More Fascinating Hate Mail from a Typical Mountain Biker

Mike Vandeman

Guest
07:43:05 -0700 (PDT) Return-Path: <[email protected]> Received: from mtaw3.prodigy.net (64.164.98.47)
by mta803.mail.yahoo.com with SMTP; 16 Jul 2003 07:43:05 -0700 (PDT) X-Originating-IP:
[129.123.104.12] Received: from ms2.usu.edu (ms2.usu.edu [129.123.104.12]) by
mtaw3.prodigy.net (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h6GEguxC008768 for <[email protected]>;
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:42:57 -0700 (PDT) Received: from webster.usu.edu (webster.usu.edu
[129.123.1.90]) by ms2.usu.edu (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h6GEh2Nc023685 for
<[email protected]>; Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:43:02 -0600 X-WebMail-UserID: MCW Date: Wed, 16
Jul 2003 08:43:02 -0600 Sender: Jon Nichols <[email protected]> From: Jon Nichols
<[email protected]> To: [email protected] X-EXP32-SerialNo: 00002751 Subject: Eco
Preservation!!! Message-ID: <[email protected]> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: WebMail (Hydra)
SMTP v3.62 X-MailScanner: Found to be clean

My email was solicited, you asked for comments on your webpage. I'm sorry you are not only confused
about your existence on earth but your inability to request, receive and process information, as
well. Those are just about the two most basic things on earth, and you are failing miserably. I
also saw that you have a PhD, that is frightening that you are so confused with that much
education. This email was solicited as well, you replied to my first one. My email was just the
truth, I'm sorry that you are frail and interpreted it as abusive, I mean you were a big mean head
and called me an idiot, I feel abused now, too, lets start a support group for eachother and end
the human race, okay?

And I did add you to my **** list, for future reference.

Bye bye for now, my confused, strange little (****) friend

Michael C. Wickersham The Master of Space, Time and Dimension "A lamp shade is bigger than a
canteloupe, but you can't use a doorknob as a toaster."
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike, please don't start crossposting your worthless dribble to sci.environment. No one cares.

Matt

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:16:56 -0700, "Matt" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike, please don't start crossposting your worthless dribble to sci.environment. No one cares.
>
>Matt

Can you find a single person in any of these groups who does?

Happy trails, Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

You know what I think is funny about activists of Mike's type?

They are willing to slander people anonymously or from a distance, somwhere where there's no threat
to themselves. His kind of people will run up to rich old women on the street and spraypaint their
fur coats, but won't go to a biker (motorcycle) rally and even dare to make a comment about the
leather everyone's wearing. They will throw themselves under the tires of a car driving into an
abortion clinic, and scream in surprise agony when someone has the balls to roll over them. They
will lay down in Times Square to protest a war, stopping traffic in Manhattan, without realizing
that the cop thats picking you up and throwing you into a wagon, could have been stopping a robbery
that's going on around the corner, the ambulance standing in traffic could have been at the hospital
in time to save the person in it. Someone could have been on time for their job interview after a
year of unemployment.

But they don't care. Their deranged beliefs must be forced onto everyone else. They have no real
achievemnts in their life, so they try to "make a difference". They are cowards. It's find to be a
coward, as long as no one else is affected by it.

Mike, would you like to make a difference? Become a fire fighter. Volunteer at the hospital or a
National Park, go to... Oh, no never mind, you have to do stuff that requires more then just
bullsh*tting... Well, keep at it then. That is your forte'

Igor wrote:

> They will lay down in Times Square to protest a war, stopping traffic in Manhattan, without
> realizing that the cop thats picking you up and throwing you into a wagon, could have been
> stopping a robbery that's going on around the corner,

So people should no longer have the democratic right to protest? Perhaps you should take a short
lesson in history before criticising the freedoms that you take for granted.

> Someone could have been on time for their job interview after a year of unemployment.

Ah, what a touching piece of emotional melodrama. Of course, if they don't have the nous to work out
that there might be a slight delay in travelling to the interview on the day of a large protest,
then they don't deserve the job in the first place.

