More Motorola/Postal members admit doping

hombredesubaru said:
Yeah, too bad Postal and Disco are so full of ****.
Meantime, Jan goes down....the real doper

Yeah, he's the only real doper. Damn German cheater. :rolleyes:

fscyclist said:
I think the reaction of many cycling officials to Andreu's statement is very telling. It's getting easier to sort out where people really stand.
No doubt. McQuaid rush to put down Andreu and defend Armstrong from any fallout was pathetic. Makes you wonder why the UCI goes out of its way to defend Armstrong's doping but willing to burn Hamilton, Ullrich, Basso, and Landis at the stake.

fscyclist said:
I think the reaction of many cycling officials to Andreu's statement is very telling. It's getting easier to sort out where people really stand.

Really? From the conflicts between the NYT story and Andreu's open letter, I can't even sort out where HE stands...

The NYT claims Andreu admitted to using EPO to prep for the 1999 tour. But Andreu denied that, saying that he NOT given the NYT any kind of time frame, but that he had used EPO before it was banned (which would have been before 1999). So did the NYT lie (or get careless) in their story, or is Andreu lying in his statement?

Andreu's abrupt denial follows a pattern, doesn't it? Remember when Prentis Steffen, the USPS doc, made several comments about doping - had to hastily issue a denial and resign. Yet what he was saying about blood doping has been borne out by OP.

I seem to remember VeloNews ran a story about how Steffen had been forced to retract by Armstrong's lawyer - and were then forced to give a similar statement retracting that story. Fact is, displease Armstrong and you'll be asked to retract at best or face a lawsuit - saying which, I guess he must have dropped his action against Emma O'Reilly...was that one he felt he couldn't win?

Armstrong must be extremely relieved that the US doesn't have doping laws like we do in Europe...

Bro Deal said:
No doubt. McQuaid rush to put down Andreu and defend Armstrong from any fallout was pathetic. Makes you wonder why the UCI goes out of its way to defend Armstrong's doping but willing to burn Hamilton, Ullrich, Basso, and Landis at the stake.

Armstrong (thnk of his name-ARM-STRONG) must have his own enforcers. :cool:

micron said:
I seem to remember VeloNews ran a story about how Steffen had been forced to retract by Armstrong's lawyer - and were then forced to give a similar statement retracting that story.
I seem to recall Velonews' website had such a statement that included a section that said that Armstrong's lawyers had threatened them and pretty much implied that most of the text was written to please Armstrong's lawyers. It only lasted a few hours and then the story was changed so that the section about the lawyers was removed, making the text seem like it was being issued by Velonews' own volition.

I lost a lot of respect for Velonews because of it. It is one thing to be forced to legally cover your ass, but to deceive the public about why you are doing so is something else.

Disco on Andreu's admission:

"Team management will be investigating this issue and considering all legal options and trust that the relevant authorities (USA Cycling, USADA and the UCI) will be doing the same."

Translation: We want to punish Andreu for telling the truth, or at the very least scare any other riders who might think about coming forward. In addition we hope the USA Cycling and the UCI can come up with some sort of sanction to prevent Andreu from working in cycling so that it will make it even more difficult for any former team members to come forward.

Bro Deal said:
Disco on Andreu's admission:

"Team management will be investigating this issue and considering all legal options and trust that the relevant authorities (USA Cycling, USADA and the UCI) will be doing the same."

Translation: We want to punish Andreu for telling the truth, or at the very least scare any other riders who might think about coming forward. In addition we hope the USA Cycling and the UCI can come up with some sort of sanction to prevent Andreu from working in cycling so that it will make it even more difficult for any former team members to come forward.
Yes that's exactly what they meant.... Intresting to see if he gets a newjob at another team or not.

wineandkeyz said:
Really? From the conflicts between the NYT story and Andreu's open letter, I can't even sort out where HE stands...

