More bents on eBay

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Brooke, Jul 13, 2004.

  1. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    Make unstated, SWB USS with hard-shell seat, does not appear to have
    suspension:
    <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3688313625>

    Ross Crystal, SWB OSS:
    <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3688267851>

    M5 Cmpct Folding, CLWB OSS:
    <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3687988213>

    I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those
    who are now possible remain possible -- Michael Bakunin

    Tags:

  2. Simon Brooke wrote:
    >Make unstated, SWB USS with hard-shell seat, does not appear to have
    >suspension:
    ><URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3688313625>

    Appears to be one of these:
    http://www.recumbent.com.tw/HTM/pb-168.htm

  3. garryb59

    garryb59 Guest

    On 13 Jul 2004 14:02:37 +0100 (BST), [email protected] (Alan
    Braggins) wrote:

    >Simon Brooke wrote:
    >>Make unstated, SWB USS with hard-shell seat, does not appear to have
    >>suspension:
    >><URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3688313625>

    >Appears to be one of these:
    >http://www.recumbent.com.tw/HTM/pb-168.htm

    and very similar to one of these:

    http://www.actionbent.com/JSUS.html

    all of which [I'm pretty sure] are made at the same Taiwanesse
    factory.

    Actionbent are the US importers of these bikes, based in Washington,
    and if you believe the reports [of which there are many] they are
    excellent value, offering a really good 'entry level' recumbent. For
    example, the Jet Stream translates into about 400 notes for a new one.
    I'm not sure if there is a UK importer though.

    I notice that the seller mentioned the figure of "£1000" as an
    approximate valuation. Not sure I'd take that too seriously.

    But one slight 'problem area' with these bikes is the turning curve of
    the USS system, and many owners of the Jet Stream seem to replace the
    bars with a specific Dutch bar that gives an improved turning radius.

    Anyway, FWIW, just my 2p.

    Garry

  4. On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:35:20 +0100, garryb59
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    <[email protected]>:

    >I notice that the seller mentioned the figure of "£1000" as an
    >approximate valuation. Not sure I'd take that too seriously.

    $595 plus shipping plus tax plus duty - probably still under £600.

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk