Moped tubes/tires?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by koebwil, Mar 16, 2006.

  1. koebwil

    koebwil Guest

    I have heard you can use moped tubes for trials unis. Could you also
    throw on a moped tire and make a kickin' street uni? If not, what size
    moped tube should be used?

    --
    koebwil

    "I used to eat erasers in grade school...." James_Potter
    koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308

  2. markf

    markf Guest

    i doubt a moped tire would bouce enough. nor would it fit on a trials
    rim. the moped tube is super heavy duty and helps with folding. i
    should look into it as i'm big and fold a lot.

    --
    markf

    stuck in iowa and gainfully employed.
    markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

  3. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

    im not sure about a moped tire

    (i love mopeds)..anyways

    yesturday i was thinking about how people ramp dirtbikes 2 incredible
    hieghts and there rims dont bend and there tires dont go flat

    i was thinking that a dirt bike with added bearings would make great
    for muni or trials

    but then again i could be loony

    --
    dorfman

    my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
    my myspace
    http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
    dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

  4. dorfman wrote:
    > i was thinking that a dirt bike with added bearings would make great for
    > muni or trials

    It would be ridiculously heavy though. The 3" downhill bike tyres are
    heavy enough.

    Rob

    --
    rob.northcott

    'Dartmoor Muni Weekend'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46116) - Last
    weekend in May 2006

  5. plumsie

    plumsie Guest

    dorfman wrote:
    > yesturday i was thinking about how people ramp dirtbikes 2 incredible
    > hieghts and there rims dont bend and there tires dont go flat

    The reason a lot of dirtbikes don't bend rims or have soft tyres is
    because they have suspension.

    for a unicycle the only suspension is the tyre so I don't think that
    using a dirt bike tyre would be much use.

    Plumsie

    --
    plumsie
    plumsie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9800