more anything under wetsuit??

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Joel Markovitz, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Or, why not wetsuits designed to look like a tux. Actually, i've been looking at wetsuits and
    they're all boring. All black, maybe with blue along the middle or a big logo. Why not a tux? Why
    not a pink frilly two-two, or perhaps cowboy boots, or both.

now we're getting somewhere...

Cam Wilson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Roger Wrolstad) wrote:
    >
    > > [email protected] (Joel Markovitz) wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Hi Group,
    > > >
    > > > I'm training for my first triathlon here in Chicago. Lake Michigan never really warms up to a
    > > > comfortable level (IMO, I'm sure others will disagree) and have decided that I will most
    > > > likely need to get a wetsuit. I'm going to be doing my first open water training at the end of
    > > > the month and the water temp is currently in the 50's. Any place I can find used/cheap
    > > > trisuits?? Also, and this is going to sound really dumb....what does one wear underneath the
    > > > wetsuit...a speedo??? a jammer?? i've heard that shaving my legs will help getting in and out
    > > > much easier. IS this really neccessary or will ample amounts of Body Glide work just as well.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks!!
    > > >
    > > > Joel
    > >
    > > Anything from a tux (007) to a thong would probably work--just remember you'll probably want to
    > > do the rest of the race in the outfit. A racing wetsuit peels off; most people have little
    > > difficulty getting out of the suit fast (practice it a few times). Body Glide or the old standby
    > > PAM work equally well. Good luck and have fun.
    >
    >
    > Ha! great reference to James Bond there. actually, it would be great fun to do that for a lark in
    > a race... wear a tux under the wetsuit - finish the swim then watch the looks on people's faces as
    > you unzip.
    >
    > of course the tux should be tear-away (velcro in the back?) with your tri suit underneath, then
    > you're ready to go.
    >
    > Cam

Tags:

2. Wim Colgate

Wim Colgate Guest

You're in marketing, right?

:)

Wim

"Joel Markovitz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Or, why not wetsuits designed to look like a tux. Actually, i've been looking at wetsuits and
    > they're all boring. All black, maybe with blue along the middle or a big logo. Why not a tux? Why
    > not a pink frilly two-two, or perhaps cowboy boots, or both.
    >
    > now we're getting somewhere...
    >
    > Cam Wilson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Roger Wrolstad)
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > [email protected] (Joel Markovitz) wrote in message
    > > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > > Hi Group,
    > > > >
    > > > > I'm training for my first triathlon here in Chicago. Lake Michigan never really warms up to
    > > > > a comfortable level (IMO, I'm sure others will disagree) and have decided that I will most
    > > > > likely need to get
    a
    > > > > wetsuit. I'm going to be doing my first open water training at the end of the month and the
    > > > > water temp is currently in the 50's. Any place I can find used/cheap trisuits?? Also, and
    > > > > this is going to sound really dumb....what does one wear underneath the wetsuit...a
    > > > > speedo??? a jammer?? i've heard that shaving my legs will help getting in and out much
    > > > > easier. IS this really neccessary or will ample amounts of Body Glide work just as well.
    > > > >
    > > > > Thanks!!
    > > > >
    > > > > Joel
    > > >
    > > > Anything from a tux (007) to a thong would probably work--just remember you'll probably want
    > > > to do the rest of the race in the outfit. A racing wetsuit peels off; most people have little
    > > > difficulty getting out of the suit fast (practice it a few times). Body Glide or the old
    > > > standby PAM work equally well. Good luck and have fun.
    > >
    > >
    > > Ha! great reference to James Bond there. actually, it would be great fun to do that for a lark
    > > in a race... wear a tux under the wetsuit - finish the swim then watch the looks on people's
    > > faces as you unzip.
    > >
    > > of course the tux should be tear-away (velcro in the back?) with your tri suit underneath, then
    > > you're ready to go.
    > >
    > > Cam

3. Cathy Morgan

Cathy Morgan Guest

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Joel
    Markovitz) wrote:

> Or, why not wetsuits designed to look like a tux. Actually, i've been looking at wetsuits and
    > they're all boring. All black, maybe with blue along the middle or a big logo. Why not a tux? Why
    > not a pink frilly two-two, or perhaps cowboy boots, or both.

Then you haven't looked hard enough. DeSoto has a silver suit.

clm in sf

--
    [email protected] cathy morgan, san francisco, ca REMOVE x x to email