Monterey/Napa routes

CannonChick

Jul 19, 2004
I am going on vacation next month to the Monterey bay and to the Napa area. Does anyone have any input on good road riding routes in those areas? Or actually, anywhere in the central CA/NV area?
Thanks!

CannonChick said:
I am going on vacation next month to the Monterey bay and to the Napa area. Does anyone have any input on good road riding routes in those areas? Or actually, anywhere in the central CA/NV area?
Thanks!
Are you riding from Monterey to Napa, or are you just looking for day rides in each of those areas?

skunderwood said:
Are you riding from Monterey to Napa, or are you just looking for day rides in each of those areas?
Yes, looking for day rides in those areas, more likely the Monterey area.

CannonChick said:
Yes, looking for day rides in those areas, more likely the Monterey area.
If you don't mind going a little bit further up, I can recommend a great ride between Watsonville and Santa Cruz. Freedom Boulevard is a great frontage road to Highway 1 that many cyclists use. Also in the Santa Cruz area, biking out of Santa Cruz on Old San Jose Rd. is a great ride. It's hilly, but truly beautiful. You could turn this into a day ride by riding all the way over to San Jose, and then taking the bus back over the hill (you can put bikes on the bus).