More of my twisted vision

Sandy

Guest
.... that this year, this forum is more confused about who is getting to
the starting line, than about who will get the yellow in Paris.

Actually, just as cool. Maybe it's time to work on predictions for TdF
2008 (after all the suspensions have been lifted).

--

Sandy
--

more like 2009 and beyond...

news:[email protected]...

Richard a écrit :
> more like 2009 and beyond...
>
> "Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> ... that this year, this forum is more confused about who is getting to
>> the starting line, than about who will get the yellow in Paris.
>>
>> Actually, just as cool. Maybe it's time to work on predictions for TdF
>> 2008 (after all the suspensions have been lifted).
>>
>> --
>>
>> Sandy
>> --
>> C'est le contraire du vélo, la bicyclette.
>> Une silhouette profilée mauve fluo dévale à soixante-dix à l'heure : c'est
>> du vélo.
>> Deux lycéennes côte à côte traversent un pont à Bruges : c'est de la
>> bicyclette.
>> -Delerm, P.

Let's see ...
2006-2007
2007-2008

Write anytime for arithmetic lessons under 10.

oui..

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:18:48 +0200, Sandy <[email protected]> wrote:

>... that this year, this forum is more confused about who is getting to
>the starting line, than about who will get the yellow in Paris.
>
>Actually, just as cool. Maybe it's time to work on predictions for TdF
>2008 (after all the suspensions have been lifted).

At least my prediction about Basso not being on the final podium looks
to still be good.

Ullrich winning means I'll be lucky to get 50% this year, but what the
hell.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:28:10 +0200, Sandy <[email protected]> wrote:

>Let's see ...
>2006-2007
>2007-2008
>
>Write anytime for arithmetic lessons under 10.

Thought it was from day of last racing, so they might actually lose
from the CAS ruling. If CAS said they had to sit it out, and they are
eventually suspended, they might have been back for 2008. Now it won't
happen, no matter the sequence of events.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Curtis L. Russell a écrit :
> On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:28:10 +0200, Sandy <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> Let's see ...
>> 2006-2007
>> 2007-2008
>>
>> Write anytime for arithmetic lessons under 10.
>>

> Thought it was from day of last racing, so they might actually lose
> from the CAS ruling. If CAS said they had to sit it out, and they are
> eventually suspended, they might have been back for 2008. Now it won't
> happen, no matter the sequence of events.
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

Two years from the date of suspension from racing. 2008 will just
squeak in.

Sandy wrote:

> Two years from the date of suspension from racing. 2008 will just
> squeak in.

Unless the ASO decides to start the tour on, say, June 28, 2008 - a
couple days before certain riders' suspenions end.

-B

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:06:16 +0200, Sandy <[email protected]> wrote:

>Two years from the date of suspension from racing. 2008 will just
>squeak in.

Except they aren't really suspended from racing - their teams are
making the decision to not let them participate. The A-W team has the
best argument, butit wasn't UCI or CAS - it was the Tour. So is that
'bing suspended from racing' for the end of a ruled suspension?

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Curtis L. Russell a écrit :
> On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:06:16 +0200, Sandy <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> Two years from the date of suspension from racing. 2008 will just
>> squeak in.
>>

> Except they aren't really suspended from racing - their teams are
> making the decision to not let them participate. The A-W team has the
> best argument, butit wasn't UCI or CAS - it was the Tour. So is that
> 'bing suspended from racing' for the end of a ruled suspension?
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

Well, it's maybe a little bit of mirror work, but the rules for UCI and
Pro Tour are self-enforcing via the administration of teams. When the
team suspends, it is as though the UCI has done that. UCI really doesn't
get involved at origin. First, team ; alternatively, national federation
; then you're cooked.

The rule was revised with the advent of Pro Tour to read more clearly,
that the suspension date is the date back to which you refer the
resultant penalty. Looks like they need to make it even clearer. Four
years, still, for Pro Tour team membership. That will put a lot of these
guys permanently out of work.

Worth remembering - it's work, not play. The riders being paid, even
30K€, do a job, like jobs we all have. Their activity is just different.
I am just not aware of any other job, outside sport, where you get
penalized for enhancing your performance. Some occupations even bring a
cachet of cool for being druggies. Entertainment, e.g. Like the Tdr -
entertainment. Yup - I am indeed confusigated.

"Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Curtis L. Russell a écrit :
>> On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:28:10 +0200, Sandy <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>> Let's see ...
>>> 2006-2007
>>> 2007-2008
>>>
>>> Write anytime for arithmetic lessons under 10.
>>>

>> Thought it was from day of last racing, so they might actually lose
>> from the CAS ruling. If CAS said they had to sit it out, and they are
>> eventually suspended, they might have been back for 2008. Now it won't
>> happen, no matter the sequence of events.
>>
>> Curtis L. Russell
>> Odenton, MD (USA)
>> Just someone on two wheels...
>>

> Two years from the date of suspension from racing. 2008 will just squeak
> in.

Plus two more for Pro Tour teams. If proven they are all gone for four
years unless they get on a continental team that gets a wild card
invite...like that is going to happen!