Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 20:17:35 -0700
From: "John Gardiner" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Meetings tonight! Mtn Vw Bike Park, MROSD Watershed

Tonight, Ryan Kauffman and I attended the first part of the Mountain
View meeting, long enough to voice our support for the bike/dirt jump
park. I encouraged the City to think about building this for both kids
and adults and enlisting the help of volunteers. The P&R committee was
very receptive and mentioned that they had heard a lot of support from
the community for this project. So our letters helped, thanks!

A woman (Paula?) who works with the City pulled us aside after the
meeting to describe how the Mountain View had worked for some time to
find the right location for a bike park. She mentioned the jumps on
the side of Stevens Creek Trail and how the City may plow them once
this new facility has been created, as the unsanctioned jumps have
raised concerns about disturbances to the riparian area. A valid
concern, IMHO.

On 5/9/07, Josh <[email protected]> wrote:
Tonight is a big night for meetings in Mtn Vw and Los altos. Nothing
will be decided tonight however.

Mountain View Parks and Rec - Bike Park
A few of us may show up at 7PM at the mountain View parks and Rec
commission meeting in the Community room of the Mountain View Library
to express our interest in a bike park in mountain view during the
public comment period. This happens right at the beginning of the
meeting so be sure to be there before 7PM if you want to provide
public comment on a non agenda item. If you go, you can leave right
after the public input period. If you are a resident of Mountain View,
work in Mountain View, and especially if you have kids in Mountain
view, it would be worthwhile to stop by and say something. Some time
in the future the bike park will be an actual agenda item. at that
time your support will be really appreciated.
http://www.romp.org/modules.php?op=...e=article&sid=237&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
MROSD is having 2 presentations on watershed habitat for salmonoid
species in the La Honda Creek watershed, as well as the San
Francisquito Creek watershed. La honda Creek open Space preserve is
currently under master plan and the results of the study will impact
the master plan.

The San Francisquito watershed includes Teague Hill OSP which may
someday contain a multiuse alignment of the Bay Area Ridge Trail, or
the land that hosts ill fated Squealer Gulch alignment may be
transferred to MROSD and annexed to this preserve.

The MROSD meeting starts at 7:30 and is held on Distel Circle in Los
Altos, just of el Camino Real.
http://www.openspace.org/about_us/

--
Responsible Organized Mountain Pedalers