More on mobile phones & other wireless devices

Mike Vandeman

Guest
Check out Dr. George Carlo's site www.safewireless.org/ You can read
his report to the CEO of AT&T and view a clip from "Cell-Phone Wars",
a recent doc on mobile phones.

"Scientific studies continue to accumulate showing that
information-carrying radio waves from mobile telephones and other
wireless devices, now used by more than 2 billion people worldwide,
are dangerous. The mobile phone industry has not addressed the
problem; governments around the world continue to be burdened by
entanglements with the industry that render them unable to protect
consumers. Emerging science shows links to conditions ranging from
learning and spectrum disorders to cancer. If unabated, the brunt of
the disease burden will continue to be borne by our children and
grandchildren. Preventive interventions are available. The Safe
Wireless Initiative project is intended to promote safety and empower
consumers to protect themselves and their families. Please help us by
joining this most important cause."
Dr. George L. Carlo, Chairman
Science and Public Policy Institute

Also, createhealthyhomes.com
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> writes:

> Check out Dr. George Carlo's site www.safewireless.org/ You can read
> his report to the CEO of AT&T and view a clip from "Cell-Phone Wars",
> a recent doc on mobile phones.

You can find a bio of this dude at
<http://www.tapsns.com/gallery.php?mode=profile&galleryid=3202>.

It isn't clear what expertise he has regarding the interaction
of electromagnetic radiation with matter, particularly when the
frequency is too low to cause ionization and when the power level
is so low that heating is negligible.

My guess is that Vanderman is beating the bushes and if you do
that long enough, you can find someone who will say anything.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On 17 Apr 2007 22:10:20 -0700, [email protected] (Bill Z.)
> wrote:
>
>>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> writes:
>>
>>> Check out Dr. George Carlo's site www.safewireless.org/ You can
>>> read his report to the CEO of AT&T and view a clip from "Cell-Phone
>>> Wars", a recent doc on mobile phones.

>>You can find a bio of this dude at
>><http://www.tapsns.com/gallery.php?mode=profile&galleryid=3202>.
>>
>>It isn't clear what expertise he has regarding the interaction
>>of electromagnetic radiation with matter, particularly when the
>>frequency is too low

> Cell phone frequency is "low"? What planet are you from? If cell phone
> radiation didn't interact with matter, they wouldn't work! DUH!
>
> to cause ionization and when the power level
>>is so low that heating is negligible.
>>
>>My guess is that Vanderman is beating the bushes and if you do
>>that long enough, you can find someone who will say anything.

Mike,

1) What frequency and power levels do cell phone use today??
2) What is ionizing radiation and how is it created?

3) Please relate items 1) and 2) above

Please stick to subjects you have a glimmer of knowledge about.

DUH back at you

wrote:

>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> Check out Dr. George Carlo's site www.safewireless.org/ You can read
>> his report to the CEO of AT&T and view a clip from "Cell-Phone Wars",
>> a recent doc on mobile phones.

>You can find a bio of this dude at
><http://www.tapsns.com/gallery.php?mode=profile&galleryid=3202>.
>
>It isn't clear what expertise he has regarding the interaction
>of electromagnetic radiation with matter, particularly when the
>frequency is too low

Cell phone frequency is "low"? What planet are you from? If cell phone
radiation didn't interact with matter, they wouldn't work! DUH!

to cause ionization and when the power level
>is so low that heating is negligible.
>
>My guess is that Vanderman is beating the bushes and if you do
>that long enough, you can find someone who will say anything.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On 17 Apr 2007 22:10:20 -0700, [email protected] (Bill Z.)
> wrote:
>
>>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> writes:
>>
>>> Check out Dr. George Carlo's site www.safewireless.org/ You can read
>>> his report to the CEO of AT&T and view a clip from "Cell-Phone Wars",
>>> a recent doc on mobile phones.

>>You can find a bio of this dude at
>><http://www.tapsns.com/gallery.php?mode=profile&galleryid=3202>.
>>
>>It isn't clear what expertise he has regarding the interaction
>>of electromagnetic radiation with matter, particularly when the
>>frequency is too low

> Cell phone frequency is "low"? What planet are you from? If cell phone
> radiation didn't interact with matter, they wouldn't work! DUH!

