More Copper Canyon Video

Per Ride-A-Lot:
>Batopilas Canyon and Back up to Creel

Geeze, I got scared just *looking* at some of those dropoffs that're about 8"
from the track's edge.

Is that how it was or just an illusion of the wide-angle lens?
--
PeteCresswell

(Pete Cresswell) wrote:
> Per Ride-A-Lot:
>
>>Batopilas Canyon and Back up to Creel

> Geeze, I got scared just *looking* at some of those dropoffs that're about 8"
> from the track's edge.
>
> Is that how it was or just an illusion of the wide-angle lens?

There were a few exposed areas. The worst ones I don't show because I
walked them. It's not a wide angle lens, so that's pretty much how near
the edge was, which is why you'll see me leaning to the wall side. It
sort of reminded me of the bottom portion of Porcupine Rim. Although,
this was a lot shorter drop, maybe two or three hundred feet. Not that
it wouldn't be a fatal fall.

I played it very conservative while I was there. You have to be
concious of the area. There is no such thing as an airlift to a
hospital in that area. After riding by the "hospital" in Batopilas, I
figured I wouldn't want my bones set there, either.

I'm not much on exposure. Give me a tight twisty harpacked ST anyday
over a six inch line along a cliff. I have some fear of heights,
although I'll climb up high, it's the getting down that's a problem for
me. I scaled about 25 feet up a rock cliff in Batopilas without any
problems. You should have seen the hilarity that ensued when I tried to
climb down.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:03:58 -0500, Ride-A-Lot <[email protected]> wrote:
> Batopilas Canyon and Back up to Creel
>
> I was bonking in the morning of this ride (damn heavy Mexican pancakes
> didn't sit to well in my stomach), so pay no attention to the crappy riding.
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/mexico2.mpg (102 MB)

That looks like some killer riding. Thanks for sharing.