More City Park

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Anthony Sloan, May 16, 2003.

  1. Dick

    Dick Guest

  2. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Anthony Sloan wrote:
    > Dick wrote:
    >
    >> Anthony Sloan wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://home.grandecom.net/~dburatti/ted_faceplant.mov
    >>>
    >> Wow, it looks like your riding buddies provide a lot of entertainment!
    >
    > Never a dull moment.

    mmm, starting to feel better about my riding as I watch these...

    penny

  3. Penny S. wrote:

    >Anthony Sloan wrote:
    >

    >>Dick wrote:

    >>>Wow, it looks like your riding buddies provide a lot of entertainment!
    >>>

    >>Never a dull moment.

    >mmm, starting to feel better about my riding as I watch these...
    >
    >penny

    It should be pointed out that these videos come from the clinic series that I run out at City Park.
    A lot of these poeple are relatively new riders.

    We all had to learn somewhere. And I sure did benefit from latching on to the wheel of some
    better riders.

  4. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Anthony Sloan wrote:
    > Penny S. wrote:
    >
    >> Anthony Sloan wrote:

    >>> Never a dull moment.

    >> mmm, starting to feel better about my riding as I watch these...
    >>
    >> penny
    >>

    > It should be pointed out that these videos come from the clinic series that I run out at City
    > Park. A lot of these poeple are relatively new riders.
    >
    > We all had to learn somewhere. And I sure did benefit from latching on to the wheel of some
    > better riders.

    Anthony, you are preaching to a rider who was practicing "target acquisition" on the trees
    yesterday. For some reason, I kept looking at them instead of the trail, fortunately I was riding
    slow at the (numerous) times...

    you might want to give those guys armor, that last one looked rather painful.

    Penny

  5. Penny S. wrote:

    >Anthony, you are preaching to a rider who was practicing "target acquisition" on the trees
    >yesterday. For some reason, I kept looking at them instead of the trail, fortunately I was riding
    >slow at the (numerous) times...

    Hehe. We have a problem with trees jumping into trails around here. Even if you ignore them,
    they'll gitcha!

  6. Dan Langille

    Dan Langille Guest

  7. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Fri, 16 May 2003 11:29:01 -0500, Anthony Sloan wrote:

    > It should be pointed out that these videos come from the clinic series that I run out at City
    > Park. A lot of these poeple are relatively new riders.

    I imagine a lot of my first rides looked like that too! I came home bloody almost every ride! Of
    course, with the rocks strewn all over Texas, that wasn't a difficult thing to accomplish.

  8. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    "Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Penny S. wrote:
    >
    > >Anthony, you are preaching to a rider who was practicing "target acquisition" on the trees
    > >yesterday. For some reason, I kept looking at them instead of the trail, fortunately I was riding
    > >slow at the
    (numerous)
    > >times...
    > >

    > Hehe. We have a problem with trees jumping into trails around here. Even if you ignore them,
    > they'll gitcha!

    Yesterday I clipped a tree about 1.5 inches in diameter. Luckily it was a dead one and it just broke
    at the base. Whew! It could've richocheted back at me...

    --
    - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)