I suggest you get an encyclopedia suitable for any 5 year old - check out
the ELECTROMAGNETIC SPECTRUM. You will see quite clearly that Bill is
right - it is even lower frequency than visible light! Maybe you don't have
that on *YOUR* planet?

> to cause ionization and when the power level
>>is so low that heating is negligible.
>>
>>My guess is that Vanderman is beating the bushes and if you do
>>that long enough, you can find someone who will say anything.

> ===
>
> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
> fond of!
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"RobDee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On 17 Apr 2007 22:10:20 -0700, [email protected] (Bill Z.)
>> wrote:

>>>You can find a bio of this dude at
>>><http://www.tapsns.com/gallery.php?mode=profile&galleryid=3202>.
>>>
>>>It isn't clear what expertise he has regarding the interaction
>>>of electromagnetic radiation with matter, particularly when the
>>>frequency is too low

>> Cell phone frequency is "low"? What planet are you from? If cell phone
>> radiation didn't interact with matter, they wouldn't work! DUH!

> I suggest you get an encyclopedia suitable for any 5 year old - check out
> the ELECTROMAGNETIC SPECTRUM. You will see quite clearly that Bill is
> right - it is even lower frequency than visible light! Maybe you don't
> have that on *YOUR* planet?

Don't confuse Vandeman with facts. He makes most of his "facts" up as he
goes along.

> On 17 Apr 2007 22:10:20 -0700, [email protected] (Bill Z.)
> wrote:
>
>>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> writes:
>>
>>> Check out Dr. George Carlo's site www.safewireless.org/ You can read
>>> his report to the CEO of AT&T and view a clip from "Cell-Phone Wars",
>>> a recent doc on mobile phones.

>>You can find a bio of this dude at
>><http://www.tapsns.com/gallery.php?mode=profile&galleryid=3202>.
>>
>>It isn't clear what expertise he has regarding the interaction
>>of electromagnetic radiation with matter, particularly when the
>>frequency is too low

> Cell phone frequency is "low"?

Relatively speaking, yes cell phones are low frequency. The radio receiver
in your car operates on a higher frequency. Cell phones operate very close
to the 900Mhz range. I forget the exact range, but I used a 900Mhz antenna
to pull double duty in talking to the cell system and a 900Mhz receiver that
I used to collect fleet monitoring data.

You have a cordless phone at home that operates on a higher frequency than
your cell phone.

"RobDee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On 17 Apr 2007 22:10:20 -0700, [email protected] (Bill Z.)
>> wrote:

>>>You can find a bio of this dude at
>>><http://www.tapsns.com/gallery.php?mode=profile&galleryid=3202>.
>>>
>>>It isn't clear what expertise he has regarding the interaction
>>>of electromagnetic radiation with matter, particularly when the
>>>frequency is too low

>> Cell phone frequency is "low"? What planet are you from? If cell phone
>> radiation didn't interact with matter, they wouldn't work! DUH!

> I suggest you get an encyclopedia suitable for any 5 year old - check out
> the ELECTROMAGNETIC SPECTRUM. You will see quite clearly that Bill is
> right - it is even lower frequency than visible light! Maybe you don't
> have that on *YOUR* planet?

Duh! Of course he has visible light on his planet. How stupid are you? His
trouble is that his head is buried up his ass so far that no light gets in.
This makes it hard for him to use his cell phone too, so he's safe from the
radiation.

Duh.

PS
That was a weak attempt at humor at RobDee's expense. Sorry, Rob.

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> writes:

> On 17 Apr 2007 22:10:20 -0700, [email protected] (Bill Z.)
> wrote:
>
> >Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> writes:
> >
> >> Check out Dr. George Carlo's site www.safewireless.org/ You can read
> >> his report to the CEO of AT&T and view a clip from "Cell-Phone Wars",
> >> a recent doc on mobile phones.

> >You can find a bio of this dude at
> ><http://www.tapsns.com/gallery.php?mode=profile&galleryid=3202>.
> >
> >It isn't clear what expertise he has regarding the interaction
> >of electromagnetic radiation with matter, particularly when the
> >frequency is too low

> Cell phone frequency is "low"? What planet are you from? If cell phone
> radiation didn't interact with matter, they wouldn't work! DUH!

Vandeman, you would look like less of a liar if you would at least
reply to full sentences: I stated that it is "too low to cause ionization",
and that is a fact. It is simply dishonest to try to put words in
people's mouths. And, as I said, it is not clear from Carlo's bio as to
what expertise he has regarding the interaction of electromagnetic
radition with matter (what happens is very much dependent on the frequency
of the radiation).

