More David Clinger coverage

I don't wan't to bag on Clinger, because I admire someone who can get a
Div I gig on his own merits (Festina), but that aricle was straight out
of The Onion...

Setting the Div III tone:

"Reached at his parents' house in Southern California..."

Other Gems:

"His mother, he said, is urging him to remove the tattoo..."

"I read about this stuff in a book why they did it and what they did.
Well, I didn't read it, but I saw the pictures. It's like anything
else, if you want to do it, you do it no matter what."

"He paid $150..."

"...Could cost up to $10,000 to remove..."

"In our shop, there are certain tattoos we will not do. One of them is
tattoos on the face," said Forrest, of Wild Bill's Tattoo in Roseville.
"Most of the people who come in and want it done are younger, and we
know that later on they are going to regret it."

"....the cyclist could serve as an example to youth - of what not to
do."

"If he wants to further his career as a pro cyclist, this was not the
way to do it,"

"Against his fiancée's wishes..."

"He conceded he knows little about the actual Maori tribe and has never
visited the South Pacific, though he says he respects the Polynesian
culture."

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>"He conceded he knows little about the actual Maori tribe and has never
> visited the South Pacific, though he says he respects the Polynesian
> culture."

Doesn't know **** about it but he respects it. Perfect example of someone
that would get a full face tatoo.

Tom Kunich wrote:

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>"He conceded he knows little about the actual Maori tribe and has never
>>visited the South Pacific, though he says he respects the Polynesian
>>culture."

> Doesn't know **** about it but he respects it. Perfect example of someone
> that would get a full face tatoo.

I think he means "iwi".