    Bomba Guest

  2. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    JD would say toothpaste welds, yes.

    I MTB 2004

  3. Iddqd

    Iddqd Guest

    spademan o---[) * wrote:
    > Pah! Euros can't build good full sus bikes
    :)

    Not sure if you are being ironic or not but do check out a few of the european builders:

    http://www.votec.de/ http://www.storck-bicycle.de/ http://www.rotwild.de/ http://www.principia.dk/
    http://www.bergwerk-bikes.de

    Or how about a couple of direct links to pictures:

    http://www.bergwerk-bikes.de/2003/images/pfadfinder_large.jpg
    http://www.votec.de/produkte/bikes/poster/bigbike.php?rad=nc1 http://www.storck-bicycle.de/de/bikes/bikeimg/organiclight-
    gr.jpg

    Regards

    Bruno

    --
    To mail me write to iddqdATworldonline.dk (U know what 2 do)

    More of these http://www.westocykler.dk would mean less cars and less polution.

  4. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    spademan o---[) * wrote:
    > Pah! Euros can't build good full sus bikes

    You're right. Why would they place the shock mount where there could have been a water bottle mount?

    Greg

  5. "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:22:25 +0000, spademan o---[) * wrote:
    >
    > > Pah! Euros can't build good full sus bikes
    > > http://www.mtbrider.com/images/article_images/nicolai/nonius.jpg
    > >

    > > And if they can they look terrible
    > > http://www.mtbrider.com/images/article_images/nicolai/welds.jpg
    > >

    > > See what I mean.... http://www.mtbrider.com/images/article_images/nicolai/dropout.jpg
    >
    > Gary Fisher Cake? http://www.singletrackworld.com/mod/submit/images/1113-5.jpg
    >
    > ...he says following the same thread on STW.

    Does look scarily similar, but then again there are only so many decent suspension designs, its all
    in the build quality.

    Steve.

  6. "iddqd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > spademan o---[) * wrote:
    > > Pah! Euros can't build good full sus bikes
    > :)
    >
    > Not sure if you are being ironic

    Uh-huh

    > or not but do check out a few of the european builders:

    I wasn't being ironic, I was being sarcastic, of course I know Nicolai make superbly engineered
    bikes. Ironic would be if the bike actually was a piece of junk.

    Steve.

  7. Per LöWdin

    Per LöWdin Guest

    > Pah! Euros can't build good full sus bikes

    Nor, decent cars, Volvo, Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, Saab, Jaguar, Porche, Rolls, Bentley, all pure and
    undiluted junk ;)

    For years American builders were really far ahead. Largely because MTB started in the US. But some
    are catching on. Yeasterday my LBS, knowing well that all our bikes are American US-welded (Titus,
    Klein etc.), invited me to borrow a new Scott for a whole day in Lunsen, a pretty technical area,
    lots of rockgardens etc., for test riding in April. The Scott has a horstlink but otherwise a rather
    peculiar linkage, http://www.scott-europe.com/product.php?UID=4800. Apparently, Thomas Frischknecht
    won the Marathon World Championship on one. I think the Scott is designed in Switzerland, but
    probably welded on Taiwan.

    Would be interesting with some well done systematic comparisions of Ellsworth, Titus, Intense,
    Ventana, vs Nicolai, Steppenwolf, Scott, etc.

    Per http://lowdin.nu

  8. "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > spademan o---[) * wrote:
    > > Pah! Euros can't build good full sus bikes
    > >

    > You're right. Why would they place the shock mount where there could have been a water
    > bottle mount?
    >
    > Greg

    I don't know but it happens on most full-sus bikes, the Turner 5 spot for example...

    Steve.

  9. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Well I haven't seen a Cake in the LBS Can only go by what it looks like in magazines. Okay that
    their pic you have there looks like it would up againest a Cake and come out the winner. That is
    with the right rider. Like an Orange in the right hands. If you know who I'm talking about. Whats
    that a DT shock? Someone show me a Steppenwolf. I'm not talking book,band,orstory.

    I MTB 2004

  10. Gazzer

    Gazzer Guest

  11. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > >
    > > "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > Do I look like IGAF what JD says... what do you say?
    > >
    > > Well, I dunno! WTF does someone who GAF what JD says look like?
    >
    > I dunno, never met one...

    Huh, seems we're both stumped, then! ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe - Cheese is underrated as a weapon.

  13. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    spademan o---[) * wrote:
    > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>spademan o---[) * wrote:
    >>
    >>>Pah! Euros can't build good full sus bikes
    >>>

    >>You're right. Why would they place the shock mount where there could have been a water
    >>bottle mount?
    >>
    >>Greg
    >

    > I don't know but it happens on most full-sus bikes, the Turner 5 spot for example...

    A water bottle cage fits just fine on my 5 Spot right where that shock mounts on whatever that was.

    Greg

  14. Tm

    Tm Guest

    "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:fAGYb.49425

    knowing well
    > that all our bikes are American US-welded (Titus, Klein etc.), invited me
    > borrow a new Scott

    1958 The Birth of SCOTT and the Revolution of Ski Poles In 1958, the sport of skiing was
    revolutionized with a technical innovation from Ed Scott, a talented engineer and ski racer living
    in Sun Valley, Idaho. Ed Scott's invention of the first tapered aluminum ski pole immediately
    replaced the sport's existing use of bamboo and steel. That revolutionary invention launched a new
    brand, SCOTT, and fundamentally positioned SCOTT as a technical product leader in the skiing market.
    Ed Scott's initial vision of technical innovation would serve as the cornerstone company philosophy
    as the brand matured and expanded to new markets.

    http://www.scottusa.com/company_history.php

  15. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    TM retorted :
    > "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:fAGYb.49425
    >
    > knowing well
    >> that all our bikes are American US-welded (Titus, Klein etc.), invited me to borrow a new Scott
    >
    > 1958 The Birth of SCOTT and the Revolution of Ski Poles In 1958, the sport of skiing was
    > revolutionized with a technical innovation from Ed Scott, a talented engineer and ski racer living
    > in Sun Valley, Idaho. Ed Scott's invention of the first tapered aluminum ski pole immediately
    > replaced the sport's existing use of bamboo and steel. That revolutionary invention launched a new
    > brand, SCOTT, and fundamentally positioned SCOTT as a technical product leader in the skiing
    > market. Ed Scott's initial vision of technical innovation would serve as the cornerstone company
    > philosophy as the brand matured and expanded to new markets.
    >
    > http://www.scottusa.com/company_history.php

    too bad their goggles suck.

    ps

  16. Iddqd

    Iddqd Guest

    spademan o---[) * wrote:
    > Uh-huh

    Hehe

    > I wasn't being ironic, I was being sarcastic, of course I know Nicolai make superbly engineered
    > bikes. Ironic would be if the bike actually was a piece of junk.

    OK, sounds like I got u picked right and just failed to communicate it being that english is my
    third language:)

    Still - what did you think of the bikes I linked to?

    Overhere in Denmark we get bikes from all over the globe and the european magazines cover plenty of
    bikes from outside europe. But I also read the US bike magazines and apart from Giant they hardly
    ever cover anything from the many high end european builders. Something which I think is a shame as
    it would be interesting to see more variety in bikes.

    Kind regards

    Bruno