More cycling hates

yjuosj

Nov 10, 2005
The other day I was doing my usual evening ride, when I catched another rider who was infront of me. When he first saw me, he tried to pull away by sprinting and he did get away. however, I kept my on tempo and catched him again and again he tried to sprint me away. He tried to do this two more times until he gave up. He let me catch him and told me on a quite rude manner "can you come up and let me draft now." I never even got the chace to do draft him on the first place! But I didn't complain I came up a drafted him for about 7 miles. by the way his little sprints went on for about 7 miles to. Anyways, the wind started to pick up and I couldn't hold the 23 mph rythm that I was holding. We came up to some corners and I started to take them wide, so that he could pass me and help me out, he never did so. After 2 more miles the wind reduce my speed to 20 miles. Finally I made up my mind to brake and ask him if he could draft me now. As soon as I let my guard down and brake, he took off on a sprint, to which I try to catch up to but he seem to be pretty good at sprinting. I went back to my technique and paced my self back to my tempo. He relized what that I was going to catch him, so he suddenly stopped. I was terrified! I didn't know what he was going to do or what was it that i was suppose to do, so I slowed down. As I passed him he yelled at me "Get away from me." Terrified I sprinted away as fast as I could. Now, what the hell is someone to do when something like this happens? I didn't even have a cell phone to call someone (police) nor do I know self defense!
(I thought this topic deserved a new thread)

Adrenaline does wonders for ones performance, i bet you sprinted away faster than you ever have before:eek:

Seriously though, this guy sounds like complete ****** thats all.

Why would you want to ride with or near such an ****?
There's nothing more frustrating than trying to ride with people who surge or ride erratically. Best to just let them ride off and not worry about them.

This guy must be bipolar. He like you. He hated you. Run for the hills or give him some medicine. Best of luck.

Bikelux said:
Why would you want to ride with or near such an ****?
There's nothing more frustrating than trying to ride with people who surge or ride erratically. Best to just let them ride off and not worry about them.

I hate flats. Not flat sections of road, mind you, but that thing where all the air leaves the tire and you can't pump it back up. I hate that.

You have nothing to complain about. Some punk kid chucked a 44 oz big gulp at me today and it hit me in the head. He then sped off laughing with his three faggoty friends. You just had some retard who kept sprinting away from you. Sorry, I'm a little ****** off about the whole big gulp to the head thing. :mad:

WINGNUTT said:
You have nothing to complain about. Some punk kid chucked a 44 oz big gulp at me today and it hit me in the head. He then sped off laughing with his three faggoty friends. You just had some retard who kept sprinting away from you. Sorry, I'm a little ****** off about the whole big gulp to the head thing. :mad:

I had someone in a car intentionally swerve at me on Saturday. Totally clear road, no one coming towards us, 3 lanes 1 in each direction plus a middle turn lane and a bicycle lane- which I was in. He had no excuse to swerve towards me and come within a few inches. The more I think about it the more p#ssed I get. He could have killed me if he had been just a little closer :mad: :mad: :mad:

Eden said:
I had someone in a car intentionally swerve at me on Saturday. Totally clear road, no one coming towards us, 3 lanes 1 in each direction plus a middle turn lane and a bicycle lane- which I was in. He had no excuse to swerve towards me and come within a few inches. The more I think about it the more p#ssed I get. He could have killed me if he had been just a little closer :mad: :mad: :mad:
Well, that is pretty irritating, and dangerous, and actually sounds like it was probably criminal... but at least you didn't get hit in the head with a 44oz Dr. Pepper! :mad:

WINGNUTT said:
You have nothing to be sorry for, I have had the fortune to never being thrown something at. Hopefuly I never will. I was lucky and you weren't and for that it is me who's sorry. Glad to hear that you're doing better. you are doing better, right?