> to cause ionization and when the power level
> >is so low that heating is negligible.
> >
> >My guess is that Vanderman is beating the bushes and if you do
> >that long enough, you can find someone who will say anything.

As I said ...

--

On 18 Apr 2007 14:34:52 GMT, Chris <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> On 17 Apr 2007 22:10:20 -0700, [email protected] (Bill Z.)
>> wrote:

>>>You can find a bio of this dude at
>>><http://www.tapsns.com/gallery.php?mode=profile&galleryid=3202>.
>>>
>>>It isn't clear what expertise he has regarding the interaction
>>>of electromagnetic radiation with matter, particularly when the
>>>frequency is too low

>> Cell phone frequency is "low"? What planet are you from? If cell phone
>> radiation didn't interact with matter, they wouldn't work! DUH!
>>
>> to cause ionization and when the power level
>>>is so low that heating is negligible.
>>>
>>>My guess is that Vanderman is beating the bushes and if you do
>>>that long enough, you can find someone who will say anything.

>Mike,
>
>1) What frequency and power levels do cell phone use today??

"Cell Phone - A wireless telephone that sends and receives messages
using radiofrequency energy in the 800-900 megahertz portion of the
radiofrequency (RF) spectrum."

What's "low" about that? It's a microwave frequency, like a microwave
oven: "[a microwave oven] operates at a frequency of either 915 or
2450 millioncycles per second":

"Microwaves - A subset of radio waves that have frequencies ranging
from around 300 million waves per second (300 MHz) to three billion
waves per second (3 GHz)."

So it "cooks" your brain slowly, which is why it has been shown to
cause tumors on the auditory nerve..

>2) What is ionizing radiation and how is it created?
>
>3) Please relate items 1) and 2) above

What for? A microwave oven can kill you, regardless of whether it uses
ionizing radiation or not. What you're saying, in other words, is that
it's okay to cook your brain, as long as it's done slowly.

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:01:34 +0200, "RobDee" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On 17 Apr 2007 22:10:20 -0700, [email protected] (Bill Z.)
>> wrote:

>>>You can find a bio of this dude at
>>><http://www.tapsns.com/gallery.php?mode=profile&galleryid=3202>.
>>>
>>>It isn't clear what expertise he has regarding the interaction
>>>of electromagnetic radiation with matter, particularly when the
>>>frequency is too low

>> Cell phone frequency is "low"? What planet are you from? If cell phone
>> radiation didn't interact with matter, they wouldn't work! DUH!

>I suggest you get an encyclopedia suitable for any 5 year old - check out
>the ELECTROMAGNETIC SPECTRUM. You will see quite clearly that Bill is
>right - it is even lower frequency than visible light! Maybe you don't have
>that on *YOUR* planet?

What's "low" about radiation than can be used to cook food? Please
explain.

>> to cause ionization and when the power level
>>>is so low that heating is negligible.
>>>
>>>My guess is that Vanderman is beating the bushes and if you do
>>>that long enough, you can find someone who will say anything.

>> ===
>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>
>> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
>> fond of!
>>
>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:59:27 GMT, [email protected] (Bill Z.)
wrote:

>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> On 17 Apr 2007 22:10:20 -0700, [email protected] (Bill Z.)
>> wrote:

>> >You can find a bio of this dude at
>> ><http://www.tapsns.com/gallery.php?mode=profile&galleryid=3202>.
>> >
>> >It isn't clear what expertise he has regarding the interaction
>> >of electromagnetic radiation with matter, particularly when the
>> >frequency is too low

>> Cell phone frequency is "low"? What planet are you from? If cell phone
>> radiation didn't interact with matter, they wouldn't work! DUH!

>Vandeman, you would look like less of a liar if you would at least
>reply to full sentences: I stated that it is "too low to cause ionization",
>and that is a fact. It is simply dishonest to try to put words in
>people's mouths.

BS. I quoted you verbatim.

And, as I said, it is not clear from Carlo's bio as to
>what expertise he has regarding the interaction of electromagnetic
>radition with matter (what happens is very much dependent on the frequency
>of the radiation).
>
>> to cause ionization and when the power level
>> >is so low that heating is negligible.
>> >
>> >My guess is that Vanderman is beating the bushes and if you do
>> >that long enough, you can find someone who will say anything.

