Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:04:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul Nam <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Touchy Feely] Mutual admiration personal accomplishment
congratulations

Two first's for me today in Skeggs.

" The idea of this thread is to post what you recently cleared /
climbed
/ rode / did that you could not, or did not think you could do before.
This is your chance to say what you did and get a pat on the back.
Everyone is welcome to post their accomplishment and / or 'atta boy'."

Today I notched something that I have been trying without success off
and on for a few years. Today I climbed Disney in ECDM from bottom to
top without dabbing. My witness is Glenn Wegner, and I think it helped
to have a small group along. I was concentrating on the line so hard,
a big hairy Samsquamtch could have been leaning on a tree next to the
trail and I wouldn't have seen her.

Later without properly trying, still revelling, I cleared the climb up
towards Virginia Mill on the South Leaf Trail (you know after the
sidehill technicals and the trail turns straight up to the right,
before you contour over to the redwood grave by Starhill Rd), which
was always so difficult for me I though I would never clean it. Glenn
said he used to clean that one all the time, back in the day.

I've seen Dave Tripier clean Disney once, and I hear Gary Gellin used
to do it every time.

Conditions were great today at Skegg's, and the traction was good.
Locked up my suspension fore and aft, lowered fork travel all the way,
pretty fresh Mythos tires, and luck, lowest gear, check ,push-off, go,
crank, puff-puff, to the top, what's the big deal?

-Paul

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande