More east coast whining

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Doug Taylor, Jun 21, 2003.

  1. Doug Taylor

    Doug Taylor Guest

    Forecast here yesterday evening and today was that the New England nor'easter would miss us and we
    had a "30% chance of rain." It rained all night and it's raining as I type. For a "change."

    I feel a bond with Bond and the other New Englanders.

    Lesson of the day: Wet conditions learn you to keep your wheels perpindicular to the ground. Lean at
    the wrong time on the wrong terrain at your own risk.

    Tags:

  2. Doug Taylor wrote:
    > Forecast here yesterday evening and today was that the New England nor'easter would miss us and we
    > had a "30% chance of rain." It rained all night and it's raining as I type. For a "change."
    >
    > I feel a bond with Bond and the other New Englanders.

    Absolutely glorious day here in Southern NH.

  3. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 09:15:51 -0400, ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Doug Taylor wrote:
    >> Forecast here yesterday evening and today was that the New England nor'easter would miss us and
    >> we had a "30% chance of rain." It rained all night and it's raining as I type. For a "change."
    >>
    >> I feel a bond with Bond and the other New Englanders.
    >
    >Absolutely glorious day here in Southern NH.

    Finally here down south as well, the past 2 day's have been pushing the 90's, and the local forcast
    on the weather channel calls for, and I quote, "Abundant Sunshine" yee haw!

    Now that I'm finished mowing the yard, pruning the trees etc, etc. I might get some saddle time in!

  4. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Forecast here yesterday evening and today was that the New England nor'easter would miss us and we
    > had a "30% chance of rain." It rained all night and it's raining as I type. For a "change."
    >
    > I feel a bond with Bond and the other New Englanders.
    >
    > Lesson of the day: Wet conditions learn you to keep your wheels perpindicular to the ground. Lean
    > at the wrong time on the wrong terrain
    at
    > your own risk.

    It was beautiful this morning, for about 4 hours. Then it started to drizzle.. then pour... then
    just be grey, then greyer, then drizzling again... now its raining solidly again. Bah.

    Weather this week is supposed to be more rain tomorrow and 60 or so, rain monday AM, and then 90 for
    the rest of the week. I should have my seatpost and BB by wednesday, and hopefully I'll get my
    wheels built up by next weekend. Here's hoping.

    Jon Bond

  5. x

    x Guest

    RE/
    >Absolutely glorious day here in Southern NH.

    Same here in Southeastern Pennsylvania: slightly overcast, light drizzle, temp around 60....a little
    muddy, but otherwise perfect for riding...but it's all going 'poof' in a few days when we're forcast
    to get temps into the 90s...-)
    -----------------------
    PeteCresswell

  6. Jon Bond says:

    >It was beautiful this morning, for about 4 hours. Then it started to drizzle.. then pour... then
    >just be grey, then greyer, then drizzling again... now its raining solidly again. Bah.

    What he said - except that I hac to drive to Vermont to achieve that. In RI it didn't do much until
    I came home. Pouring now, cats and dogs all over the place.

    Steve "Rain God" Baker

  7. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 09:12:38 -0400, "Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Forecast here yesterday evening and today was that the New England nor'easter would miss us and we
    >had a "30% chance of rain." It rained all night and it's raining as I type. For a "change."
    >
    >I feel a bond with Bond and the other New Englanders.
    >
    >Lesson of the day: Wet conditions learn you to keep your wheels perpindicular to the ground. Lean
    >at the wrong time on the wrong terrain at your own risk.

    Yesterday, 6/21. Good Sunshine at 7:00am overcast and scatter showers sometimes heavy until
    about 9:00pm.

    I promise not to bitch about the weather again this entire year.....yeah right.

    :-]

  8. Doug Taylor

    Doug Taylor Guest

    "Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Forecast here yesterday evening and today was that the New England nor'easter would miss us and we
    >had a "30% chance of rain." It rained all night and it's raining as I type. For a "change."

    So Sunday started out cold and wet and ended up dry with temps in the 70's.

    Forecast for the rest of the week: hazy, hot, humid, temps in the 90's !! Meaning here in Central NY
    we had NO SPRING. From winter to summer in one freaking day. We had maybe one or two days of
    sunshine in the 70's, the rest rain or overcast with temps below 60. Now we get the tropical heat
    and humidity. I'll take anything without precipitation, but I'm not looking forward to puffing up
    hills with 95 deg. temps and 90% humidity.

    I'm taking today off due to road race yesterday (it was still too wet to ride off-road so no
    flames, please), and will venture into my favorite trail system tomorrow after about 2 weeks of
    down time due to rain. I figure the mud will be plentiful but not IMBA prohibited after 2 dry days
    in the 90's.

    We'll see. But no matter what, it will be heaven to get back into the single track! Amen.

    --dt

  9. glenzx

    glenzx New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2003
    The weather here after a wetter than normal spring in santa fe is beautiful! Moving out here to the Rocky Mountains was the best decision my wife and I ever made. Santa Fe is more like a colorado mountain town than the desert people always envision, although we do have a dry semi-arid climate, it's relatively cool here and has 4 seasons.

    Anyhow, I'll try to attach the days weather forecast:

  10. glenzx

    glenzx New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2003
    here goes try #2:

  11. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

  12. Doug Taylor

    Doug Taylor Guest

    "glenzx" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > The weather here after a wetter than normal spring in santa fe is beautiful! Moving out here to
    > the Rocky Mountains was the best decision my wife and I ever made. Santa Fe is more like a
    > colorado mountain town than the desert people always envision, although we do have a dry semi-arid
    > climate, it's relatively cool here and has 4 seasons.

    BUT, Taos still does not allow snowboards. Only a few holdouts left: Alta, Mad River Glen. Dumb.