More Killer Squid!

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
Once again, aus.bicycle is under attack from our cephelapodian overlords.

Yes, the GIANT KILLER SQUID ARE BACK.

Be brave and stand together against this outsought. Together we can stop this impending Malthusian catastrophe and being turned into solyent green.

Now I'm off to adjust the pretty red anodised headset spacers on my roadie.

:)

gplama <[email protected]> wrote:

> cfsmtb Wrote:
>> Once again, aus.bicycle is under attack from our cephelapodian
>> overlords.
>>
>> Yes, the GIANT KILLER SQUID ARE BACK.
>>

> but are they driving Commodore wagons through a round-a-bout at high
> speed?

Without helmets! Yikes!

--
..dt

cfsmtb said:
Once again, aus.bicycle is under attack from our cephelapodian overlords.

Yes, the GIANT KILLER SQUID ARE BACK.

Be brave and stand together against this outsought. Together we can stop this impending Malthusian catastrophe and being turned into solyent green.

Now I'm off to adjust the pretty red anodised headset spacers on my roadie.

:)
To many big words....WTF :eek:

cfsmtb said:
Once again, aus.bicycle is under attack from our cephelapodian overlords.

Yes, the GIANT KILLER SQUID ARE BACK.

Be brave and stand together against this outsought. Together we can stop this impending Malthusian catastrophe and being turned into solyent green.

Now I'm off to adjust the pretty red anodised headset spacers on my roadie.

:)

I, for one, welcome our new cthuloid overlords.

So...would a being with a readily deformable squidly head be more or less likely to benefit from a helmet? Or is a great elder god likely to be too hardcore to care?

Resound wrote:
> cfsmtb Wrote:
> > Once again, aus.bicycle is under attack from our cephelapodian
> > overlords.
> >
> > Yes, the GIANT KILLER SQUID ARE BACK.
> >
> > Be brave and stand together against this outsought. Together we can
> > stop this impending Malthusian catastrophe and being turned into
> > solyent green.
> >

> > Now I'm off to adjust the pretty red anodised headset spacers on my
> > roadie.
> >
> > :)

> I, for one, welcome our new cthuloid overlords.
>
> So...would a being with a readily deformable squidly head be more or
> less likely to benefit from a helmet? Or is a great elder god likely to
> be too hardcore to care?

If you had a beowulf cluster of them, maybe

> --
> Resound

"Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Resound wrote:
>> cfsmtb Wrote:
>> > Once again, aus.bicycle is under attack from our cephelapodian
>> > overlords.
>> >
>> > Yes, the GIANT KILLER SQUID ARE BACK.
>> >
>> > Be brave and stand together against this outsought. Together we can
>> > stop this impending Malthusian catastrophe and being turned into
>> > solyent green.
>> >

>> > Now I'm off to adjust the pretty red anodised headset spacers on my
>> > roadie.
>> >
>> > :)

>> I, for one, welcome our new cthuloid overlords.
>>
>> So...would a being with a readily deformable squidly head be more or
>> less likely to benefit from a helmet? Or is a great elder god likely to
>> be too hardcore to care?

> If you had a beowulf cluster of them, maybe

Gad...I haven't so much as looked at Slashdot for AGES.

Resound said:
I, for one, welcome our new cthuloid overlords.

So...would a being with a readily deformable squidly head be more or less likely to benefit from a helmet? Or is a great elder god likely to be too hardcore to care?

Actually a Medusa-like head would be a superb commuting accessory. Imagine all those little dancing snakeheads poking out of the ventilation vents. Scaring the living bejesus out of any potential cager within range.

Cool. ;)

cfsmtb said:
Actually a Medusa-like head would be a superb commuting accessory. Imagine all those little dancing snakeheads poking out of the ventilation vents. Scaring the living bejesus out of any potential cager within range.

Cool. ;)
I want one...(makes phone call....."mom !, can you knit me a scaring the living bejesus Medusa thingy?...wot!!, that's my ex's mother ?"...noice one mom!)

