More Motorola/Postal members admit doping



Bro Deal

New Member
Jun 26, 2006
6,698
2
0
Frankie Andreu and another anonymous teammate have admitted doping to the New York Times. Andreu also confirms most of what Swart has said about Motorola doping for the 1995 TdF.

http://tinyurl.com/f8475

I guess at this point it would be a suprise to find an Armstrong teammate who was not doping.
 

tcklyde

New Member
Dec 17, 2003
1,437
0
0
45
Bro Deal said:
Frankie Andreu and another anonymous teammate have admitted doping to the New York Times. Andreu also confirms most of what Swart has said about Motorola doping for the 1995 TdF.

http://tinyurl.com/f8475

I guess at this point it would be a suprise to find an Armstrong teammate who was not doping.

It's a good article. What a classy guy Armstrong is: he will absolutely throw you to the curb if you attempt to tell the truth about doping the peloton. He treats his former friend and teammate like an enemy.

This part, from the end of the article, really summed up the state of cycling:

Ivan Basso of Italy, Jan Ullrich of Germany and Francisco Mancebo of Spain — who finished second, third and fourth when Armstrong won the 2005 Tour — were all implicated in the Spanish scandal. Government and sports authorities continue to investigate them.

One of Armstrong’s former lieutenants, the 2004 Olympic champion Tyler Hamilton, was also named in the Spanish investigation. His two-year suspension for blood doping in 2004 ends this month, but his future remains uncertain. The cycling union said it would seek a lifetime ban for Hamilton if he were found guilty of wrongdoing in the Spanish case.

Another former lieutenant of Armstrong’s, Roberto Heras of Spain, tested positive for EPO last year. He is serving a two-year suspension.

Landis, meanwhile, could be stripped of his Tour title. The United States Anti-Doping Agency is expected to decide whether to charge Landis with a doping violation sometime in the next week, according to Landis’s lawyer, Howard Jacobs.

All of those cyclists have denied using performance-enhancing drugs, but antidoping officials hope that will change, if those athletes have, indeed, doped.
 

Bro Deal

New Member
Jun 26, 2006
6,698
2
0
tcklyde said:
You gotta think the anonymous person must be Vaughters...
Probably so as it mentions that he person is still involved with cycling. I have heard that riders such as Marty Jemison and Kevin Livingston are not too coy about talking about what was going on.

It would be nice if more retired riders came forward.
 

fscyclist

New Member
Jul 30, 2006
753
0
0
Bro Deal said:
Frankie Andreu and another anonymous teammate have admitted doping to the New York Times. Andreu also confirms most of what Swart has said about Motorola doping for the 1995 TdF.

http://tinyurl.com/f8475

I guess at this point it would be a suprise to find an Armstrong teammate who was not doping.
Thanks for the link. I thought the interview/story was a little scant on details. I wouldn't be surprised if Frankie is saving those for a nice book deal.
 

waxbytes

New Member
Aug 4, 2004
188
1
18
tcklyde said:
You gotta think the anonymous person must be Vaughters...
Perhaps, but I thought Vaughters had a high natural hemocrit level and actually had an exception to the 50% rule? If so, it's hard to see how blood doping could have been much use to Vaughters.
 

bobke

New Member
Oct 3, 2004
2,134
1
0
The other rider stated he would not come out and reveal who he is to preserve his job in cycling.
Hamilton? no
Livingston? no
Vaughters? set the record on Ventoux that year
Jean Cyrin Robin?
was on 99 team
I think it would be Vaughters.

Nothing new here.
How nice of Frankie and his wife to hang Lance out to dry in hours and hours of depositions--and he was the one doping. Interesting I think Frankie denied under oath ever having doped himself, cant recall for sure.

So if you had doped as a professional rider for years, why would you go out of your way to testify about a teammate who you really dont know if he doped or not? WHy would you get caught up in a cops and robbers insanity that Frankie did? What a desperate guy and a tool.
I feel bad for him. He doped just to have a job.
But now his wife is still out in the press blaming Lance for Frankie doping, literally. Nice touch Mrs Andreu.

Read velonews.
 

helmutRoole2

New Member
Jul 7, 2006
1,948
0
0
57
bobke said:
Nothing new here.
How nice of Frankie and his wife to hang Lance out to dry in hours and hours of depositions--and he was the one doping.

He doped just to have a job.

But now his wife is still out in the press blaming Lance for Frankie doping, literally. Nice touch Mrs Andreu.
Not to be crass, but can you entertain the possibility that Armstrong was doped?
 

whiteboytrash

New Member
Mar 9, 2005
5,402
0
0
Maybe Armstrong was the rider who took EPO and didn't want to be named ? :p

bobke said:
The other rider stated he would not come out and reveal who he is to preserve his job in cycling.
Hamilton? no
Livingston? no
Vaughters? set the record on Ventoux that year
Jean Cyrin Robin?
was on 99 team
I think it would be Vaughters.

