More Colorado cry babies.........

Mtbscottie

Guest
From MB Action October 2003 edition.......A letter in the Trailgrams from Keith Rossow from
Durango Colorado

IF YOU DON'T LIVE HERE

I reside in Durango, Colorado, and our trails are starting to look like LA freeways. I read Durango
made your top ten places to live (MBA May 2003). Great, just what we need! We can't "escape" the
mobs of people here inundating our trails. Sometimes I wonder if I should just sell my Intense
Tracer and use the money for a shrink. I had to write to you folks because my family thinks I'm
going crazy.

Kieth Rossow Durango Colorado
Boo hoo! Unless that land is posted no tresspassing or no bikes allowed, TOUGH! Those trails are for
everyone to enjoy!

"MTBScottie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> From MB Action October 2003 edition.......A letter in the Trailgrams from
Keith
> Rossow from Durango Colorado
>
> IF YOU DON'T LIVE HERE
>
> I reside in Durango, Colorado, and our trails are starting to look like LA freeways. I read
> Durango made your top ten places to live (MBA May 2003). Great, just what we need! We can't
> "escape" the mobs of people here
inundating
> our trails. Sometimes I wonder if I should just sell my Intense Tracer
and use
> the money for a shrink. I had to write to you folks because my family
thinks
> I'm going crazy.
>
> Kieth Rossow Durango Colorado
> Boo hoo! Unless that land is posted no tresspassing or no bikes allowed, TOUGH! Those trails are
> for everyone to enjoy!

So there aren't any little-used trails near you that you'd like to keep that way? Just because
something isn't public doesn't always mean it should be publicized. Especially for the readers of
ridiculous magazines.

Chris

"ctg" <n/a@n/a.com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> So there aren't any little-used trails near you that you'd like to keep
that
> way? Just because something isn't public doesn't always mean it should be publicized. Especially
> for the readers of ridiculous magazines.
>
> Chris

That should say IS public.

MTBScottie wrote:
> From MB Action October 2003 edition.......A letter in the Trailgrams from Keith Rossow from
> Durango Colorado
>
> IF YOU DON'T LIVE HERE
>
> I reside in Durango, Colorado, and our trails are starting to look like LA freeways. I read
> Durango made your top ten places to live (MBA May 2003). Great, just what we need! We can't
> "escape" the mobs of people here inundating our trails. Sometimes I wonder if I should just sell
> my Intense Tracer and use the money for a shrink. I had to write to you folks because my family
> thinks I'm going crazy.
>
> Kieth Rossow Durango Colorado
> Boo hoo! Unless that land is posted no tresspassing or no bikes allowed, TOUGH! Those trails are
> for everyone to enjoy!

Whatever! Riding solo again this morning, bet I don't see another biker (again), guess I'll have to
wipe away my own tears.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

"Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:5uG5b.1048 <snip>

> Whatever! Riding solo again this morning, bet I don't see another biker (again), guess I'll have
> to wipe away my own tears.

I'm getting all choked up just reading that!

Matt

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:5uG5b.1048 <snip>
> >
> > Whatever! Riding solo again this morning, bet I don't see another biker (again), guess I'll have
> > to wipe away my own tears.
> >

> I'm getting all choked up just reading that!
>
> Matt

You two are too damn far from the interstate highway system. I think I'll go ride something empty
this morning too.

JD

"ctg" <n/a@n/a.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> So there aren't any little-used trails near you that you'd like to keep that way? Just because
> something is public doesn't always mean it should be publicized. Especially for the readers of
> ridiculous magazines.

You must consider the source here Chris. This thread was started by a reader of ridiculous
magazines. Besides, sidewalks are far from "little-used", so turdsmokerski will always have a crowd
to contend with when he's "mountain biking".

JD

On 4 Sep 2003 09:50:06 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

>"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> "Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:5uG5b.1048 <snip>
>> >
>> > Whatever! Riding solo again this morning, bet I don't see another biker (again), guess I'll
>> > have to wipe away my own tears.
>> >

>> I'm getting all choked up just reading that!
>>
>> Matt
>
>You two are too damn far from the interstate highway system. I think I'll go ride something empty
>this morning too.
>
>JD

So did I, and coincidentally it was far away from the highway system...I see a pattern here...

