moral/ethical/egotistical/testosteronical dilema

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Baronn1, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baronn1

Baronn1 Guest

Motoring along today, trying to increase my avg on a 10 mile loop that I ride after work thru
    suburbia. As I'm approaching the only left hand turn with a traffic light, the light is red. I edge
    as close as possible to the Jeep waiting ahead of me in the left turn lane, really not wanting to
    unclip. Ultimately, I must, and unclip my left foot. Of course, I topple over to my right side. An
    expletive may have escaped my lips. Now, here's the dilema. Before I could bounce back up, a very
    nice young woman riding in the back of the jeep sprang out (nearly on top of me), and bent down to
    give me a hand up. Did I mention the halter top? Any way, I was torn between being embarrased, and
    trying to leap up, or listening to the little voice that said "Stay down, she'll stay bent over
    you...". I sprung up onto my feet. She said, "Cool bike", and I replied "It's a lot cooler when I'm
    not lying next to it in traffic!" She got a good laugh out of that.

So, the MEET dilema is "Should I have sprung up, or stayed down?"

Tags:

2. Carol Cohen

Carol Cohen Guest

> From: "baronn1" <[email protected]> Organization: Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com
    > Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:50:46 -0400 Subject:
    > moral/ethical/egotistical/testosteronical dilema
    >
    > Motoring along today, trying to increase my avg on a 10 mile loop that I ride after work thru
    > suburbia. As I'm approaching the only left hand turn with a traffic light, the light is red. I
    > edge as close as possible to the Jeep waiting ahead of me in the left turn lane, really not
    > wanting to unclip. Ultimately, I must, and unclip my left foot. Of course, I topple over to my
    > right side. An expletive may have escaped my lips. Now, here's the dilema. Before I could bounce
    > back up, a very nice young woman riding in the back of the jeep sprang out (nearly on top of me),
    > and bent down to give me a hand up. Did I mention the halter top? Any way, I was torn between
    > being embarrased, and trying to leap up, or listening to the little voice that said "Stay down,
    > she'll stay bent over you...". I sprung up onto my feet. She said, "Cool bike", and I replied
    > "It's a lot cooler when I'm not lying next to it in traffic!" She got a good laugh out of that.
    >
    > So, the MEET dilema is "Should I have sprung up, or stayed down?"
    >
    >
    I wouldn't touch that line with a 10-foot ----

C.C.

3. John Foltz

John Foltz Guest

baronn1 wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    Rather than worry about the MEET dilemma, maybe you should have asked her if she was a cyclist.

--

John Foltz --- O _ Baron --- _O _ V-Rex 24 --- _\\/\-%)
    _________(_)`=()___________________(_)= (_)_____

4. Bri

Bri Guest

You probably did the correct thing by getting up, at least she doesn't think you are a complete clod
    :) Did you ask if she wanted a ride?

baronn1 wrote:
    >
    > Motoring along today, trying to increase my avg on a 10 mile loop that I ride after work thru
    > suburbia. As I'm approaching the only left hand turn with a traffic light, the light is red. I
    > edge as close as possible to the Jeep waiting ahead of me in the left turn lane, really not
    > wanting to unclip. Ultimately, I must, and unclip my left foot. Of course, I topple over to my
    > right side. An expletive may have escaped my lips. Now, here's the dilema. Before I could bounce
    > back up, a very nice young woman riding in the back of the jeep sprang out (nearly on top of me),
    > and bent down to give me a hand up. Did I mention the halter top? Any way, I was torn between
    > being embarrased, and trying to leap up, or listening to the little voice that said "Stay down,
    > she'll stay bent over you...". I sprung up onto my feet. She said, "Cool bike", and I replied
    > "It's a lot cooler when I'm not lying next to it in traffic!" She got a good laugh out of that.
    >

5. You are lucky man that womans bend down to you. Why don't you ask the girl for a dinner? If you
    should look there you should want to see things later, no?

> bent down to give me a hand up. Did I mention the halter top? Any way, I was torn between being
    > embarrased, and trying to leap up, or listening to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.