rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Monterey California area trails

Started by MuniSano · · Last activity · 5 posts · 212 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
15 November 2007
Last activity
15 November 2007
Original author
MuniSano
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
212
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey all, I may have the opportunity to be out in Monterey, California
    next month for a week (business) but I was thinking about dragging
    along my KH24 to do some riding (if I can find the time). Any
    suggestions on places to ride that are fairly close to town? I'm not
    familiar with the area at all so any tips would be appreciated.

    --
    MuniSano
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniSano's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13350
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65719

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. MuniSano said:

    Hey all, I may have the opportunity to be out in Monterey, California
    next month for a week (business) but I was thinking about dragging
    along my KH24 to do some riding (if I can find the time). Any
    suggestions on places to ride that are fairly close to town? I'm not
    familiar with the area at all so any tips would be appreciated.

    Monterey is a gorgeous place, you're lucky to be going there on
    business.

    I don't know the trails very well, but when I've looked into it, it
    looks like there's a lot more legal non-technical offroad (fire roads
    and easy singletrack) than real MUni trails. Check out Fort Ord.

    --
    tholub
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tholub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/804
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65719

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. Definitely check out 17 mile drive while you're there. not sure if there
    is a place for you to ride on 17 mile drive but definitely drive
    through there.

    --
    Pdougherty
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pdougherty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16060
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65719

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. Checkout the ride locations from '2007 CMU weekend'
    (http://unicycling.com/muni/2007/index.htm). Most are within 1/2 hour
    (or so) of Monterey.

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    --
    FlyByTire

    Just because you can, doesn't mean you should
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FlyByTire's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14437
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65719

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  5. i second that. come ride in santa cruz, and be sure to get ahold of me.
    we can get a group together to go riding. my dad worked in monterey
    when i grew up; it is a 45 minute drive from our old house in
    corralitos, and probably an hour drive to Santa Cruz.

    corbin
    cd at bluetreesoft dot com

    --
    corbin

    http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    corbin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7561
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65719

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.