>As I said ...

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On 18 Apr 2007 14:34:52 GMT, Chris <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>>news:[email protected]:

>>> Cell phone frequency is "low"? What planet are you from? If cell
>>> phone radiation didn't interact with matter, they wouldn't work!
>>> DUH!
>>>
>>> to cause ionization and when the power level

>>Mike,
>>
>>1) What frequency and power levels do cell phone use today??

> "Cell Phone - A wireless telephone that sends and receives messages
> using radiofrequency energy in the 800-900 megahertz portion of the
> radiofrequency (RF) spectrum."
>
> What's "low" about that? It's a microwave frequency, like a microwave
> oven: "[a microwave oven] operates at a frequency of either 915 or
> 2450 millioncycles per second":
>
> "Microwaves - A subset of radio waves that have frequencies ranging
> from around 300 million waves per second (300 MHz) to three billion
> waves per second (3 GHz)."
>
> So it "cooks" your brain slowly, which is why it has been shown to
> cause tumors on the auditory nerve..

You have no idea what you are talking about do you?

I wail make this as simple as I can for you.

300MHz to 3GHz is in the RF spectrum (longer wavelengths) and in entire
spectrum is relitily low frequency
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_frequency

Much higher frequencies (lower wave lengths) that are all around you all
the time, like visible light for example
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visible_spectrum

What 'cooks' food in a microwave oven is a particular frequency (wave
length) that 'excites' water/fat at 2.45 GHz.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_oven

You will notice that frequencies that cell phone use AVOIDS that
particular frequency that microwave ovens do
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_frequencies

That is done for 2 reasons:
1) Cell phone companies are tring to avoid 'cooking' thier customers
2) Microwave ovens would interfere with cell operation

On 19 Apr 2007 12:10:29 GMT, Chris <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> On 18 Apr 2007 14:34:52 GMT, Chris <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>>>news:[email protected]:

>>>Mike,
>>>
>>>1) What frequency and power levels do cell phone use today??

>> "Cell Phone - A wireless telephone that sends and receives messages
>> using radiofrequency energy in the 800-900 megahertz portion of the
>> radiofrequency (RF) spectrum."
>>
>> What's "low" about that? It's a microwave frequency, like a microwave
>> oven: "[a microwave oven] operates at a frequency of either 915 or
>> 2450 millioncycles per second":
>>
>> "Microwaves - A subset of radio waves that have frequencies ranging
>> from around 300 million waves per second (300 MHz) to three billion
>> waves per second (3 GHz)."
>>
>> So it "cooks" your brain slowly, which is why it has been shown to
>> cause tumors on the auditory nerve..

>You have no idea what you are talking about do you?
>

>I wail make this as simple as I can for you.
>
>300MHz to 3GHz is in the RF spectrum (longer wavelengths) and in entire
>spectrum is relitily low frequency
>see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_frequency
>
>Much higher frequencies (lower wave lengths) that are all around you all
>the time, like visible light for example
>see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visible_spectrum
>
>What 'cooks' food in a microwave oven is a particular frequency (wave
>length) that 'excites' water/fat at 2.45 GHz.
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_oven

"[a microwave oven] operates at a frequency of either 915 or
2450 millioncycles per second"

In other words, 915 Mhz is also capable of cooking you, and cell phone
frequencies are very close to that. Of course, nothing in this message
proves that they are safe, which they are NOT. DUH!

>You will notice that frequencies that cell phone use AVOIDS that
>particular frequency that microwave ovens do
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_frequencies
>
>That is done for 2 reasons:
> 1) Cell phone companies are tring to avoid 'cooking' thier customers
> 2) Microwave ovens would interfere with cell operation
>

>>>2) What is ionizing radiation and how is it created?
>>>
>>>3) Please relate items 1) and 2) above

>> What for? A microwave oven can kill you, regardless of whether it uses
>> ionizing radiation or not. What you're saying, in other words, is that
>> it's okay to cook your brain, as long as it's done slowly.
>>
>>>Please stick to subjects you have a glimmer of knowledge about.
>>>
>>>DUH back at you

>> ===
>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>
>> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you
>> are fond of!
>>
>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On 19 Apr 2007 12:10:29 GMT, Chris <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>>news:[email protected]:

>>> "Cell Phone - A wireless telephone that sends and receives messages
>>> using radiofrequency energy in the 800-900 megahertz portion of the
>>> radiofrequency (RF) spectrum."
>>>
>>> What's "low" about that? It's a microwave frequency, like a
>>> microwave oven: "[a microwave oven] operates at a frequency of
>>> either 915 or 2450 millioncycles per second":
>>>
>>> "Microwaves - A subset of radio waves that have frequencies ranging
>>> from around 300 million waves per second (300 MHz) to three billion
>>> waves per second (3 GHz)."
>>>
>>> So it "cooks" your brain slowly, which is why it has been shown to
>>> cause tumors on the auditory nerve..