> Igor wrote:
>
> > They will lay down in Times Square to protest a war, stopping
> > traffic in Manhattan, without realizing that the cop thats picking you up and throwing you into
> > a wagon, could have been stopping a robbery that's going on around the corner,
>
> So people should no longer have the democratic right to protest? Perhaps you should take a short
> lesson in history before criticising the freedoms that you take for granted.

I think every American feels very strongly about the rights of other Americans to disagree with
their views and voice that opinion. The riots in Los Angeles after the Rodney King verdict were a
form of protest. But you would say hey that's a great thing that they burned down the city
because they have the right to protest?? The point is there is a right way to protest and a wrong
way to protest.

The intersting thing I see with regards to protesters is they don't really seem to know much about
the issues they are protesting. Have you ever seen a news person interview a protester and ask them
serious questions about the issue they are protesting?? It is the funniest thing because the
protesters know nothing about the issue.

During the pre-war protests a news man went down and talked several protesters. All the newsman
asked was "If you don't want us to attack Iraq, then what should we do?" Every protestor answered
"We should give Saddam more time to come around and comply with the UN resolutions". The newsman
then asked "Wel what if Saddam never does comply with the UN resolutions". At that, each protestor
was completely dumbfounded, didn't know how to respond and would just turn away from the newman and
start screaming "Down with Bush". Idiots.

It almost seems like there is a segment of the population that likes to protest the government, no
matter what the issue, because it is fun to go out and cause havoc. The irony is that when those
types of protesters show up, all it does is hurt the opinion trying to be promoted. What is a better
way to promote an opinion? Having a peacefull march and ralley in a park with intelligent speakers?
Or going around blocking intersections and turning over cars while holding signs that say "Bush is
the Devil"??

Matt

How is it possible that you know how to type, but can not read? Unbelievable.

P.S.

By the way, you are one of the aforementioned cowards. You defend your right to free speech, bot
won't leave your e-mail adress or name. In words of Mike Vanderman - "Thank You for helping me prove
my point."

Gary S. <Idontwantspam@net> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:16:56 -0700, "Matt" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Mike, please don't start crossposting your worthless dribble to sci.environment. No one cares.
> >
> >Matt
> >
> Can you find a single person in any of these groups who does?

Jeff Strickland seems to enjoy being the *** for Mikes tat.

-- The Ogre

On 18 Jul 2003 13:38:25 -0700, [email protected] (The Ogre) wrote:

>Gary S. <Idontwantspam@net> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:16:56 -0700, "Matt" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Mike, please don't start crossposting your worthless dribble to sci.environment. No one cares.
>> >
>> Can you find a single person in any of these groups who does?
>
>Jeff Strickland seems to enjoy being the *** for Mikes tat.

Some feel an obligation to counter the silliness so that newbies don't get the impression that Mikey
speaks for anyone else.

Some find entertainment in pushing Mikey's buttons, although the automatic responses get tedious
rather soon.

Still no one is there who cares what Mikey has to say, except an occasional sock puppet who comes
and goes on the exact same schedule as Mikey.

Mikey's presence actually hurts the environment, by stifling open discussion of important issues in
these groups.

On 18 Jul 2003 06:37:15 -0700, [email protected] (Igor) wrote:

[...]

Telling the truth is my forte. You should try it some time.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:11:46 -0700, "Matt" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message .news:[email protected]... .> Igor
wrote: .> .> > They will lay down in Times Square to protest a war, stopping .> > traffic in
Manhattan, without realizing that the cop thats picking you .> > up and throwing you into a wagon,
could have been stopping a robbery .> > that's going on around the corner, .> .> So people should no
[...]

