More Fox setting (DHX 5 Air and 36)

Gman

Guest
Still tweaking the adjustments on my new bike for my 220lb
bag-a-bones.

So I found that I was actually running my DHX 5.0 air at 240
psi w/ 2 full turns of bottom-out adjustment. I pumped it
up to 265 psi and backed off my BV bottom-out one full turn
(w 2 lines clearly showing, 1/3 from full linear) and that
worked great.

It seems that more air, less bottom out is the ticket there.

Still tweaking the Fox 36. Was running 160 psi, but on a
rough-ish trail today, when I turned down the rebound
dampening that was too stiff. Gonna try it at 150 next.

Gman wrote:
> Still tweaking the adjustments on my new bike for my 220lb
> bag-a-bones.
>
> So I found that I was actually running my DHX 5.0 air at 240
> psi w/ 2 full turns of bottom-out adjustment. I pumped it
> up to 265 psi and backed off my BV bottom-out one full turn
> (w 2 lines clearly showing, 1/3 from full linear) and that
> worked great.
>
> It seems that more air, less bottom out is the ticket there.
>
> Still tweaking the Fox 36. Was running 160 psi, but on a
> rough-ish trail today, when I turned down the rebound
> dampening that was too stiff. Gonna try it at 150 next.

Still not happy with my DHX air. Too much bobbing. But it's not soft.
Aaarrrrrgggghhh!!!!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 10:52:59 -0700, Ride-A-Lot
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Gman wrote:
>> Still tweaking the adjustments on my new bike for my 220lb
>> bag-a-bones.
>> So I found that I was actually running my DHX 5.0 air at 240
>> psi w/ 2 full turns of bottom-out adjustment. I pumped it
>> up to 265 psi and backed off my BV bottom-out one full turn
>> (w 2 lines clearly showing, 1/3 from full linear) and that
>> worked great.
>> It seems that more air, less bottom out is the ticket there.
>> Still tweaking the Fox 36. Was running 160 psi, but on a
>> rough-ish trail today, when I turned down the rebound
>> dampening that was too stiff. Gonna try it at 150 next.
>>

> Still not happy with my DHX air. Too much bobbing. But it's not soft.
> Aaarrrrrgggghhh!!!!

I was just just about to look at a frame this afternoon that has a DHX
Air, but after hearing about the [lack of] performance and some other
problems, I gonna hold out and keep looking for something with a coil. I
think after riding the Romic on my i-drive, and the Push[ed] RC on Turner,
I don't think I'll ever be fully satisfied with air.
_______
Patrick

Slack wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 10:52:59 -0700, Ride-A-Lot
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Gman wrote:
>>> Still tweaking the adjustments on my new bike for my 220lb
>>> bag-a-bones.
>>> So I found that I was actually running my DHX 5.0 air at 240
>>> psi w/ 2 full turns of bottom-out adjustment. I pumped it
>>> up to 265 psi and backed off my BV bottom-out one full turn
>>> (w 2 lines clearly showing, 1/3 from full linear) and that
>>> worked great.
>>> It seems that more air, less bottom out is the ticket there.
>>> Still tweaking the Fox 36. Was running 160 psi, but on a
>>> rough-ish trail today, when I turned down the rebound
>>> dampening that was too stiff. Gonna try it at 150 next.
>>>

>> Still not happy with my DHX air. Too much bobbing. But it's not
>> soft. Aaarrrrrgggghhh!!!!
>>

> I was just just about to look at a frame this afternoon that has a DHX
> Air, but after hearing about the [lack of] performance and some other
> problems, I gonna hold out and keep looking for something with a coil. I
> think after riding the Romic on my i-drive, and the Push[ed] RC on
> Turner, I don't think I'll ever be fully satisfied with air.
> _______
> Patrick

You can get a DHX Coil.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 12:03:22 -0700, Ride-A-Lot
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Slack wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 10:52:59 -0700, Ride-A-Lot
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Still not happy with my DHX air. Too much bobbing. But it's not
>>> soft. Aaarrrrrgggghhh!!!!
>>>

>> I was just just about to look at a frame this afternoon that has a DHX
>> Air, but after hearing about the [lack of] performance and some other
>> problems, I gonna hold out and keep looking for something with a coil.
>> I think after riding the Romic on my i-drive, and the Push[ed] RC on
>> Turner, I don't think I'll ever be fully satisfied with air.
>> _______
>> Patrick

> You can get a DHX Coil.

Ya, I know, but for the price this dude was asking for the frame, althogth
it is brand new, it wasn't worth it considering the upgrade cost.
_______
Patrick

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 13:52:59 -0400, Ride-A-Lot <[email protected]> wrote:

> Still not happy with my DHX air. Too much bobbing. But it's not soft.
> Aaarrrrrgggghhh!!!!

I like it, 'course I don't have a great range of experience.
My Enduro climbs very well with it, and if I want to turn
the Pro Pedal all the way plus it climbs even better (at the
expense of taking a stronger hit to engage).

I was twisting the Pro Pedal all they way plus for the climb
and then all the way negative for the descent, but now I've
got it closer to the neg side and I just leave it.

Gman wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 13:52:59 -0400, Ride-A-Lot <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Still not happy with my DHX air. Too much bobbing. But it's not soft.
>> Aaarrrrrgggghhh!!!!
>>

> I like it, 'course I don't have a great range of experience.
> My Enduro climbs very well with it, and if I want to turn
> the Pro Pedal all the way plus it climbs even better (at the
> expense of taking a stronger hit to engage).
>
> I was twisting the Pro Pedal all they way plus for the climb
> and then all the way negative for the descent, but now I've
> got it closer to the neg side and I just leave it.

I was playing with the PP on the last DH at Douthat. I felt the
difference there, but it was taking some hard hits at the bottom of the
hill. I guess it still doesn't bob as bad as the ID with a romic coil did.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Gman wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 13:52:59 -0400, Ride-A-Lot
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Still not happy with my DHX air. Too much bobbing. But it's not
>>> soft. Aaarrrrrgggghhh!!!!
>>>

>> I like it, 'course I don't have a great range of experience.
>> My Enduro climbs very well with it, and if I want to turn
>> the Pro Pedal all the way plus it climbs even better (at the
>> expense of taking a stronger hit to engage).
>>
>> I was twisting the Pro Pedal all they way plus for the climb
>> and then all the way negative for the descent, but now I've
>> got it closer to the neg side and I just leave it.

> I was playing with the PP on the last DH at Douthat. I felt the
> difference there, but it was taking some hard hits at the bottom of
> the hill. I guess it still doesn't bob as bad as the ID with a romic
> coil did.

{Obscure Seinfeldian Mode On}

I don't know how you guys ride around with those things.

Bill "Fox Float RC's about as complicated as I can handle" S.