more comfort needed?

Dawnrider

Nov 27, 2003
Darlington UK
larryhshone.wix.com
I have a bog standard mountain bike(A Timberline GT) that is used for all sorts as well as riding to work, when i have a job. i am interested in getting suspension forks fitted. Would this be possible on this bike?

How old is the bike?

IIRC the standard steerer tube diameter for mountain bikes changed a little while back, if your bike was before this change, it'll be quite difficult to find a fork to suit. If you're unsure of specifics, it's probably the best thing to do is to go to your local bike store and ask them what they think..

can be done for sure. you need a fork with the right size steerer tube for your bike. chances are that's the older 1" standard (since changed to 1 1/8" and even now 1 1/2" for certain freeride applications), which will narrow your fork choice drastically. i believe the rockshox judy tt still comes in a 1" version. you will need this, a threadless headset (cane creek c-2 is a good cheap option), and a stem. lbs should be able to set you up with all equipment and do all the work.