more junk from the sunshine state

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    I think these have been seen on arbr before. Anyway whoever is selling/making this junk is not the
    first to use a cheap wal mart Y frame mountain bike as a platform. I can only imagine what it is
    like to be sitting on one of these while going over a speed bump with the seat back stays attached
    directly to the rear swing arm. check it out at---- http://filus.net/index.htm

    Tags:

  2. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    I think these have been seen on arbr before. Anyway whoever is selling/making this junk is not the
    first to use a cheap wal mart Y frame mountain bike as a platform. I can only imagine what it is
    like to be sitting on one of these while going over a speed bump with the seat back stays attached
    directly to the rear swing arm. check it out at---- http://filus.net/index.htm

  3. <Chas>

    <Chas> Guest

    Link doesn't work for me.

    <Chas> Haluzak Hybrid Race

    "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I think these have been seen on arbr before. Anyway whoever is selling/making this junk is not the
    > first to use a cheap wal mart Y frame mountain bike as a platform. I can only imagine what it is
    > like to be sitting on one of these while going over a speed bump with the seat back stays attached
    > directly to the rear swing arm. check it out at---- http://filus.net/index.htm

  4. <Chas>

    <Chas> Guest

    Link doesn't work for me.

    <Chas> Haluzak Hybrid Race

    "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I think these have been seen on arbr before. Anyway whoever is selling/making this junk is not the
    > first to use a cheap wal mart Y frame mountain bike as a platform. I can only imagine what it is
    > like to be sitting on one of these while going over a speed bump with the seat back stays attached
    > directly to the rear swing arm. check it out at---- http://filus.net/index.htm

  5. Bill your link did not work. "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I think these have been seen on arbr before. Anyway whoever is selling/making this junk is not the
    > first to use a cheap wal mart Y frame mountain bike as a platform. I can only imagine what it is
    > like to be sitting on one of these while going over a speed bump with the seat back stays attached
    > directly to the rear swing arm. check it out at---- http://filus.net/index.htm

  6. Bill your link did not work. "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I think these have been seen on arbr before. Anyway whoever is selling/making this junk is not the
    > first to use a cheap wal mart Y frame mountain bike as a platform. I can only imagine what it is
    > like to be sitting on one of these while going over a speed bump with the seat back stays attached
    > directly to the rear swing arm. check it out at---- http://filus.net/index.htm

  7. "Bill B" skrev...
    > I think these have been seen on arbr before. Anyway whoever is selling/making this junk is not the
    > first to use a cheap wal mart Y frame mountain bike as a platform. I can only imagine what it is
    > like to be sitting on one of these while going over a speed bump with the seat back stays attached
    > directly to the rear swing arm. check it out at---- http://filus.net/index.htm

    Seen them before actually. The model 5 is pretty sneaky. Looks like he cut off the part of the
    Y-frame that supports the saddle and used it up front as a boom.

    M.

  8. "Bill B" skrev...
    > I think these have been seen on arbr before. Anyway whoever is selling/making this junk is not the
    > first to use a cheap wal mart Y frame mountain bike as a platform. I can only imagine what it is
    > like to be sitting on one of these while going over a speed bump with the seat back stays attached
    > directly to the rear swing arm. check it out at---- http://filus.net/index.htm

    Seen them before actually. The model 5 is pretty sneaky. Looks like he cut off the part of the
    Y-frame that supports the saddle and used it up front as a boom.

    M.

  9. Hillel

    Hillel Guest

    "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I think these have been seen on arbr before. Anyway whoever is selling/making this junk is not the
    > first to use a cheap wal mart Y frame mountain bike as a platform. I can only imagine what it is
    > like to be sitting on one of these while going over a speed bump with the seat back stays attached
    > directly to the rear swing arm. check it out at---- http://filus.net/index.htm

    So, he finally set up his own web site instead of just using eBay. I once asked him about his design
    since I was considering doing something with a dual-20" Y-frame kid's bike that I have, and he
    responded that the seat bottom and back are hinged, so the back moves with the swing arm. (Assuming
    I read his e-mail right, his English is terrible.) That was for his "A4" bike that the side-by-side
    tandem is now made from. He also once made a FWD/PS delta trike that looked really scary. I wonder
    if he really ever expects to ask his "regular" prices?

  10. Hillel

    Hillel Guest

    "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I think these have been seen on arbr before. Anyway whoever is selling/making this junk is not the
    > first to use a cheap wal mart Y frame mountain bike as a platform. I can only imagine what it is
    > like to be sitting on one of these while going over a speed bump with the seat back stays attached
    > directly to the rear swing arm. check it out at---- http://filus.net/index.htm

    So, he finally set up his own web site instead of just using eBay. I once asked him about his design
    since I was considering doing something with a dual-20" Y-frame kid's bike that I have, and he
    responded that the seat bottom and back are hinged, so the back moves with the swing arm. (Assuming
    I read his e-mail right, his English is terrible.) That was for his "A4" bike that the side-by-side
    tandem is now made from. He also once made a FWD/PS delta trike that looked really scary. I wonder
    if he really ever expects to ask his "regular" prices?

  11. working now, but V E R Y slow.

    > Bill your link did not work. "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I think these have been seen on arbr before. Anyway whoever is selling/making this junk is not
    > > the first to use a cheap wal mart Y frame mountain bike as a platform. I can only imagine what
    > > it is like to be sitting on one of these while going over a speed bump with the seat back stays
    > > attached directly to the rear swing arm. check it out at---- http://filus.net/index.htm

  12. working now, but V E R Y slow.