>>You have no idea what you are talking about do you?
>>

>>I wail make this as simple as I can for you.
>>
>>300MHz to 3GHz is in the RF spectrum (longer wavelengths) and in
>>entire spectrum is relitily low frequency
>>see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_frequency
>>
>>Much higher frequencies (lower wave lengths) that are all around you
>>all the time, like visible light for example
>>see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visible_spectrum
>>
>>What 'cooks' food in a microwave oven is a particular frequency (wave
>>length) that 'excites' water/fat at 2.45 GHz.
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_oven

> "[a microwave oven] operates at a frequency of either 915 or
> 2450 millioncycles per second"
>
> In other words, 915 Mhz is also capable of cooking you, and cell phone
> frequencies are very close to that. Of course, nothing in this message
> proves that they are safe, which they are NOT. DUH!

Cell phone AVOID the 915 MHz freq also. The closest cell freq is 14 Mhz
away.

I believe I am having a discussion with an idiot.

'Close' is not good enough, very specific frequencies are needed to
'excite' water (i.e. your brain)

The very lower power emitted from cell phone is 125 mWatts has not be
shown to be unsafe to humans.

Low power Microwave ovens , type that is used in a home, areare 1000
Watts, or about 8000 times more powerful.

Please do not try to link Microwave ovens and cell phones.

I do not feel constant cell phone use is safe myself, especially for the
young. Any type of microwave energy (800, 900 MHz 2.4 Ghz) at the
lowest engeries (125mW) at 2 - 3 cm from your brain cant be healthy. I
dont own one.

But.... Cell phones DO NOT COOK YOUR BRAIN. May cause cancer.

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On 19 Apr 2007 12:10:29 GMT, Chris <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:

>>> "Cell Phone - A wireless telephone that sends and receives messages
>>> using radiofrequency energy in the 800-900 megahertz portion of the
>>> radiofrequency (RF) spectrum."
>>>
>>> What's "low" about that? It's a microwave frequency, like a microwave
>>> oven: "[a microwave oven] operates at a frequency of either 915 or
>>> 2450 millioncycles per second":
>>>
>>> "Microwaves - A subset of radio waves that have frequencies ranging
>>> from around 300 million waves per second (300 MHz) to three billion
>>> waves per second (3 GHz)."
>>>
>>> So it "cooks" your brain slowly, which is why it has been shown to
>>> cause tumors on the auditory nerve..

>> You have no idea what you are talking about do you?
>>

>> I wail make this as simple as I can for you.
>>
>> 300MHz to 3GHz is in the RF spectrum (longer wavelengths) and in entire
>> spectrum is relitily low frequency
>> see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_frequency
>>
>> Much higher frequencies (lower wave lengths) that are all around you all
>> the time, like visible light for example
>> see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visible_spectrum
>>
>> What 'cooks' food in a microwave oven is a particular frequency (wave
>> length) that 'excites' water/fat at 2.45 GHz.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_oven

> "[a microwave oven] operates at a frequency of either 915 or
> 2450 millioncycles per second"
>
> In other words, 915 Mhz is also capable of cooking you, and cell phone
> frequencies are very close to that. Of course, nothing in this message
> proves that they are safe, which they are NOT. DUH!

As Chris pointed out, microwave
radiation excites a particular rotation
mode in the water molecule. All this
does is increase the temperature. This
is totally different than what is
expected to cause cancer, which are
mutations caused my DNA scission or
other damage to genetic material - what
someone else termed "ionizing
radiation". Do your own research, Mike.