>Subject: Re: More Colorado cry babies......... From: "ctg" n/a@n/a.com Date: 9/3/2003 11:06 PM
>Eastern Daylight Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>

>"MTBScottie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> From MB Action October 2003 edition.......A letter in the Trailgrams from
>Keith
>> Rossow from Durango Colorado
>>
>> IF YOU DON'T LIVE HERE
>>
>> I reside in Durango, Colorado, and our trails are starting to look like LA freeways. I read
>> Durango made your top ten places to live (MBA May 2003). Great, just what we need! We can't
>> "escape" the mobs of people here
>inundating
>> our trails. Sometimes I wonder if I should just sell my Intense Tracer
>and use
>> the money for a shrink. I had to write to you folks because my family
>thinks
>> I'm going crazy.
>>
>> Kieth Rossow Durango Colorado
>> Boo hoo! Unless that land is posted no tresspassing or no bikes allowed, TOUGH! Those trails are
>> for everyone to enjoy!
>
>So there aren't any little-used trails near you that you'd like to keep that way? Just because
>something isn't public doesn't always mean it should be publicized. Especially for the readers of
>ridiculous magazines.
>
>Chris

Unfortunatley, there are few areas to ride in NW PA to begin with, let alone areas that are little
known to others. Why hide them, people are going to find them anyway?

As a matter of fact, there is a bike shop near me that has cut a total of 15 miles of single track
at a local reservoir. I heard stories about this and decided to call the shop. The owner was very
reluctant to tell me anything about it. The point is, sooner or later someone is going to find out
about them. If the shop owner wouldn't have given me such an attitude about it, I may not have done
this, but, after finding the trails on my own, I came home and promptly posted them to
MTBreview.com.

JD wrote:

> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>"Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:5uG5b.1048 <snip>
>>
>>>Whatever! Riding solo again this morning, bet I don't see another biker (again), guess I'll have
>>>to wipe away my own tears.
>>>

>>I'm getting all choked up just reading that!
>>
>>Matt
>

> You two are too damn far from the interstate highway system. I think I'll go ride something empty
> this morning too.
>
> JD

Well, I must admit, I did see 7 others on todays short ride, but they were all in the first
1/2 a mile. 2 groups of 2, 3 other singles. Many more than usual, but this particular
trailhead is in town.

I'm not sure what Mr. Rossow, the claimed original author and reported "cry baby" is upset about, in
over 40 miles of my last 3 rides (2 town rides, one alpine) I crossed paths with 10 other riders,
(and 7 of those were today) during the busy Labor Day weekend. I did a quick check for the Rossow
name on Trails 2000 web site (our local trail group), he or his family is not listed. It may be that
he is still a member, I can't be sure, but if not, well you make the call.

It is all relative, but for my money, the trails here in Durango are in great shape, close,
abundant, and uncrowded almost all the time. You want crowded, try the front range.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:5uG5b.1048 <snip>
> > >
> > > Whatever! Riding solo again this morning, bet I don't see another biker (again), guess I'll
> > > have to wipe away my own tears.
> > >

> > I'm getting all choked up just reading that!
> >
> > Matt
>
> You two are too damn far from the interstate highway system. I think I'll go ride something empty
> this morning too.

Sounds like your riding is all in your mind.

"Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> JD wrote:
>
> > "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> >>I'm getting all choked up just reading that!
> >>
> >>Matt
> >

> > You two are too damn far from the interstate highway system. I think I'll go ride something
> > empty this morning too.
> >
> > JD
>
> Well, I must admit, I did see 7 others on todays short ride, but they were all in the first 1/2
> a mile. 2 groups of 2, 3 other singles. Many more than usual, but this particular trailhead is
> in town.
>
> I'm not sure what Mr. Rossow, the claimed original author and reported "cry baby" is upset about,
> in over 40 miles of my last 3 rides (2 town rides, one alpine) I crossed paths with 10 other
> riders, (and 7 of those were today) during the busy Labor Day weekend. I did a quick check for the
> Rossow name on Trails 2000 web site (our local trail group), he or his family is not listed. It
> may be that he is still a member, I can't be sure, but if not, well you make the call.
>
> It is all relative, but for my money, the trails here in Durango are in great shape, close,
> abundant, and uncrowded almost all the time.

Not to mention some of the best singletrack in the state is to be had down that way.

TJ