More on helmets

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Ozark Bicycle, Apr 29, 2006.

  1. Some interesting stuff here regarding the helmet market and helmet
    marketing trends since 1993:

    http://tinyurl.com/nfkrt

    I haven't explored the other stuff on this site and, hence, have no
    comment.

    (Get out the Nomex!)

    Tags:

  2. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On 29 Apr 2006 13:20:32 -0700, "Ozark Bicycle"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Some interesting stuff here regarding the helmet market and helmet
    >marketing trends since 1993:
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/nfkrt
    >
    >I haven't explored the other stuff on this site and, hence, have no
    >comment.
    >
    >(Get out the Nomex!)

    The heck with the helmets, where'd these guys get those shoes???

    http://www.squirtlube.com/
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  3. On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:00:38 GMT, Werehatrack
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On 29 Apr 2006 13:20:32 -0700, "Ozark Bicycle"
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Some interesting stuff here regarding the helmet market and helmet
    >>marketing trends since 1993:
    >>
    >>http://tinyurl.com/nfkrt
    >>
    >>I haven't explored the other stuff on this site and, hence, have no
    >>comment.
    >>
    >>(Get out the Nomex!)

    >The heck with the helmets, where'd these guys get those shoes???
    >
    >http://www.squirtlube.com/

    Dear Werehatrack,

    The heck with the shoes, where'd those guys get those really
    evil-looking helmets?

    http://www.squirtlube.com

    With the riders' heads down, the helmets look like the
    oncoming offspring of a smiley-face/evil-pumpkin shotgun
    marriage.

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel

  4. B Paton

    B Paton Guest

    "Werehatrack" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > The heck with the helmets, where'd these guys get those shoes???

    Shoe covers, surely.

  5. RonSonic

    RonSonic Guest

    wrote:

    >On 29 Apr 2006 13:20:32 -0700, "Ozark Bicycle"
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Some interesting stuff here regarding the helmet market and helmet
    >>marketing trends since 1993:
    >>
    >>http://tinyurl.com/nfkrt
    >>
    >>I haven't explored the other stuff on this site and, hence, have no
    >>comment.
    >>
    >>(Get out the Nomex!)

    >The heck with the helmets, where'd these guys get those shoes???
    >
    >http://www.squirtlube.com/

    Synchronicity denied, one of them isn't wearing his booties.

    Yellow shorts? Really guys, can we please not do that.

    Ron

  6. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 01:06:13 GMT, RonSonic <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:00:38 GMT, Werehatrack <[email protected]>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On 29 Apr 2006 13:20:32 -0700, "Ozark Bicycle"
    >><[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Some interesting stuff here regarding the helmet market and helmet
    >>>marketing trends since 1993:
    >>>
    >>>http://tinyurl.com/nfkrt
    >>>
    >>>I haven't explored the other stuff on this site and, hence, have no
    >>>comment.
    >>>
    >>>(Get out the Nomex!)

    >>The heck with the helmets, where'd these guys get those shoes???
    >>
    >>http://www.squirtlube.com/

    >Synchronicity denied, one of them isn't wearing his booties.
    >
    >Yellow shorts? Really guys, can we please not do that.

    Let us be glad that bike racing sponsorships have not taken the turn
    that has put interesting paint jobs on some NASCAR entries.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  7. RonSonic

    RonSonic Guest

    On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 23:58:36 GMT, Werehatrack <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 01:06:13 GMT, RonSonic <[email protected]>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:00:38 GMT, Werehatrack <[email protected]>
    >>wrote:

    >>>The heck with the helmets, where'd these guys get those shoes???
    >>>
    >>>http://www.squirtlube.com/

    >>Synchronicity denied, one of them isn't wearing his booties.
    >>
    >>Yellow shorts? Really guys, can we please not do that.

    >Let us be glad that bike racing sponsorships have not taken the turn
    >that has put interesting paint jobs on some NASCAR entries.

    The white, yellow and light blue shorts are quite enough. I'd rather see a bike
    racer with a Jeff Gordon color scheme than Junior Johnson in yellow lycra.

    Ron

  8. Ozark Bicycle wrote:

    > Some interesting stuff here regarding the helmet market and helmet
    > marketing trends since 1993:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/nfkrt
    >
    > I haven't explored the other stuff on this site and, hence, have no
    > comment.

    LOL at the wood-effect helmet for 2006. Maybe wood-effect TVs will be
    back in again soon.

  9. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Mon, 01 May 2006 13:19:45 GMT, RonSonic <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 23:58:36 GMT, Werehatrack <[email protected]>
    >wrote:
    >>
    >>Let us be glad that bike racing sponsorships have not taken the turn
    >>that has put interesting paint jobs on some NASCAR entries.

    >The white, yellow and light blue shorts are quite enough. I'd rather see a bike
    >racer with a Jeff Gordon color scheme than Junior Johnson in yellow lycra.

    And then there was that driver who briefly got handed a coverall from
    P&G's marketing folks; it would have been better if the product had
    been Tide.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.