud trenches
> right now (<1> I don't ride muddy trails, damaging them <2> I hate being muddy <3> I hate having
> my bikes *that* muddy - so sue me, I'm a mud-wuss)

Wait long enough, and you'll get over that. I did...last night. As long as you hose all that ****
off before it dries, it comes off pretty easily. Let it DRY, and its a mess to get off (I did that
last week).

> Maybe I'll just sit around the house and stare at the computer all day long.

That's a sign that you may be losing it.

> Maybe I'll write some Science Fiction and email it to Fagerlin. That'd make his day.

That's a sign that you're DEFINITELY losing it!

> I've got all 7 bikes lined up in the kitchen,

Well, that's gotta make the "SWMBO" happy (never have figured out what "SWMBO" means, but I don't
read every post here).

Bet it dries out in your neighborhood before it does here (Portland, OR)!

BB wrote:

>>I haven't even been able to look at my mountain bike because the trails are sickening mud trenches
>>right now (<1> I don't ride muddy trails, damaging them <2> I hate being muddy <3> I hate having
>>my bikes *that* muddy - so sue me, I'm a mud-wuss)
>

> Wait long enough, and you'll get over that. I did...last night. As long as you hose all that ****
> off before it dries, it comes off pretty easily. Let it DRY, and its a mess to get off (I did that
> last week).

Let it dry and then go out riding on it. It soon comes off. Of course, if you're as anal about
keeping your bikes clean as Nelson, this is probably not the best course of action :)

[...]

> Well, that's gotta make the "SWMBO" happy (never have figured out what "SWMBO" means, but I don't
> read every post here).

Well, I guess you'll look at replies to this post - She Who Must Be Obeyed.