More gems from Hulda

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Mark, Dec 16, 2003.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    I was at our local chain bookstore tonight, picking up some Solzhenitsyn, when I found myself
    wandering through the Humor...uh, "alternative Health"...aisle. Whose name did I see on the binding
    of a book? Your favorite nutjob and mine, Hulda Clark: The Cure for All Diseases.

    As I had a little time to kill, I decided to sit in one of the comfy overstuffed chairs supplied for
    casual browsers.

    This book is a "laff-riot", "I howled until I thought I was going to pee my pants!", "Move over,
    Carrot Top, there's a new funny (wo)man on the circuit!" -- should have read the blurbs on the
    back cover.

    Just a few of the gems I found by randomly flipping through the first 150 pages or so:

    1) Benzene causes AIDS. (p36)

    2) Male pattern baldness is caused by an allergic reaction to nickel in scalp sweat. (p126)

    3) You CAN'T get the HIV virus unless you already have F. buskii.
    (p150)

    4) In a chapter on pain, she has this to say about chest pain: Chest pain is caused by
    a) an allergic reaction
    b) esophageal spasms from trapped gallstones
    c) AIDS
    d) benzene
    e) radon...

    ...not a single word about cardiac origins of chest pain, and she even describes the above as being
    causes of chest pain that feels like pressure and radiates up into the neck. Her recommended
    "treatment" is to drink Epsom salts or take Valerian. (pp149-150)

    Particularly regarding #4, is there anyone here who wouldn't describe it as the MALpractice of
    medicine if someone (without a medical license, but who calls herself "Dr. Clark") told a chest pain
    sufferer that all they had was a trapped gallstone and all they need do is drink some Epsom salts?

    Can there be any question that this is a dangerous, deluded woman? No WONDER she's even been kicked
    out of Tijuana.

    Mark, MD

    Tags:

  2. Gymmie Bob

    Gymmie Bob Guest

    Don't ya' just hate it when her remedies really work though and you just can't understand the
    technology involved?

    See ya' on the operating table sucker!

    "Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]ting.google.com...
    > I was at our local chain bookstore tonight, picking up some Solzhenitsyn, when I found myself
    > wandering through the Humor...uh, "alternative Health"...aisle. Whose name did I see on the
    > binding of a book? Your favorite nutjob and mine, Hulda Clark: The Cure for All Diseases.
    >
    > As I had a little time to kill, I decided to sit in one of the comfy overstuffed chairs supplied
    > for casual browsers.
    >
    > This book is a "laff-riot", "I howled until I thought I was going to pee my pants!", "Move over,
    > Carrot Top, there's a new funny (wo)man on the circuit!" -- should have read the blurbs on the
    > back cover.
    >
    > Just a few of the gems I found by randomly flipping through the first 150 pages or so:
    >
    > 1) Benzene causes AIDS. (p36)
    >
    > 2) Male pattern baldness is caused by an allergic reaction to nickel in scalp sweat. (p126)
    >
    > 3) You CAN'T get the HIV virus unless you already have F. buskii.
    > (p150)
    >
    > 4) In a chapter on pain, she has this to say about chest pain: Chest pain is caused by
    > a) an allergic reaction
    > b) esophageal spasms from trapped gallstones
    > c) AIDS
    > d) benzene
    > e) radon...
    >
    > ...not a single word about cardiac origins of chest pain, and she even describes the above as
    > being causes of chest pain that feels like pressure and radiates up into the neck. Her recommended
    > "treatment" is to drink Epsom salts or take Valerian. (pp149-150)
    >
    > Particularly regarding #4, is there anyone here who wouldn't describe it as the MALpractice of
    > medicine if someone (without a medical license, but who calls herself "Dr. Clark") told a chest
    > pain sufferer that all they had was a trapped gallstone and all they need do is drink some
    > Epsom salts?
    >
    > Can there be any question that this is a dangerous, deluded woman? No WONDER she's even been
    > kicked out of Tijuana.
    >
    > Mark, MD

  3. "Gymmie Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Don't ya' just hate it when her remedies really work though and you just can't understand the
    > technology involved?
    >

    > See ya' on the operating table sucker!

    If you have chest pain and treat it with valerian or epsom salts, we may be seeing you on the
    morgue table.

    --Rich