More Computers/ HRM

Peter Rollason

Guest
As saddlesore seem destined to never return my computer I better look for a new one - a few
questions if anyone has any info:-

The average speed on my first ever compter was **** - as didn't auto start and stop - on my sigma
this was much better - do all new computers now do this or do some still use the **** average
calculation.

The topeak panoram looks good - what I want to know is would it go on the bars along side a HRM.

Combined computers and HRM seem to start at about £ 60 - as my current HRM doesn't do average HR -
this would be of use - anyone use these ?

[email protected]

I have this one from SuperGo - it doesn't have average HR, but it works, and its dirt cheap.

http://www.supergo.com/itemdisplay.asp?parentid=15332&secid=24&subid=1512

Kyle

news:[email protected]...

In article <[email protected]>, "KBH" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Peter Rollason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > As saddlesore seem destined to never return my computer I better look for
> > new one - a few questions if anyone has any info:-
> >
> > The average speed on my first ever compter was **** - as didn't auto start and stop - on my
> > sigma this was much better - do all new computers now do this or do some still use the ****
> > average calculation.
> >

> > The topeak panoram looks good - what I want to know is would it go on the bars along side a HRM.
> >

> > Combined computers and HRM seem to start at about £ 60 - as my current HRM doesn't do average HR
> > - this would be of use - anyone use these ?
> >
> > [email protected]

> I have this one from SuperGo - it doesn't have average HR, but it works, and its dirt cheap.
>
> http://www.supergo.com/itemdisplay.asp?parentid=15332&secid=24&subid=1512
>
> Kyle

That Supergo looks like a smoking deal. I have a Cateye CC-HB100, which is their HRM/computer. It
has average HR and the usual array of cyclocomputer functions.

What I don't like about the Cateye is that it doesn't retain max HR numbers (which would be more
useful than the average HR number it does retain), and it doesn't have dual wheel size memories, so
switching it from one bicycle to the other is slightly more annoying that it needs to be. On the
other hand, the mounts and wiring are fairly readily available, so moving it from one bike to
another is easy.

The Cateye does either auto or manual start/stop: it's your choice. Manual is useful because it
gives you effective pace on long rides with rest stops. Auto is useful because it tells you what
you're actually doing when not stopped at a stoplight.

My rando friend dislikes Cateyes for their single odometer and more importantly, because they can
only hold 12 hours on their stopwatch function. You have to be a pretty serious randonneur for that
to matter.

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:51:39 -0000, "Peter Rollason" <[email protected]> wrote:

>As saddlesore seem destined to never return my computer I better look for a new one - a few
>questions if anyone has any info:-
>
>The average speed on my first ever compter was **** - as didn't auto start and stop - on my sigma
>this was much better - do all new computers now do this or do some still use the **** average
>calculation.
>

>The topeak panoram looks good - what I want to know is would it go on the bars along side a HRM.
>

>Combined computers and HRM seem to start at about £ 60 - as my current HRM doesn't do average HR -
>this would be of use - anyone use these ?
>
>[email protected]

Take a look at the Vetta WIRED HRM /Cyclomter on sale at Perfromance for $69. I have had great
success with it over the past 5K miles.

I tried and sent back the wireless version. Of course the HRM is wireless.

cya Bob Denton Gulf Stream International Delray Beach, Florida www.sinkthestink.com Manufacturers of
Sink the Stink

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:19:20 GMT, "KBH" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I have this one from SuperGo - it doesn't have average HR, but it works, and its dirt cheap.
>
>http://www.supergo.com/itemdisplay.asp?parentid=15332&secid=24&subid=1512

Here's another endorsement for the SuperGo model. Coincidentally I just installed another of these
on my touring bike yesterday. That makes five bikes with this model (if you count the Vetta HR1000s)
installed, and one of the Vettas is now on its thirteenth season.

With temperatures looking like going into the mid-40s here in the Chigaco area today, I'm planning
on putting the new SuperGo to use in and hour or so.

Bob Denton wrote:

> Take a look at the Vetta WIRED HRM /Cyclomter on sale at Perfromance for $69. I have had great
> success with it over the past 5K miles.

I have the same one from the same source (now $75
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.html?SKU=15377&Store=Bike ). I'm very pleased with it. I
bought the wired cadence kit separately for it (a new mounting bracket with 2 wired sensors instead
of one) and find that a valuable data source as well. It has functioned flawlessly. I will
eventually stick the old bracket on my MTB.

I've only had it since October 2002 but I train outdoors all winter in Vancouver so I can say with
confidence that it resists heavy rain very well. I laugh when I hear of people who pull over when it
rains and put a baggie over their computer.

Bob Denton wrote -
> Take a look at the Vetta WIRED HRM /Cyclomter on sale at Perfromance for $69. I have had great
> success with it over the past 5K miles.
>
> I tried and sent back the wireless version. Of course the HRM is wireless.

Bob

What was the problem with the wireless model? I was on the verge of ordering one of these and if
there is a problem I would like to know.

Thanks

Tim

> Take a look at the Vetta WIRED HRM /Cyclomter on sale at Perfromance for $69. I have had great
> success with it over the past 5K miles.
>
> I tried and sent back the wireless version. Of course the HRM is wireless.

Bob

What was the problem with the wireless model. I am on the verge or ordering one so would like to
know of any problems.