More MTB Video

GeeDubb <[email protected]> wrote:
> A friend sent this link to me. Not as good as Pete's vid's but a little different. Most in the
> Pacific NW
>
> http://www.red-haze.com/videos.html
>
> Gary

The Moab climb video is pretty good, but I didn't really like the frame mounted camera concept on
the few others I checked out. It's a bizarre perspective and doesn't really give me much feel for
what the rider is really doing.

As you say, Pete is still "the man"

Tom

In article <Jnx0c.20033$UU.7743@lakeread01>, [email protected] says...

> As you say, Pete is still "the man"

Man? - It may be possible that Pete is actually part of an invasion of cybernetic men.

While he describes the devices that he attaches to his skull a "helmet" and "digital video camera",
these devices have grown from a small lipstick-like protuberence, to their current state. He often
carries a small electric device with enormous flash memory capacity for "photography". This borg-
like resemblence has been proceding unchecked. It has been reported that small children, animals and
slow- witted newsgroup posters are frightened by his approach. Has anyone actually seen Pete without
these electronic devices either mounted to his skull or in close proximity? Are they symbiotic?

I hypothesise that his pictures and videos could possibly be attempts to off-load external
processes, electonic duplication of the host, or even as indoctrination propaganda. The music is
often hypnotic and, to those not familiar or appreciatve of this brand of acoustic emphasis
(Gerbil?), it can be quite nauseating. The video footage causes most people to sway their heads,
in rythym to the motion of the bicyles movement, while muttering chants such as "cool, whooh, doh,
and ouch!"

It is possible that if Pete were to be deprived of electrical supplies in the 12v-110v-220v range,
flash memory and digital video tape for an extended period of time, he could be rendered incapable
of conveying these sights and sounds to his minions, unless he has developed the capabilities for
photo-electric power generation and wireless transmission of data.

Or maybe not. I really need to go for a ride.

nk