Monster truck

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Torben Scheel, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. I'm building my second 'bent from a Challenge Focus Sport frame and a "wrong" rear fork (it should
    have been straight) To get the angles right, i put a 559 front wheel on, and now it's starting to
    look like a recumbent (a very tall recumbent, but anyway..)

    USS SWB Wheel base 104cm (40,9") Seat height 73cm (28,7") (It only works because I'm rather tall -
    195cm (6' .. errr something..))

    It should be good in the forest, but I don't think I'm gonna replicate the french guys
    anytime soon..

    Well, here it is (beware! danish!) : http://www.scheel.net/focus_sport/default.asp . Any ideas for a
    name for my baby?

    Torben

    Tags:

  2. Harv

    Harv Guest

    Torben, that's a sweet lookin' ride. I think you should call it Mary Jane, cause when you're sitting
    on it you're gonna be pretty "high".<g> "Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm building my second 'bent from a Challenge Focus Sport frame and a "wrong" rear fork (it should
    > have been straight) To get the angles right,
    > put a 559 front wheel on, and now it's starting to look like a recumbent
    (a
    > very tall recumbent, but anyway..)
    >
    > USS SWB Wheel base 104cm (40,9") Seat height 73cm (28,7") (It only works because I'm rather
    > tall - 195cm
    (6'
    > .. errr something..))
    >
    > It should be good in the forest, but I don't think I'm gonna replicate the french guys
    > anytime soon..
    >
    > Well, here it is (beware! danish!) : http://www.scheel.net/focus_sport/default.asp . Any ideas for
    > a name for
    my
    > baby?
    >
    > Torben

  3. Tony

    Tony Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:19:47 +0100, "Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Well, here it is (beware! danish!) : http://www.scheel.net/focus_sport/default.asp . Any ideas for
    >a name for my baby?

    It looks great, Torben!

    I'd call it "Stretch", 'cause that's what I'd have to do to mount the seat.

    Or, "Dame Fonteyn" - always on tiptoes. :)

    Seriously, though, I love the design. Please keep us updated on your progress.

    Regards,

    Tony

  4. "Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > It looks great, Torben!

    Thank's - I'm looking forward to applying the paint, that should make it a bit more appealing.

    > I'd call it "Stretch", 'cause that's what I'd have to do to mount the seat.

    What's the medical name for being afraid of heights? That might work..

    > Or, "Dame Fonteyn" - always on tiptoes. :)

    I don't think there's much ballet over it.. ;-)

    > Seriously, though, I love the design. Please keep us updated on your progress.

    Thank's again, I'll post pictures when I get a bit further.

    Regards, Torben

  5. Mark Leuck

    Mark Leuck Guest

    "Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm building my second 'bent from a Challenge Focus Sport frame and a "wrong" rear fork (it should
    > have been straight) To get the angles right,
    > put a 559 front wheel on, and now it's starting to look like a recumbent
    (a
    > very tall recumbent, but anyway..)
    >
    > USS SWB Wheel base 104cm (40,9") Seat height 73cm (28,7") (It only works because I'm rather
    > tall - 195cm
    (6'
    > .. errr something..))
    >
    > It should be good in the forest, but I don't think I'm gonna replicate the french guys
    > anytime soon..
    >
    > Well, here it is (beware! danish!) : http://www.scheel.net/focus_sport/default.asp . Any ideas for
    > a name for
    my
    > baby?
    >
    > Torben

    Damn thats pretty, how about calling it the Torben Special?

  6. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    Acrophobia

  7. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    "Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    >http://www.scheel.net/focus_sport/default.asp

    Good job so far, impressive. A link from your page led to this :

    >HPV Klub Danmark er en klub for mennesker, som interesserer sig for udvikling af cyklen. De mest
    >gængse ønsker er at gøre cyklen mere komfortabel, og at minimere frontarealet, således at det
    >blever mindre anstrengende at køre cyklen, derved kan man opnå højere fart. Se de internationale
    >_HPV fart rekorder_.

    As I do not read danish (?) What is a Fart Rekorder? We have people here of certain low social
    register I suppose, that "light them", but I doubt they record 'em. ??? (^;

    -- Rorschandt puzzled by humanity. <A HREF="mailto:p[email protected][127.0.0.1]"

  8. "Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Damn thats pretty, how about calling it the Torben Special?

    Somehow "pretty" doesn't correspond very well with "Torben" ;-)

    I think it looks more like "robust" or "sturdy". Can't wait to get it on the road. Unfortunately the
    boom takes only a press-in crankbox, and none of the LBS's carry that. Tomorrow I'll order one from
    www.zephyr.nl

    Regards, Torben

  9. "rorschandt" skrev...
    > Good job so far, impressive. A link from your page led to this :
    >
    > >HPV Klub Danmark er en klub for mennesker, som interesserer sig for udvikling af cyklen. De mest
    > >gængse ønsker er at gøre cyklen mere komfortabel, og at minimere frontarealet, således at det
    > >blever mindre anstrengende at køre cyklen, derved kan man opnå højere fart. Se de internationale
    > >_HPV fart rekorder_.

    Its a highly specialized piece of kit that was developed in Middelfart by the National Gas Board. Or
    maybe it means "HPV speed records". I always seem to get the two mixed up.

    M.

  10. "rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Good job so far, impressive. A link from your page led to this :

    Thank's.

    > > _HPV fart rekorder_.
    >
    > As I do not read danish (?) What is a Fart Rekorder? We have people here
    of
    > certain low social register I suppose, that "light them", but I doubt they record 'em. ??? (^;

    Everyone is eating my language.. :) I shoudn't tell you, but we have a town called middelfart. I
    guess the tourism there is rather slow..

    "Fart" is "Speed". But i could change the text to "Hastighedsrekorder"

    > -- Rorschandt puzzled by humanity. <A HREF="mailto:p[email protected][127.0.0.1]">

    I think you get not many mails on that one, no ?

    tailwinds (pun intended), Torben

  11. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    "Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > "rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >> Good job so far, impressive. A link from your page led to this :
    >
    > Thank's.
    >
    >> > _HPV fart rekorder_.
    >>
    >> As I do not read danish (?) What is a Fart Rekorder? We have people here
    > of
    >> certain low social register I suppose, that "light them", but I doubt they record 'em. ??? (^;
    >
    > Everyone is eating my language.. :) I shoudn't tell you, but we have a town called middelfart. I
    > guess the tourism there is rather slow..
    >
    > "Fart" is "Speed". But i could change the text to "Hastighedsrekorder"
    >
    >> -- Rorschandt puzzled by humanity. <A HREF="mailto:p[email protected][127.0.0.1]">
    >
    > I think you get not many mails on that one, no ?
    >
    > tailwinds (pun intended), Torben

    In the U.S.A., there is a town of Intercourse in Pennsylvania(^: AFAIK, no Middlefart though. It
    was alleged by someone more knowledgeable than I (there are many thousands if not millions in
    that group)about the WWW, that this will have spammers/spambots sending messages to their own
    network admin. Likely, now someone will tell me it is nothing and won't work at all.<sigh>
    Anyway, cool bike!

    -- rorschandt <A HREF="mailto:p[email protected][127.0.0.1]"

  12. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > Everyone is eating my language.. :) I shoudn't tell you, but we have a town called middelfart. I
    > guess the tourism there is rather slow..

    Well, it is on my itinerary. Dumb American cycle tourist that I am.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -