More bikes than cars sold in US in last 12 months

Some will stick with riding because they'll like it or they'll notice a change in their health. Others will just want to save fuel money and not stick with the bike.

Those not in shape with be the same way. Some with stay with riding. Others will buy the bike, ride a few times and decide that fuel prices are not that high. So the bike will either rust in the garage or someone will get a deal on a slightly used, possibly bent, bicycle.

But gas or gut, whatever the reason, the more people cycling the better.

I Agree #3, anything that gets people on bikes is a good thing

If you are in a club and a new rider shows up, make them feel welcome! I know its obvious but some don't. I have been cycling for about 20 years now and moved about 5 years ago. There were 3 local clubs (there are 2 now, you'll see why) and I wanted to join one. I rocked up at the Sunday meeting point for the first who, to all intents and purposes, may as well have told me to F*** off. The other two were great, showing me routes, introducing me to people, telling me the best cafes etc.

How did I choose between the good two? Easy! I joined the one with the best looking girls!

MountainPro said:
its a pity this was driven by financial reasons and not people who are concerned about thier health...
who the hell cares?

i first got a bike for financial reasons and am now an avid cyclist. is that a problem?

MountainPro said:
its a pity this was driven by financial reasons and not people who are concerned about thier health...

Hey... At least it happened! That's unheard of here in the USA. I hope it keeps up.

badhat said:
who the hell cares?

i first got a bike for financial reasons and am now an avid cyclist. is that a problem?
dont get so worked up and defensive, it was just an obersvation...

like cycling is always a last resort.

Stop it or Al Gore will shut off the internet.

I want the US to be like a with bike paths like Holland, train system like Japan, cars like in Germany, bikes like in Italy, food like in Argentina, champagne like in France, wiskey like in Scotland, sheep like in Wales, beer like in Ireland, beaches like in Thailand ... .and the list goes on and on.

huhenio said:
Stop it or Al Gore will shut off the internet.

I want the US to be like a with bike paths like Holland, train system like Japan, cars like in Germany, bikes like in Italy, food like in Argentina, champagne like in France, wiskey like in Scotland, sheep like in Wales, beer like in Ireland, beaches like in Thailand ... .and the list goes on and on.
There's a saying(or joke) that goes...In Heaven, the cooks will be French, the police British and the carmakers Germans. In Hell, the police will be Germans, the carmakers French and the cooks British!!:eek:

That's not really news at all. Just go to http://worldometers.info/, scroll down the page and compare the number of bicycles produced so far this year, with the number of cars. Something like 85 million bikes to 28 million cars, the last time I looked.

Induray said:
There's a saying(or joke) that goes...In Heaven, the cooks will be French, the police British and the carmakers Germans. In Hell, the police will be Germans, the carmakers French and the cooks British!!:eek:
Lord, please let there be no cars in heaven...