More on disk brakes and wheel ejection

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tim McNamara, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 21:43:11 GMT, Maki <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >> Maki Tartamillo writes:
    >
    > Why are you still calling me that way? You look really childish.

    Somehow, I get the idea that he's not sitting there typing out "Maki Tartamillo writes:" on
    his keyboard.

    I don't know where I could get such an idea, but I would suspect that his newsreader software is
    to blame, and that he is otherwise satisfied with it and is more concerned with message content
    than he is with the portion of the message where his newsreader automatically gives credit to the
    quoted person.

    Of course, I could be wrong.

    --
    Rick Onanian

  2. Maki

    Maki Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > Why are you still calling me that way? You look really childish.
    >
    > Somehow, I get the idea that he's not sitting there typing out "Maki Tartamillo writes:" on his
    > keyboard.

    Unfortunately he probably does since it doesn't happen with other people. Or at least he changed the
    settings in his newsreader so that it does the job for him. That's not the default for Tin, which
    is, I'm told, an excellent newsreder.

    --
    Fact of life #15: Heads bleed, walls don't.

  3. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

    On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 19:29:02 GMT, Maki <[email protected]> wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Somehow, I get the idea that he's not sitting there typing out "Maki Tartamillo writes:" on his
    >> keyboard.
    >
    > Unfortunately he probably does since it doesn't happen with other people. Or at least he changed
    > the settings in his newsreader so that it does the job for him. That's not the default for Tin,
    > which is, I'm told, an excellent newsreder.

    Tin is a very excellent newsreader, but can come in a very wide variety of configurations. It's
    nowhere near unreasonable to expect that the default configuration that he has will do that.

    Granted, it is possible that he has changed the settings himself; this may have been to alleviate
    some other problem.

    I just don't believe that _anybody_ would make an effort to type out "So and so writes..."; and I
    especially don't believe that anybody would do that _and_ continuously do it wrong.

    Gah. I find myself in the middle of somebody else's argument again. Now I'm even _guessing_ what
    other people are doing and thinking! When will I learn? ;)

    Jobst? Care to comment?
    --
    Rick Onanian