More "Farcilities"

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Al_mossah, Apr 10, 2003.

  1. Al_mossah

    Al_mossah Guest

    Tags:

  2. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

  3. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On 12 Apr 2003 02:30:46 -0700, [email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote:

    >> See http://www.btinternet.com/~hazel_peter/cycling/
    >
    >Excellent! That's a classic.

    It's obviously designed as a stealth pedestrian-killing zone. The bikes are launched to the right
    just at the same time as the the cars are guided to the left.

    A classic pincer movement.

    And I'm not even going to comment on cyclists who chose to ride the "wrong" way along the
    cycle lane.

    James

    --
    A credit limit is NOT a target.

  4. M Series

    M Series Guest

    I saw a beaut in Leeds today. I'll try to get a picture next weekend. A road ends where the M621
    crosses but what was the road is now a pedestrian and cycle way through the underpass which is wider
    than a 2 lane road. It is barriered so no large vehicles can use it. From the road, a metre wide
    bike lane has been painted on leading through the underpass, but then it stops, just before it gets
    under cover, with give way markings. To whom ? Why ? The same set up can be found on the other side.
    It appears that the bike lane goes to the underpass, ceases then restarts again about 6 metres
    further on. Are we meant to walk this bit ?

    For those who know Leeds is it near South Leed Leisure Centre going under the M621 to Holbeck Moor.

    "Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    news:<[email protected]>...