Salt and Pepper Giant Killer Squid

• 600kg Giant Killer Squid Tubes, halved lengthways
• 250 litres lemon juice
• 250kg cornflour (cornstarch)
• 3kg tablespoons salt
• 3kg ground white pepper
• 6kg caster (superfine) sugar
• 2400 egg whites, lightly beaten
• 20 litres oil, for deep-frying
• wedges from 2 lemon trees, for serving
• coriander (cilantro) leaves, for garnish

Open out the squid tubes, wash and pat dry. Lay on a chopping board with the inside facing upwards. Score a fine diamond pattern on the squid, being careful not to cut all the way through. Cut into pieces about 5 x 3 cm (2 x inches). Place in a non-metallic dish and pour the lemon juice over the top. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry.

Combine the cornflour, salt, white pepper and sugar in a bowl. Dip the squid into the egg white and then into the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.

Fill a deep-fat fryer or large saucepan one-third full of oil and heat to 180C (350F), or until a small cube of white bread dropped into the oil turns golden brown in 15 seconds. Cook batches of the squid for 1-2 minutes, or until the flesh turns white and curls. Drain on crumpled paper towels.

Serve with lemon wedges and garnish with coriander.

cfsmtb said:
Actually a Medusa-like head would be a superb commuting accessory. Imagine all those little dancing snakeheads poking out of the ventilation vents. Scaring the living bejesus out of any potential cager within range.

Cool. ;)

Ooh, I like. I'm imagining a sudden mysterious rash of car crashes where the driver appears to have spontaneously and profoundly calcified.

cfsmtb wrote:
> dtmeister Wrote:
>
>>Without helmets! Yikes!

> Western civilisation crumbles!

Nah, just the southern hemisphere. Northern Hemisphere's getting by
just fine without helmets.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

cfsmtb wrote:
> Resound Wrote:
>
>>I, for one, welcome our new cthuloid overlords.
>>
>>So...would a being with a readily deformable squidly head be more or
>>less likely to benefit from a helmet? Or is a great elder god likely to
>>be too hardcore to care?

> Actually a Medusa-like head would be a superb commuting accessory.
> Imagine all those little dancing snakeheads poking out of the
> ventilation vents. Scaring the living bejesus out of any potential
> cager within range.

Used to roleplay Cthullu. On encountering an elder the first test was
whether you retained your sanity. I'm not sure I want to inflict
insanity on people who are controlling cars.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

Are you talking about Cthulu?

"Paulie-AU" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:p[email protected]...

> cfsmtb Wrote:
>> Once again, aus.bicycle is under attack from our cephelapodian
>> overlords.
>>
>> Yes, the GIANT KILLER SQUID ARE BACK.
>>
>> Be brave and stand together against this outsought. Together we can
>> stop this impending Malthusian catastrophe and being turned into
>> solyent green.
>>

>> Now I'm off to adjust the pretty red anodised headset spacers on my
>> roadie.
>>
>> :)

> To many big words....WTF :eek:
>

> --
> Paulie-AU
>

> Your thoughts?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Vince

Hmmmm My thoughts on obscure twitchiness? Hmmm I own a TCR :)
might just have been a patch of damp but check that you can't distort
the rim with your hands = loose spokes

Dave

Vincent Patrick wrote:

> Your thoughts?

I think that was a prize-winning shaggy dog. My old Dad would be proud
of one like that!

Donga

On Wed, 31 May 2006 22:31:07 +0800, Vincent Patrick wrote:

> Has anyone here experienced something like this?

Any noises to go with the wobble? You can get interesting effects when
the chain slips, and if you've just been cruising then it might not show
up until you stomp a bit. This could be worn chain or cluster,
particularly if one has just been replaced while the other is old.

If you've been riding OK then I'd be surprised if it was low blood sugar
or cramping muscles, unless you were feeling really flat anyway. I find I
know I'm fading fast, but can ride hard for a minute or so before I start
really feeling ****.

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
"Reading computer manuals without the hardware is as frustrating as