more intelligent computers

Miles

Guest
Hello Group,

I am not good at keeping a constant cadence. If the computer
measures the cadence, caompares it to an upper and a lower
limit, and sounds off, that would be nice. Are there such
computers on the market?

Thanks.

Miles

I saw the subject line and wondered if the OP was proposing a touring
test...

Guy
--
"then came ye chavves, theyre cartes girded wyth candels
blue, and theyre beastes wyth straynge horn-lyke thyngs

On 3 Dec 2004 18:46:17 -0800, [email protected] (Miles) wrote:

>Hello Group,
>
>I am not good at keeping a constant cadence. If the computer
>measures the cadence, caompares it to an upper and a lower
>limit, and sounds off, that would be nice. Are there such
>computers on the market?

I think the new wireless Cateye does.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> I saw the subject line and wondered if the OP was

proposing a touring
> test...

That's a truly awful pun.
I'm sorry I didn't think of it first.

Miles wrote:
|| Hello Group,
|| I am not good at keeping a constant cadence. If the computer
|| measures the cadence, caompares it to an upper and a lower
|| limit, and sounds off, that would be nice. Are there such
|| computers on the market?

With a simple handlebar mount, you can just look at your bike computer to
make sure you're within range. The problem, I think, with a sound
generating computer is that you might not always be able to hear it due to
wind noise generated by riding or anyother noise.

Roger Zoul writes:

>> I am not good at keeping a constant cadence. If the computer
>> measures the cadence, caompares it to an upper and a lower
>> limit, and sounds off, that would be nice. Are there such
>> computers on the market?
>>

> With a simple handlebar mount, you can just look at your bike computer to
> make sure you're within range. The problem, I think, with a sound
> generating computer is that you might not always be able to hear it due to
> wind noise generated by riding or anyother noise.

That could be fixed by using a high voltage discharge device connected
to the saddle to zap the rider whenever a cadence error occurs. Is
this really a problem, and who cares? Why?

Jobst Brandt
[email protected]

[email protected] wrote:
||| With a simple handlebar mount, you can just look at your bike
||| computer to make sure you're within range. The problem, I think,
||| with a sound generating computer is that you might not always be
||| able to hear it due to wind noise generated by riding or anyother
||| noise.
|| That could be fixed by using a high voltage discharge device
|| connected
|| to the saddle to zap the rider whenever a cadence error occurs. Is
|| this really a problem, and who cares? Why?

Not being able to hear a sound or cadence going out of range? I think
simply mounting the bike computer where it is easily seen is an easy
solution for someone who wants to try to maintain cadence. I typically can
monitor my cadence very easily this way.

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:17:39 GMT, [email protected]
wrote:

>That could be fixed by using a high voltage discharge device connected
>to the saddle to zap the rider whenever a cadence error occurs. Is
>this really a problem, and who cares? Why?
>
>Jobst Brandt
>[email protected]

Well, it's not a problem for you or me, but apparently it is for the
OP.

Life is Good!
Jeff