It takes guts to tell the truth. You obviously have NONE.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 00:48:11 GMT, Gary S. <Idontwantspam@net> wrote:

.On 18 Jul 2003 13:38:25 -0700, [email protected] (The Ogre) wrote: . .>Gary S.
<Idontwantspam@net> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... .>> On
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:16:56 -0700, "Matt" <[email protected]> .>> wrote: .>> .>> >Mike, please
don't start crossposting your worthless dribble to .>> >sci.environment. No one cares. .>> > .>> Can
you find a single person in any of these groups who does? .> .>Jeff Strickland seems to enjoy being
the *** for Mikes tat. .> .Some feel an obligation to counter the silliness so that newbies don't
.get the impression that Mikey speaks for anyone else. . .Some find entertainment in pushing Mikey's
buttons, although the .automatic responses get tedious rather soon. . .Still no one is there who
cares what Mikey has to say, except an .occasional sock puppet who comes and goes on the exact same
schedule .as Mikey. . .Mikey's presence actually hurts the environment, by stifling open .discussion
of important issues in these groups.

Oh, sure. I am preventing you from telling the truth. I'd love to hear how I am doing that. :)

.Happy trails, .Gary (net.yogi.bear) .------------------------------------------------ .at the 51st
percentile of ursine intelligence . .Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA .Please reply to:
> [...]

> .At that, each protestor was completely dumbfounded, didn't know how to .respond and would just
> turn away from the newman and start screaming
"Down
> .with Bush". Idiots. . .It almost seems like there is a segment of the population that likes to
> .protest the government, no matter what the issue, because it is fun to go .out and cause havoc.
> The irony is that when those types of protesters
show
> .up, all it does is hurt the opinion trying to be promoted. What is a
better
> .way to promote an opinion? Having a peacefull march and ralley in a park .with intelligent
> speakers? Or going around blocking intersections and .turning over cars while holding signs that
> say "Bush is the Devil"?? . .Matt

> It takes guts to tell the truth. You obviously have NONE.

Boy, you got me there Mike. Great arguement.

Matt

Igor wrote:
> How is it possible that you know how to type, but can not read? Unbelievable.

Darn, I've been totally confounded by your superior intelligence and wit.

Igor wrote:
> P.S.
>
> By the way, you are one of the aforementioned cowards. You defend your right to free speech, bot
> won't leave your e-mail adress or name. In words of Mike Vanderman - "Thank You for helping me
> prove my point."

WTF? My e-mail address is in the headers. If you want my name, it's Jonathan Harris - if you'd
checked the website in my .sig you could have worked that out all by yourself. Think how proud your
mother would have been.

Matt wrote:

>>So people should no longer have the democratic right to protest? Perhaps you should take a short
>>lesson in history before criticising the freedoms that you take for granted.
>

> I think every American feels very strongly about the rights of other Americans to disagree with
> their views and voice that opinion. The riots in Los Angeles after the Rodney King verdict were a
> form of protest. But you would say hey that's a great thing that they burned down the city
> because they have the right to protest?? The point is there is a right way to protest and a wrong
> way to protest.

You're right that there is a "right way to protest and a wrong way to protest", but drawing a
parallel between rioting and a peaceful demonstration is pretty non-sensical.

> The intersting thing I see with regards to protesters is they don't really seem to know much about
> the issues they are protesting. Have you ever seen a news person interview a protester and ask
> them serious questions about the issue they are protesting?? It is the funniest thing because the
> protesters know nothing about the issue.

I'm sure there are some who just like to protest for the sake of it, but you don't organise a
massive demonstration (in the case of New York, over half a million) without a basis.

Gman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> SRAM CHAINS ROCK!
>
> sorry, I tried, but I couldn't resist. :)

I run Shazam chains and have never broken one, except a few rollers on old chains that I was
sacrificing on the SS. They rock.

JD

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:28:21 +0200, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

.Igor wrote: .> How is it possible that you know how to type, but can not read? Unbelievable. .
.Darn, I've been totally confounded by your superior intelligence and wit.

And I'm really impressed with your email address.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:28:21 +0200, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .Igor wrote: .> How is it possible that you know how to type, but can not read?
Unbelievable.
> . .Darn, I've been totally confounded by your superior intelligence and wit.
>
> And I'm really impressed with your email address.

For a PhD, you are impressed easily. Small minds are easy to impress, I suppose.