Nothing new here.
How nice of Frankie and his wife to hang Lance out to dry in hours and hours of depositions--and he was the one doping. Interesting I think Frankie denied under oath ever having doped himself, cant recall for sure.

So if you had doped as a professional rider for years, why would you go out of your way to testify about a teammate who you really dont know if he doped or not? WHy would you get caught up in a cops and robbers insanity that Frankie did? What a desperate guy and a tool.
I feel bad for him. He doped just to have a job.
But now his wife is still out in the press blaming Lance for Frankie doping, literally. Nice touch Mrs Andreu.

Read velonews.
 

bobke

New Member
Oct 3, 2004
2,134
1
0
whiteboytrash said:
Maybe Armstrong was the rider who took EPO and didn't want to be named ? :p
NOW THAT IS FUNNY.
DUDE YOU ARE FUNNY.
I take it all back about your sister and mother.

Folks, the fact theat LA probably doped is not even up for question.
Who cares. Its obvious isnt it. What are you guys waiting for, a Supreme Court Decision.

I think its weird how Besty Andreu keeps blaming Lance for Frankie doping, the attacks on 9/11, the recent lunar eclipse and the price of potato chips in Malaysia. Somebody get her some medicine!!!!
 

whiteboytrash

New Member
Mar 9, 2005
5,402
0
0
You never know ! The fact that he can't keep writing books about winning the Tour, he could write confessionals about his lurid druggy traumas and using hotel bar fridges in strange ways to store gear....


bobke said:
NOW THAT IS FUNNY.
DUDE YOU ARE FUNNY.
I take it all back about your sister and mother.

Folks, the fact theat LA probably doped is not even up for question.
Who cares. Its obvious isnt it. What are you guys waiting for, a Supreme Court Decision.

I think its weird how Besty Andreu keeps blaming Lance for Frankie doping, the attacks on 9/11, the recent lunar eclipse and the price of potato chips in Malaysia. Somebody get her some medicine!!!!
 

helmutRoole2

New Member
Jul 7, 2006
1,948
0
0
57
bobke said:
NOW THAT IS FUNNY.
DUDE YOU ARE FUNNY.
I take it all back about your sister and mother.

Folks, the fact theat LA probably doped is not even up for question.
Who cares. Its obvious isnt it. What are you guys waiting for, a Supreme Court Decision.

I think its weird how Besty Andreu keeps blaming Lance for Frankie doping, the attacks on 9/11, the recent lunar eclipse and the price of potato chips in Malaysia. Somebody get her some medicine!!!!
I hear you, but if he did dope, that means every cycling fan had to endure seven years of crappy TdF routs. Add to that his willingness to lie about it or play bait-and-switch for all this time... it's all very Bushwellian to me. I find it disturbing. In fact, if it's true, I'm fucking ******. I for one won't be, "He cheated and got away with it. Oh well."

But, it sounds like the guy has formed some very loving relationships with his teammates over the years. I'm sure a lot of people with no financial interest will be willing to stand behind him because he's such a givng, caring person.
 

bobke

New Member
Oct 3, 2004
2,134
1
0
helmutRoole2 said:
I hear you, but if he did dope, that means every cycling fan had to endure seven years of crappy TdF routs. Add to that his willingness to lie about it or play bait-and-switch for all this time... it's all very Bushwellian to me. I find it disturbing. In fact, if it's true, I'm fucking ******. I for one won't be, "He cheated and got away with it. Oh well."

But, it sounds like the guy has formed some very loving relationships with his teammates over the years. I'm sure a lot of people with no financial interest will be willing to stand behind him because he's such a givng, caring person.
I take it all back about WBT.
HelmetDrool, YOU ARE FUNNY.
I take it all back about the gerbils and hamsters.
YOU ARE ONE FUNNY DUDE.

giving, caring person, loving relationships!!!!!!!!!!!
hardy har har.
helmut is one funny dude!!!!!!!
leys give it up ya for HELMUT Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!
 

helmutRoole2

New Member
Jul 7, 2006
1,948
0
0
57
bobke said:
I take it all back about WBT.
HelmetDrool, YOU ARE FUNNY.
I take it all back about the gerbils and hamsters.
YOU ARE ONE FUNNY DUDE.

giving, caring person, loving relationships!!!!!!!!!!!
hardy har har.
helmut is one funny dude!!!!!!!
leys give it up ya for HELMUT Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry. I've insulted your hero. You must defend his good name. I understand that now. I'll leave you to your jar of vasiline, your yellow ***** collection and seven sticky TdF DVDs.

You're right.

I am funny.
 

wineandkeyz

New Member
Sep 30, 2003
363
0
0
WTF?!? Now Andreu is backpedaling? (No pun intended.) Or was he misquoted in the NYT? (No surprise if he was...)

The Times claimed that Andreu admitted to taking EPO in prep for the 1999 Tour. But in Andreu's statement released today (http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10853.0.html), he says:

The article mentions a specific date but I never mentioned the time frame of my mistakes...

When I took EPO, before it was banned...

