More girlie bits problems!

d_diver

Jul 23, 2003
Hi folks

Bit of a sensitive issue here. Just started using a turbo trainer in the house now that the weather has turnt nasty. And I am experiencing problems with my 'girlie bits'. I find that after about 15 mins in the saddle I feel like I have broken glass down there. One night last week I pushed on and thought I'll get used to it and ended up with slight blood spots! Was not impressed.

I have a big padded gel saddle on the bike and it seems to make no difference. Despite having tilted the saddle as far as I can (it doesn't seem to go up and down only along the bracket?) it still seems to point up in the air when the bike is on the trainer.

I have another saddle on my moutain bike that at first hurt me but now is like a comfy armchair but at first hurt me too. Do you think this is a specific trainer problem ie it is the angle caused by the back wheel being raised? Or should I experiment with different saddles? Do you think that trying my other saddle is worth a try (I share my trainer and trainer bike with my hubby and he is already displeased at the girly seat). Just looking for any advice anyone has as I fear I am not going to use the trainer when it hurts so mcuh!

DD

The raised back wheel has changed your "angle of attack", and is now putting pressure on parts that are not used to cycling. Raise the front wheel by sticking a telephone directory under it, so that the bike is level.
Under no circumstance should you change your bike setup to compensate for a staitionary trainer.