>> You will notice that frequencies that cell phone use AVOIDS that
>> particular frequency that microwave ovens do
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_frequencies
>>
>> That is done for 2 reasons:
>> 1) Cell phone companies are tring to avoid 'cooking' thier customers
>> 2) Microwave ovens would interfere with cell operation

>>> What for? A microwave oven can kill you, regardless of whether it uses
>>> ionizing radiation or not. What you're saying, in other words, is that
>>> it's okay to cook your brain, as long as it's done slowly.

>>> ===
>>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>>
>>> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you
>>> are fond of!
>>>
>>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> ===
>
> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:59:27 GMT, [email protected] (Bill Z.)
> wrote:
>
>>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> writes:

>>> Cell phone frequency is "low"? What planet are you from? If cell phone
>>> radiation didn't interact with matter, they wouldn't work! DUH!

>>Vandeman, you would look like less of a liar if you would at least
>>reply to full sentences: I stated that it is "too low to cause
>>ionization",
>>and that is a fact. It is simply dishonest to try to put words in
>>people's mouths.

> BS. I quoted you verbatim.

WHAT BILL SAID,
<quote
.... frequency is too low to cause ionization and when the power level
is so low that heating is negligible.
</quote>

WHAT MIKE SAID
<quote>
Cell phone frequency is "low"?

</quote>

WHAT JEFF SAYS
Notice that Mike morphs Bill's statement by driopping key words, then
replying to the remaining words as if those were the ones spoken (or typed,
in this case).

Mike is not only a liar, he is an intellectually dishonest liar. He could at
least lie in his response to what was said, but he changes what was said,
then lies about that. And he subsequently states emphatically that he
quoted, which only restates his original lie. That's three lies ...

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> writes:

> On 19 Apr 2007 12:10:29 GMT, Chris <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >What 'cooks' food in a microwave oven is a particular frequency (wave
> >length) that 'excites' water/fat at 2.45 GHz.
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_oven

> "[a microwave oven] operates at a frequency of either 915 or
> 2450 millioncycles per second"
>
> In other words, 915 Mhz is also capable of cooking you, and cell phone
> frequencies are very close to that. Of course, nothing in this message
> proves that they are safe, which they are NOT. DUH!

Instead of being reduced to silly statements like "duh", I suggest
Vanderman pick up a graduate-level text on electricity and magnetism,
plus a few books on quantum mechanics so that he can understand what
is going on. The width in frequency of these transitions can be quite
narrow (and depends on the lifetime of excited states - the longer the
lifetime, the narrower the width).

I'm not going to go into the details - it would take far too long to
explain, and there is no point in my writing a physics textbook for
Vanderman's edification.

> >> What for? A microwave oven can kill you, regardless of whether it uses
> >> ionizing radiation or not. What you're saying, in other words, is that
> >> it's okay to cook your brain, as long as it's done slowly.

Because a single photon at a sufficiently high frequency is enough to
ionize something, whereas to cook you, you need enough energy to
raise your body temperature to the point where you willl actually
be cooked.

The furnace/wall heater in your house can be used to cook you too,
provided that you raise ambient temperature sufficiently (which
would require a small room and good insulation).

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> writes:

> On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:59:27 GMT, [email protected] (Bill Z.)
> wrote:
>
> >Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> writes:
> >
> >> On 17 Apr 2007 22:10:20 -0700, [email protected] (Bill Z.)
> >> Cell phone frequency is "low"? What planet are you from? If cell phone
> >> radiation didn't interact with matter, they wouldn't work! DUH!

> >Vandeman, you would look like less of a liar if you would at least
> >reply to full sentences: I stated that it is "too low to cause ionization",
> >and that is a fact. It is simply dishonest to try to put words in
> >people's mouths.

> BS. I quoted you verbatim.

You quoted only one half of a short clause, pretending "low" did not
mean "too low to cause ionization", the latter being what was actually
said.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB

In article <[email protected]>,
Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:

> What's "low" about that? It's a microwave frequency, like a microwave
> oven: "[a microwave oven] operates at a frequency of either 915 or
> 2450 millioncycles per second":

Bzzzt Wrong Answer, from a PHd yet..... Must be Phd in "Basket Weaving"
because this Idiot Obviously doesn't have ANY Knowledge of
ElectroMagnetic Emmissions. 900 Mhz is a UHF Frequency. UHF is DEFINED
as Frequencies between 300Mhz and 3000Mhz. Microwaves START at 3000Mhz
and go up in frequency from there..... Before you open your PieHole,
again, Mikey.... Do the World a favor, and get your Definitions
Correct....