"MONTEREY CO.: EXPERIENCED MOUNTAIN BIKER KILLED IN CRASH DURING RACE"

Mike Vandeman

Guest
Evolution in action....

Mike

http://cbs5.com/localwire/22.0.html?type=bcn&item=BICYCLIST-ACCIDENT

MONTEREY CO.: EXPERIENCED MOUNTAIN BIKER KILLED IN CRASH DURING RACE

The Monterey County coroner's office today scheduled an autopsy for an
experienced mountain biker who died after crashing during a Saturday
afternoon bike race in unincorporated Monterey County, officials said.

San Jose resident Mark Reynolds, 48, was a competition mountain biker
who was riding in the Sea Otter Classic at the Mazda Raceway Laguna
Seca, according to the Monterey County Sheriff's Office.

Reynolds was riding downhill when he apparently failed to negotiate a
small wooden bridge, sending the bike off the side of the bridge and
crashing into a dirt embankment, the sheriff's office reported.

Reynolds, suffering apparent head and neck injuries, was flown to
Natividad Medical Center where he died at about 12:30 p.m., the
sheriff's office reported. An autopsy has been scheduled today to
determine the cause of Reynolds' death, officials said.

(© 2007 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. In the interest of
timeliness, this story is fed directly from the Associated Press
newswire and may contain occasional typographical errors. )

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
>(© 2007 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

Way to redistribute copyrighted material, Mike. At least you didn't put
your name on it, I'll give you that.

-Beej

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:09:24 +0000 (UTC), Beej Jorgensen
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
>>(© 2007 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

>Way to redistribute copyrighted material, Mike. At least you didn't put
>your name on it, I'll give you that.
>
>-Beej

Someone DIED in their race, but all of the mountain bikers IGNORED it.
Tried to sweep it under the rug. Hmmm.

On Apr 22, 12:29 am, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:09:24 +0000 (UTC), Beej Jorgensen
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Mike Vandeman  <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>(© 2007 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

> >Way to redistribute copyrighted material, Mike.  At least you didn't put
> >your name on it, I'll give you that.

> >-Beej

> Someone DIED in their race, but all of the mountain bikers IGNORED it.
> Tried to sweep it under the rug. Hmmm.

A cat died because of an irresponsible owner. That irresponsible owner
treid to blame it on a motorist, hmmm.

http://www.imaja.com/change/environment/mvarticles/BobIsDead.html

I have it on good authority that the cat actually threw himself under
the wheels of the car because he was tired of his abusive "master".

Siskuwihane wrote:
> On Apr 22, 12:29 am, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:09:24 +0000 (UTC), Beej Jorgensen
>>
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Way to redistribute copyrighted material, Mike. At least you didn't put
>>> your name on it, I'll give you that.
>>> -Beej

>> Someone DIED in their race, but all of the mountain bikers IGNORED it.
>> Tried to sweep it under the rug. Hmmm.

> A cat died because of an irresponsible owner. That irresponsible owner
> treid to blame it on a motorist, hmmm.
>
> http://www.imaja.com/change/environment/mvarticles/BobIsDead.html
>
> I have it on good authority that the cat actually threw himself under
> the wheels of the car because he was tired of his abusive "master".

Yes, there are only so many lectures on the alleged evils of mountain
bikes that a feline can stand.

"Siskuwihane" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Evolution in action...

http://www.imaja.com/change/environment/mvarticles/BobIsDead.html

---------

has a ring to it?

mk5000

"the old itch to cut into the quick of things, to delve into the dark of
what was hidden - to know. The past was tied to him like a tin can to a
cat's tail, and even the smallest effort he made to advance produced a
shaming din behind him."--Silver Swan" Benjamin Black