    web site for excellent food recommendations:

    http://www.pcrm.org

    More heart attack threat for younger persons

    PTI Friday, January 23, 2004

    Bangalore - Indians were at a higher risk of developing coronary artery disease and had an increased
    chance of a heart attack at a younger age, a study by a Bangalore-based heart institute said.

    According to the findings of a study conducted over a period of three years in which 1,624
    patients were assessed, a proportionate increase in patients with heart attacks was found in the
    age group 45-55 during the period, Dr Ranganath Nayak, Interventional Cardiologist Wockhardt Heart
    Institute, said.

    Out of this (1,624 patients), 34 per cent were women and the risk factors were diabetes,
    hypertension, high cholesterol, family history and smoking, he told reporters here on Friday.

    The study highlights the need for prevention in Indians and also the need to change the "modifiable
    risk factors like diabetes and smoking," he said.

    "We have come across more incidence of heart disease in Kerala and Gujarat, which may be attributed
    to the eating patterns," he said.

    The Institute also conducted a study on the new advancement of patients undergoing angioplasty with
    drug eluting stent and found that "out of the 301 patients who have undergone the procedure with the
    stent, less than 1 per cent had recurrence of block," Nayak said.

    More at: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/441820.cms

    Visit the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine web site for excellent food recommendations:

    http://www.pcrm.org

    Jai Maharaj http://www.mantra.com/jai Om Shanti

    Panchaang for 6 Maagh 5104, Tuesday, January 27, 2004:

    Shubhanu Nama Samvatsare Uttarayane Moksha Ritau Makara Mase Shukl Pakshe Mangal Vasara Yuktayam Revati-
    Ashvini Nakshatr Siddh-Sadhya Yog Gar Karan Saptami Yam Tithau

    Hindu Holocaust Museum http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

    Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy http://www.hindu.org http://www.hindunet.org

    The truth about Islam and Muslims http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

    o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used for the educational purposes of research and
    open discussion. The contents of this post may not have been authored by, and do not
    necessarily represent the opinion of the poster. The contents are protected by copyright law
    and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works. o If you send private e-mail to me, it
    will likely not be read, considered or answered if it does not contain your full legal name,
    current e-mail and postal addresses, and live-voice telephone number. o Posted for information
    and discussion. Views expressed by others are not necessarily those of the poster.

    Tags:

  2. Mr. 4x

    Mr. 4x Guest

  3. Harmony

    Harmony Guest

    "Dr. Jai Maharaj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Visit the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine web site for excellent food
    > recommendations:
    >
    > http://www.pcrm.org
    >
    > More heart attack threat for younger persons
    >
    > PTI Friday, January 23, 2004
    >
    > Bangalore - Indians were at a higher risk of developing coronary artery disease

    the hindus are fast becoming endangered specie, and are getting displaced from their hearths due to
    mommedan ever increasing encroachment. just look at indian boundary states, specially near
    bangladesh border. they better not succumb to an attack from within.