The NYT claims Andreu admitted to using EPO to prep for the 1999 tour. But Andreu denied that, saying that he NOT given the NYT any kind of time frame, but that he had used EPO before it was banned (which would have been before 1999). So did the NYT lie (or get careless) in their story, or is Andreu lying in his statement?
I think the NYT has a history of having to print retractions to stories they have added to.......... In other area's then cycling. They always print the retraction buried in the paper.
Without doing any research, wasn't there a journalist recently found to be writing fictional stories? Was he a NYT writer? {Too lazy to Google}

Bad journalism causes problems. Refrencing cycling right now, we have journalists making allegations and writing stories with different agenda's then what the article is about. We have allegations against LA, Basso, and Jan...... Yes , maybe they are guilty, but so far they have not had a positive result in the doping tests.

The public is picking and choosing what to believe. Right now, no one in the sport has any credability. The authorities, the riders, nor the journalists. Every win is tainted...... Every sports doctor is Josef Mengele, and the riders organized dope programs make Jerry Garcia look like a baby tripper.

Look at Track & Field. I can remember when I knew the main competitors in that sport just from the sports pages. Then I understood the sport better when Ben Johnson got caught. Today I do not know the name of one world class runner. We better we be careful in the sport of cycling.

wolfix said:
I think the NYT has a history of having to print retractions to stories they have added to.......... In other area's then cycling. They always print the retraction buried in the paper.
Without doing any research, wasn't there a journalist recently found to be writing fictional stories? Was he a NYT writer? {Too lazy to Google}

Bad journalism causes problems. Refrencing cycling right now, we have journalists making allegations and writing stories with different agenda's then what the article is about. We have allegations against LA, Basso, and Jan...... Yes , maybe they are guilty, but so far they have not had a positive result in the doping tests.

The public is picking and choosing what to believe. Right now, no one in the sport has any credability. The authorities, the riders, nor the journalists. Every win is tainted...... Every sports doctor is Josef Mengele, and the riders organized dope programs make Jerry Garcia look like a baby tripper.

Look at Track & Field. I can remember when I knew the main competitors in that sport just from the sports pages. Then I understood the sport better when Ben Johnson got caught. Today I do not know the name of one world class runner. We better we be careful in the sport of cycling.
Don't blame the journalists, they're just doing their job. Show me where they've gotten their facts wrong. They're just reporting the information given to them. I promise you that the NYT reporter will have tape recorded the interview. On it Andreu will have said I did EPO in 1999.

Or, the reporters got together and were like, "Hey, he didn't really say when he was doping. What should we do?" And the other reporter would be all, "Let's just make it up because without that our story kinda sucks."

Come on, man! That **** doesn't happen.

There's no dark room where all the editors get together and decide how to "spin" the news. It doesn't happen. And reporters aren't interested in selling newspapers. Editors aren't either. The newsroom is separated from the rest of the NYT operations as in most other newspapers. At the NYT newspaper I worked at, ad sales were clear on the other side of the building. And when us editors sat down for editorial meetings, no one ever once said, "Okay, today we need to placate our advertisers so let's run some bad news because we know that sells newspapers. Any rapes? Child molestations? ..."

This whole media bias... it's absurd. It's pushed by Rush Limbaugh and Air American and other such purely entertaining and mostly fictitious programs and periodicals so they can say, whenever the "media" of which their apart, doesn't report what they want to hear, that it's a big conspiracy.

Are you people nuts? Woolfix? Am I going to have to get on a plane and deal with you? I've already got one visit scheduled with WBT: http://cyclingforums.com/showthread.php?p=3005850#post3005632

About 90% of al Puerto stories. I do blame MANY journalists.

helmutRoole2 said:
Don't blame the journalists, they're just doing their job. Show me where they've gotten their facts wrong. They're just reporting the information given to them. I promise you that the NYT reporter will have tape recorded the interview. On it Andreu will have said I did EPO in 1999.

