Moonlight Ride on the Withalacoochee

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Chere, Apr 14, 2003.

  1. Chere

    Chere Guest

    Bob Siegel!!! Did you attend the Moonlight Ride Saturday night? I didn't know you were signed up to
    go; I just noticed your name in Wo's list. Had I known, I would have looked you up... darn it. Maybe
    I took your photo... I took a bunch of people I didn't get a chance to meet.

    What a nice evening and it was great meeting Wo, Regis, and Rich Pinto; also met a few Internet
    folks; Mark (Shwackman) from north FL, Tom Blum, and all those very friendly "Moonlight Ride"
    regulars like Charlie & Darlene Huffman, Joe and Martha Pfeifer, Norman Carey, Bill & Linda Dudley,
    Ruth, Norm, and Dave White. Now I can put a name with a face on a few Internet friends.

    Rich Pinto was riding a tricked out Aero (go figure) and his buddy (I believe his name was Steve)
    was riding a Strada. They were waaaay ahead of everyone, then Wo passed them and of course they
    would have none of that so they upped the bar a little and left Wo in the dust. I didn't get to see
    it as I was in the back of the pack (being polite, we waited for Wo and Regis - won't do that again
    but we did pass a few, couldn't keep up with the seasoned Wo and Regis though). The Bachettas really
    showed their stuff and I suspect they had some strong (young) "engines" pedaling them too.

    A Giro is getting closer to taking up residence in my stable.

    --
    Chere ~ GRR Sanibel, FL / Cumberland, MD

    Tags:

  2. David Luecke

    David Luecke Guest

    Yep, this ride was a good time. For those of you who are curious, my bike made it back home on my
    motorcycle just as safely as it made it there. I will post a picture of how I got it on there on my
    webshots page at http://community.webshots.com/user/david_luecke for anyone who wasn't there and
    doesn't believe you can ge a Vivo on a GoldWing.

    It was great to meet more bent riders. Especially, I wanna say that Rich Pinto really is a good guy
    to talk to, and I'm glad he's in the business. And whew that Aero is fast! Also, I want to give
    proper credit to Regis Hampton, who is without a doubt the coolest bike shop owner I've ever met. If
    you're looking to buy a bike or accessories, he's a guy that deserves your business. Finally, Laurie
    Smith, thanks for working to organize the ride.

    Cheers!

    --
    David Luecke Ridin' a RANS Vivo (wahoo!) Merritt Island, Florida USA

  3. Edward Wong

    Edward Wong Guest

    > Rich Pinto was riding a tricked out Aero (go figure) and his buddy (I believe his name was Steve)
    > was riding a Strada. They were waaaay ahead of everyone, then Wo passed them and of course they
    > would have none of that so they upped the bar a little and left Wo in the dust. I didn't get to
    > see it as I was in the back of the pack (being polite, we waited for Wo and Regis - won't do that
    > again but we did pass a few, couldn't keep up with the seasoned Wo and Regis though). The
    > Bachettas really showed their stuff and I suspect they had some strong (young) "engines" pedaling
    > them too.
    >
    > A Giro is getting closer to taking up residence in my stable.

    Rich Pinto is one down to Earth guy and I enjoyed talking with him that night. I'm certain he won't
    mind me saying this but he's got a few years on me and is in great shape. Add to the fact that he is
    was riding that tricked out Aero and it was not hard to see why Wo and all the rest of us didn't
    stand a chance! It was a great ride and it will stand as the biggest turn out of recumbents that
    I've personally seen.

    The ride back to Regis's shop was a blast. Several had those "hokey spokes" on their rear wheel.
    These are LED lights on a plastic bar that you attach to your spokes. As you ride, they light up in
    different patterns...quite a sight on that dark trail. Wo's Ti Rush had a body sock and with her
    hokey spokes, headlight and rear blinkey light, it resembled a rolling Christmas decoration or a low
    flying UFO:) We rode back at a pretty brisk speed but because it was dark, I couldn't see my
    cyclometer to determine how fast we were going. Also, riding in the dark, you feel like you're going
    faster anyway.

    BTW, my friend Ted Williams ( [email protected] ) will be putting togather a CD with pictures
    from that ride. Send him an email for details. He is making it available for his cost. Tell him
    I sent 'ya.

    Edward Wong Orlando, FL

  4. M..Leuck

    M..Leuck Guest

    "David Luecke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yep, this ride was a good time. For those of you who are curious, my bike made it back home on my
    > motorcycle just as safely as it made it there. I will post a picture of how I got it on there on
    > my webshots page at http://community.webshots.com/user/david_luecke for anyone who wasn't
    there
    > and doesn't believe you can ge a Vivo on a GoldWing.

    Interesting space grip, does that mount swivel?

    > It was great to meet more bent riders. Especially, I wanna say that Rich Pinto really is a good
    > guy to talk to, and I'm glad he's in the business. And whew that Aero is fast! Also, I want to
    > give proper credit to Regis Hampton, who is without a doubt the coolest bike shop owner I've ever
    > met. If you're looking to buy a bike or accessories, he's a guy that deserves your business.
    > Finally, Laurie Smith, thanks for working to organize the ride.
    >
    > Cheers!
    >
    > --
    > David Luecke Ridin' a RANS Vivo (wahoo!) Merritt Island, Florida USA

  5. Rcpinto

    Rcpinto Guest

    > The Bachettas really showed their stuff and I suspect they had some strong (young) "engines"
    > pedaling them too.
    >
    >A Giro is getting closer to taking up residence in my stable.
    >
    >--
    >Chere ~ GRR Sanibel, FL / Cumberland, MD

    Hi Chere (and everyone else that was on the moonlite ride!) that was really great fun,
    especially Wo's body socked Ti rush light show on the return trip! Great job by Regis and WO in
    organizing the event, which drew 47 riders IIRC.

    Thanks for the "strong young engines" compliment (I'm 50) but my St. Pete ride buddies Ken and
    Bill who were on the Corsa/Strada's are 51 and 46 respectively! What amazes me about these guys
    is they just started riding bikes seriously 6-18 months ago and are really flying! They had just
    finished torturing the local 26 MPH St. Pete road group earlier in the morning, which was really
    fun for me to watch ;<) and it seems they are getting faster every ride!

    See you soon, maybe at another moonlite ride?

    Tailwinds, Rich Pinto Bacchetta Bicycles

  6. David Luecke

    David Luecke Guest

    It can be loosened and repositioned, but it is otherwise fixed in place.

    --
    David Luecke Ridin' a RANS Vivo (wahoo!) Merritt Island, Florida USA