more anything under wetsuit??

J

Joel Markovitz

Or, why not wetsuits designed to look like a tux. Actually, i've been looking at wetsuits and
they're all boring. All black, maybe with blue along the middle or a big logo. Why not a tux? Why
not a pink frilly two-two, or perhaps cowboy boots, or both.

now we're getting somewhere...

Cam Wilson <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Roger Wrolstad) wrote:
>
> > [email protected] (Joel Markovitz) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Hi Group,
> > >
> > > I'm training for my first triathlon here in Chicago. Lake Michigan never really warms up to a
> > > comfortable level (IMO, I'm sure others will disagree) and have decided that I will most
> > > likely need to get a wetsuit. I'm going to be doing my first open water training at the end of
> > > the month and the water temp is currently in the 50's. Any place I can find used/cheap
> > > trisuits?? Also, and this is going to sound really dumb....what does one wear underneath the
> > > wetsuit...a speedo??? a jammer?? i've heard that shaving my legs will help getting in and out
> > > much easier. IS this really neccessary or will ample amounts of Body Glide work just as well.
> > >
> > > Thanks!!
> > >
> > > Joel
> >
> > Anything from a tux (007) to a thong would probably work--just remember you'll probably want to
> > do the rest of the race in the outfit. A racing wetsuit peels off; most people have little
> > difficulty getting out of the suit fast (practice it a few times). Body Glide or the old standby
> > PAM work equally well. Good luck and have fun.
>
>
> Ha! great reference to James Bond there. actually, it would be great fun to do that for a lark in
> a race... wear a tux under the wetsuit - finish the swim then watch the looks on people's faces as
> you unzip.
>
> of course the tux should be tear-away (velcro in the back?) with your tri suit underneath, then
> you're ready to go.
>
> Cam

You're in marketing, right?

:)

Wim

"Joel Markovitz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Or, why not wetsuits designed to look like a tux. Actually, i've been looking at wetsuits and
> they're all boring. All black, maybe with blue along the middle or a big logo. Why not a tux? Why
> not a pink frilly two-two, or perhaps cowboy boots, or both.
>
> now we're getting somewhere...
>
> Cam Wilson <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Roger Wrolstad)
> > wrote:
> >
> > > [email protected] (Joel Markovitz) wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > > Hi Group,
> > > >
> > > > I'm training for my first triathlon here in Chicago. Lake Michigan never really warms up to
> > > > a comfortable level (IMO, I'm sure others will disagree) and have decided that I will most
> > > > likely need to get
a
> > > > wetsuit. I'm going to be doing my first open water training at the end of the month and the
> > > > water temp is currently in the 50's. Any place I can find used/cheap trisuits?? Also, and
> > > > this is going to sound really dumb....what does one wear underneath the wetsuit...a
> > > > speedo??? a jammer?? i've heard that shaving my legs will help getting in and out much
> > > > easier. IS this really neccessary or will ample amounts of Body Glide work just as well.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks!!
> > > >
> > > > Joel
> > >
> > > Anything from a tux (007) to a thong would probably work--just remember you'll probably want
> > > to do the rest of the race in the outfit. A racing wetsuit peels off; most people have little
> > > difficulty getting out of the suit fast (practice it a few times). Body Glide or the old
> > > standby PAM work equally well. Good luck and have fun.
> >
> >
> > Ha! great reference to James Bond there. actually, it would be great fun to do that for a lark
> > in a race... wear a tux under the wetsuit - finish the swim then watch the looks on people's
> > faces as you unzip.
> >
> > of course the tux should be tear-away (velcro in the back?) with your tri suit underneath, then
> > you're ready to go.
> >
> > Cam

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Joel
Markovitz) wrote:

> Or, why not wetsuits designed to look like a tux. Actually, i've been looking at wetsuits and
> they're all boring. All black, maybe with blue along the middle or a big logo. Why not a tux? Why
> not a pink frilly two-two, or perhaps cowboy boots, or both.

Then you haven't looked hard enough. DeSoto has a silver suit.

clm in sf

--
[email protected] cathy morgan, san francisco, ca REMOVE x x to email