More bad news for Franky

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:45:30 +0200, Donald Munro <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Dan Gregory wrote:
>
>> http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20070629_115833Dev.html
>> He has been committed to a mental hospital

>Do they allow indoor trainers in mental hospitals ? Doing 5 hours on an
>indoor trainer would surely be of therapeutic value for patients.

It'll at least make them willing to compose themselves and do whatever it takes
to get out of there.

Ron

RonSonic wrote:
> It'll at least make them willing to compose themselves and do whatever it takes
> to get out of there.

Now why didn't Paris's favourite LA judge think of that.

In article <[email protected]>,
Dan Gregory <[email protected]> wrote:

> http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20070629_115833Dev.html
> He has been committed to a mental hospital

This news could be good or bad, depending on many circumstances. It could be bad,
as it indicates his situation has deteriorated enough to warrant close supervision.
Or it could be good, in that he's (or the people he's been working with) recognized
that the things he's been doing previously haven't been successful and that he needs
to do a different program. I really hope that VdB gets things sorted out a lot better
than they have been.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article <[email protected]>,
Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
> > On Jun 29, 1:26 pm, Dan Gregory
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20070629_115833Dev.html
> >> He has been committed to a mental hospital

> > Ugh. Still, maybe it's not bad news, maybe it's good news. Best wishes
> > that he gets the help he needs.

> Exactly. It's not apparent that his self-treatment regimen was working well.

From what I recall, he has been working with a therapist, but there's no way we
can know what the situation was with them. It could have been an occasional visit or
very regular.

--

On Jun 30, 12:14 am, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Dan Gregory <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20070629_115833Dev.html
> > He has been committed to a mental hospital

> This news could be good or bad, depending on many circumstances. It could be bad,
> as it indicates his situation has deteriorated enough to warrant close supervision.
> Or it could be good, in that he's (or the people he's been working with) recognized
> that the things he's been doing previously haven't been successful and that he needs
> to do a different program. I really hope that VdB gets things sorted out a lot better
> than they have been.
>
> --
> tanx,
> Howard
>
> Never take a tenant with a monkey.
>
> remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Agreed Howard
If he'd had a little more success I can just imagine what the anti-
doping fringe here would be screaming. "The ***** should die!!";
probably. I use the reaction to Pantani to form that opinion. It's
pretty obvious that they both needed help and were ill, at least VDB
has been getting some treatment and, as you say, maybe this is a good
step.
Bill C