More Coast problems.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tritonrider, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    Tags:

  2. Hb

    Hb Guest

    "TritonRider" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/jan03/jan20news Lead story. I can not believe that Jan
    > signed on to this disaster.
    >
    > Bill C.

    It's exactly the same problem the two Danish riders are facing. It's a shame the all the riders
    didn't join forces before UCI approved Coast.

    I belive Jan signed, because he couldn't see clearly because of all the $$-signs. It's a shame that
    one of the greatest talents in our sport puts cash over results.

    HB

  3. Hb

    Hb Guest

    "Canuck" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...

    > "HB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > In your career, do you take the job that offers more money or the one
    where
    > you get more results?

    I take the job with the cash, but I don't take the job where 80% of the staff are complaining they
    never get paid. But then again, I'm not a pro-rider.

    > Cycling is a job to Ullrich. He's not passionate about it like some fans
    of
    > cycling are, therefore money talks.

    My point exactly. And that's what I find sad, because I think he is the only rider able to beat
    Lance, and with his entire backing group at hand from his Telekom days, he will never stand a
    chance. Sad...

    HB

  4. Crystal

    Crystal Guest

    Did any of you dingdongs actually read the full article? Didn't think so...

    It all has to do with how coast retains TAXES and not their salaries. The coast contracts CLEARLY
    stated that 16% would be held as each rider is consided "self employed". What wasn't clear is that
    the spanish gouvernment also took their share of taxes even though coast with held the 16%. Here is
    where the problems started....

    Jan need not be worried... since hes is GERMAN after all... and so is Coast...

    Crystal

  5. "Crystal" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > It all has to do with how coast retains TAXES and not their salaries. The coast contracts CLEARLY
    > stated that 16% would be held as each rider is consided "self employed". What wasn't clear is that
    > the spanish
    gouvernment
    > also took their share of taxes even though coast with held the 16%.

    At least that is what Team Coast states...

    And also... the two danish riders also misses their pays - and Gianetti is Swiss... so apparently
    not only spanish riders have problems with salaries.

    So, perhaps Jan should worry anyway.

    - Mikkel
    --
    Mikkel Gybel Jensen, Stud. scient biokemi http://www.cmrc.dk ; http://www.pcarlp.dk