Or, the reporters got together and were like, "Hey, he didn't really say when he was doping. What should we do?" And the other reporter would be all, "Let's just make it up because without that our story kinda sucks."

There's no dark room where all the editors get together and decide how to "spin" the news. It doesn't happen. And reporters aren't interested in selling newspapers. Editors aren't either. The newsroom is separated from the rest of the NYT operations as in most other newspapers. At the NYT newspaper I worked at, ad sales were clear on the other side of the building. And when us editors sat down for editorial meetings, no one ever once said, "Okay, today we need to placate our advertisers so let's run some bad news because we know that sells newspapers. Any rapes? Child molestations? ..."

This whole media bias... it's absurd. It's pushed by Rush Limbaugh and Air American and other such purely entertaining and mostly fictitious programs and periodicals so they can say, whenever the "media" of which their apart, doesn't report what they want to hear, that it's a big conspiracy.

Are you people nuts? Woolfix? Am I going to have to get on a plane and deal with you? I've already got one visit scheduled with WBT: http://cyclingforums.com/showthread.php?p=3005850#post3005632

helmutRoole2 said:

I take it all back about Lim being the smartest guy here.
YOU RULE DROOL!!!!
Yes, the NYTimes obviously would record the conversation with Frankie Panty Waist Andreu. This is why I have focused on his lack of intelligence, lack of credibility, and just plain lack of street smarts. If you talk to the times and then have to come out within hours to "correct" a misimpression the reporters had, you've already lost. Just ask Floyd Landis after his thirteen ideas about why his urines tests went bad. A new one for every day.

But yes, papers are interested in making money but not in an obvious lets print this type of story. I think its more along the lines, now that they can monitor how namy hits a certain story, name, sport, writer, whatever gets on the internet, how many people email it through their circulation email--that is one reason we are seeing increased coverage of cycling doping.

And anything vaguely connected to Armnstrong sells. So in that way I think press coverage has increased of cycling and doping.

The Times is obviously not even bothering to reply with "we stand by our story" and got Lance in an interview the next day--so it worked.

Frankie put the worm on the hook.
The Times threw it in the water.
The little fishies swam around and smelled and nibbled.
But one Mr Armstrong had no choice but to take a bite.
He has to respond to direct accusations like this.

helmutRoole2 said:

What color is the sky in your world?

wineandkeyz said:
What color is the sky in your world?
Come on, you can do better than that. If it's all BS, show me where I wrong without quoting Rush Limbaugh or some other media conspiracist. Blaming the media is a cop out. It's like asking someone what color the sky is in their world.

And you're using a Thomas Jefferson quote as your signature. He'd **** himself.

bobke said:
Yes, the NYTimes obviously would record the conversation with Frankie Panty Waist Andreu.

Why is Andreu a "panty waist"? Is it because he bravely admitted that he doped and that cycling is in a crisis?

Or do you dislike him purely because he told the truth and the association with Armstrong doesn't look good?

I swear to God: people's absolutely pathological obsession with Lance Armstrong leads them to believe some of the most ridiculous things and to dislike people for no reason at all.

If these Armstrong fanatics are a quarter as faithful to their spouses as they are to Armstrong then they can all die with pure souls.

helmutRoole2 said:
Come on, you can do better than that. If it's all BS, show me where I wrong without quoting Rush Limbaugh or some other media conspiracist. Blaming the media is a cop out. It's like asking someone what color the sky is in their world.

And you're using a Thomas Jefferson quote as your signature. He'd **** himself.

Gee, I guess you're right, helmut. ALL reporters are infallible, upstanding protectors of truth, justice, and the American way. ALL of them report ONLY the facts, without letting their own personal biases color their interpretation of the story they're working on. How silly of me to think that ANY of them could bend the truth! Especially the NY Times, who would NEVER let a reporter get a completely made-up story get into print...

:rolleyes:

Not sure why you felt the need to make this a political issue, but now we know where your head is.

And you can kiss off with your comments about my sig.