More desert rocky goodliness. ~VIDEO~

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by P E T E F A G E, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. Tags:

  2. Geedubb

    Geedubb Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > Fruita and Norcal boys dropping down Mormon on South Mountain. Bummer about the flat light but you
    > can't always get blue skies.
    >
    > I'm trying something new since I have some excess bandwidth. Two versions. The first version is at
    > my typical web quality. The second version is higher quality.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/mormon.mpg 48 mb
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/mormon_high.mpg 116 mb

    The high quality was outstanding. I didn't look at the typical web mode. I tried to ride up that
    crap last Saturday.......let's just say I wasn't quite as good (well no, I sucked) as the Sesame
    Street section.

    I like the shots done with overcast skies. It takes away annoying shadows (imo). Must have been
    during the week as there weren't any hikers.

    Gary

  3. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:08:27 -0700, "GeeDubb" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > I tried to ride up that crap last Saturday.......let's just say I wasn't quite as good (well no,
    > I sucked) as the Sesame Street section.

    Then you'll enjoy the next video, which, against all conventional wisdom, will feature
    ONLY climbing.

    Up Geronimo.

  4. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    "GeeDubb" <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    >> Fruita and Norcal boys dropping down Mormon on South Mountain. Bummer about the flat light but
    >> you can't always get blue skies.
    >>
    >> I'm trying something new since I have some excess bandwidth. Two versions. The first version is
    >> at my typical web quality. The second version is higher quality.
    >>
    >> http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/mormon.mpg 48 mb
    >>
    >> http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/mormon_high.mpg 116 mb
    >
    > The high quality was outstanding. >

    Yep, I liked the high quality as well, but thank god for MUTE ya' know

    Dave

  5. Geedubb

    Geedubb Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:08:27 -0700, "GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I tried to ride up that crap last Saturday.......let's just say I wasn't quite as good (well no,
    >> I sucked) as the Sesame Street section.
    >
    > Then you'll enjoy the next video, which, against all conventional wisdom, will feature ONLY
    > climbing.
    >
    > Up Geronimo.

    I'd go to Geronimo......if I wanted to go for a hike <(;-}. Can't wait to see the video. There is a
    group of riders here that tackle that trail all the time on hard tails (down hill). Not me, I'm too
    old to learn how to do it now (takes too long to heal).

    It's good to have the camera perspective of what I can't do.

    Gary

  6. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > Fruita and Norcal boys dropping down Mormon on South Mountain. Bummer about the flat light but you
    > can't always get blue skies.

    Nice riding, looks like a great place.

    I thought for sure the man in blue was going to eat it about 2/3 the way through.

    Those slo-mo scenes sure were....s-l-o-w!

  7. Tcmedara

    Tcmedara Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Fruita and Norcal boys dropping down Mormon on South Mountain. Bummer about the flat light but you
    > can't always get blue skies.
    >
    > I'm trying something new since I have some excess bandwidth. Two versions. The first version is at
    > my typical web quality. The second version is higher quality.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/mormon.mpg 48 mb
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/mormon_high.mpg 116 mb

    Videos like these bring much joy to those of us in the cold, wet, muddy, non-ridable east. This was
    one of my favorites. The slow-mo parts were a nice touch, particularly the first scene -- impressive
    little move there on a tight track

    Tom (living vicariously for now)

  8. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:08:27 -0700, "GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >> I tried to ride up that crap last Saturday.......let's just say I wasn't quite as good (well no,
    >> I sucked) as the Sesame Street section.
    >

    > Then you'll enjoy the next video, which, against all conventional wisdom, will feature ONLY
    > climbing.
    >
    > Up Geronimo.

    Looking forward to it. I finally watched the last Rockville vid and it was nice to see the
    climbing scenes.

    Greg

  9. I vote for the high quality. Pixelation less in fullscreen mode.
    "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Fruita and Norcal boys dropping down Mormon on South Mountain. Bummer about the flat light but you
    > can't always get blue skies.
    >
    > I'm trying something new since I have some excess bandwidth. Two versions. The first version is at
    > my typical web quality. The second version is higher quality.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/mormon.mpg 48 mb
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/mormon_high.mpg 116 mb

  10. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > I'm trying something new since I have some excess bandwidth. Two versions. The first version is at
    > my typical web quality. The second version is higher quality.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/mormon_high.mpg 116 mb

    Mmmmh, high res... yummy! That is what I'm talking about! Makes me soooo homesick though.

    I know watching the action through a video lens can be deceiving, but yellow jersey guy, skilled as
    he may be, seemed to be positively crawling in some of the faster sections.

    Awesome video, can't wait for the climbing part...it would be even more impressive to see yellow
    jersey guy doing those switchbacks uphill.

    John Morgan

  11. On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 00:47:20 -0700, "John Morgan"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I know watching the action through a video lens can be deceiving, but yellow jersey guy, skilled as
    >he may be, seemed to be positively crawling in some of the faster sections.

    Uh....much steeper than it looks.

  12. Geedubb

    Geedubb Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 00:47:20 -0700, "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I know watching the action through a video lens can be deceiving, but yellow jersey guy, skilled
    >> as he may be, seemed to be positively crawling in some of the faster sections.
    >
    > Uh....much steeper than it looks.

    that's an understatement......

    Gary

  13. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I know watching the action through a video lens can be deceiving, but yellow jersey guy, skilled
    > as he may be, seemed to be positively crawling in some of the faster sections.

    You're calling Chet Peach slow? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    JD

  14. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 10:52:17 -0800, P e t e F a g e r l i n
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Then you'll enjoy the next video, which, against all conventional wisdom, will feature ONLY
    >climbing.

    Nice Vid. Can't wait to check it out.

    Peace, Bill ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them all and
    on the trails pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

  15. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I know watching the action through a video lens can be deceiving,
    but
    > > yellow jersey guy, skilled as he may be, seemed to be positively crawling in some of the faster
    > > sections.
    >
    > You're calling Chet Peach slow? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    >
    > JD

    Well yeah... if you want to put that kind of a spin on it. I said the video lens made it seem like
    he was going slow.

    I've already heard you rave about his apparently inhuman skills, so I thought I my head nod in his
    direction would be adequate. Glad you got a good laugh out of it.

    But if you want my philosophy... no matter how fast you are, you're still slow.

    -John Morgan