EPO was banned before 1999, right?
 

tcklyde

New Member
Dec 17, 2003
1,437
0
0
45
bobke said:
The other rider stated he would not come out and reveal who he is to preserve his job in cycling.
Hamilton? no
Livingston? no
Vaughters? set the record on Ventoux that year
Jean Cyrin Robin?
was on 99 team
I think it would be Vaughters.

Nothing new here.
How nice of Frankie and his wife to hang Lance out to dry in hours and hours of depositions--and he was the one doping. Interesting I think Frankie denied under oath ever having doped himself, cant recall for sure.

So if you had doped as a professional rider for years, why would you go out of your way to testify about a teammate who you really dont know if he doped or not? WHy would you get caught up in a cops and robbers insanity that Frankie did? What a desperate guy and a tool.
I feel bad for him. He doped just to have a job.
But now his wife is still out in the press blaming Lance for Frankie doping, literally. Nice touch Mrs Andreu.

Read velonews.

Robin wasn't on the 1999 Tour Team, he ws on La Française des Jeux.
 

wolfix

New Member
Mar 11, 2005
2,756
0
0
tcklyde said:
Robin wasn't on the 1999 Tour Team, he ws on La Française des Jeux.
Anyone that is shocked to hear or disgusted with a rider because he doped has to ask himself why he is a fan. 1st of all, Euro procycling has had dope as a main ingrediant before any of us was even born. Everyone claims they want a clean TDF. That is silly. How would anyone know they want a clean TDF when there never has been one. What attracted you to the sport was watching doped riders push themselves to the edge year after year.
The doping practices of the TDF riders is well documented, more is known about that then the equipment champions ride on.
 

JohnO

New Member
Jul 5, 2003
1,495
0
0
Personally, I find Frankie to be a bit of a hypocrite. He comes 'clean', only when he can't make money off of cycling any more, and only when he can make money on a doping book, which is sure to follow. Much as one would like to think that he's doing it for the 'good of the sport', he appears to be doing it for largely financial reasons, and possibly a bit of crushed ego as well. If it were for the good of the sport, he'd have spoken up a long time ago.

The real shame is that the true villans in this mess are not the riders, it is the organizations on top that have left enough loopholes to allow juicing, looked the other way, paid lip service and precious little else to the doping issue. As long as the money kept rolling in, anything goes. They held out a multimillion dollar/euro payday in front of a lot of hard working people if only you bend the rules a bit, well what do you think would happen?

And those organizations still protect themselves. They have all of you demonizing the riders as evil people. How many of you would turn down retiring at age 30 with twenty mil in the bank, all for the sake of an ideal that no one else holds to? You want to be outraged - be outraged at the organizations who created these conditions, profited from them, all while letting the riders take the health risks and the blame. The UCI and WADA - they're getting off easy. And let's not forget the footballers - their involvment with Fuentes has been kept more secret than nuclear launch codes. Wouldn't do to disturb the World Cup.

It's all part of the show, folks. We make the money, and the riders take all of the risks, and catch all of the blame from the 'outraged' fans. Works out very nicely, don't you think?
 

helmutRoole2

New Member
Jul 7, 2006
1,948
0
0
57
JohnO said:
Personally, I find Frankie to be a bit of a hypocrite. He comes 'clean', only when he can't make money off of cycling any more, and only when he can make money on a doping book, which is sure to follow. Much as one would like to think that he's doing it for the 'good of the sport', he appears to be doing it for largely financial reasons, and possibly a bit of crushed ego as well. If it were for the good of the sport, he'd have spoken up a long time ago.

The real shame is that the true villans in this mess are not the riders, it is the organizations on top that have left enough loopholes to allow juicing, looked the other way, paid lip service and precious little else to the doping issue. As long as the money kept rolling in, anything goes. They held out a multimillion dollar/euro payday in front of a lot of hard working people if only you bend the rules a bit, well what do you think would happen?

And those organizations still protect themselves. They have all of you demonizing the riders as evil people. How many of you would turn down retiring at age 30 with twenty mil in the bank, all for the sake of an ideal that no one else holds to? You want to be outraged - be outraged at the organizations who created these conditions, profited from them, all while letting the riders take the health risks and the blame. The UCI and WADA - they're getting off easy. And let's not forget the footballers - their involvment with Fuentes has been kept more secret than nuclear launch codes. Wouldn't do to disturb the World Cup.

It's all part of the show, folks. We make the money, and the riders take all of the risks, and catch all of the blame from the 'outraged' fans. Works out very nicely, don't you think?
Best post I've seen on this topic.
 

Meek One

New Member
May 5, 2004
629
0
0
wineandkeyz said:
WTF?!? Now Andreu is backpedaling? (No pun intended.) Or was he misquoted in the NYT? (No surprise if he was...)

The Times claimed that Andreu admitted to taking EPO in prep for the 1999 Tour. But in Andreu's statement released today (http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10853.0.html), he says:



EPO was banned before 1999, right?

Lance probably sent some goons over to his house to help him with his memory...